PS4 Update 2.5.1 Discussion Megathread

Maybe we can complain of somethings but
You know how to make a game?
Dont drop toxicity comments, people like you infect all of the topics

4 Likes

I keep thinking that too. If I ever become a game programmer and make the bestest uber game ever then I shall complain, but until thenā€¦
I mean there are ways of letting Funcom know, in a mature manner, that something is not functioning as it should. This is sort of what this forum is for. Name calling and flaming will get no one anywhere.

There are other game companies that have similar problems too, and some of them, like THQ Nordic or Ubisoft, have much bigger gold pouches than Funcom, so I say we should cut them some slack maybe? Worst scenario is, they could just abandon the game, but they have not, and are working to get it right.

5 Likes

Does anyone else here watch whatā€™s cooking on the testlive servers?

It know we cannot access them, but it is usually a window onto what we can expect next. Also, it notes when there is a new patch in the pipeline. While PS4 updates donā€™t come directly off testlive builds, they certainly inform what to expect and when (with the exception of the surprising chest hotfixes, which may not have been a great idea for reasons that have already been expounded upon as nauseum) to start looking.

1 Like

Ya the patches usually hit a month or so after they hit testlive. Iā€™m not sure why people think it would be any different with this patch :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I will absolutely forgive people being skittish about update pace on consoles after the Siptah release drought. It has gotten back on track, but trust is a tricky thing to repair, usually far more difficult than creating it in the first place and requiring more consistent recovery, by orders and magnitudes, than whatever broke it in the first place.

TLDR; The Siptah debacle is still less than a year past, thatā€™s why some may be hesitant to take as given that the status will usually be quo.

I check them time to timeā€¦ even post on my thoughts on some of the notes, But have never gotten a reply. Few hearts. XD

I see things like roll being stopped(over weight). And instantly question the choiceā€¦cause as builder, I lose my ability to move with loads of housing supplies.
And its frustrating.
I see alot of things, I figure would get stomped and never make it to live. But they always doā€¦

Alot of it is, QA/Testingā€¦ that happens seems great for PC users. But for Console uses who have months and months of wait time. PC gets week down time, we get months.
Funcom doing abit better. I still have nightmare memories of 6-7months of barely working gameā€¦waiting.

So much of Console feedback feels unheard. (staff can comment they listen) but were so far behind, theyā€™ve moved on to next updateā€¦ so any of feedback about inner working seems so wasted.

I donā€™t even think its Siptah updateā€¦ its ALOT of updates the tend to have me on edge.
I would love to update with confidence, DAY 1. But 2-3 years of broken updates always has me on edge.

2 Likes

For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™m back on testlive again and happy to test anything you guys can come up with that you think would be useful. Iā€™m only going to be able to give you a perspective from singleplayer pc, so itā€™s not going to give a perfect idea of whatā€™s going to hit consoles, but it might at least allow you to get a sense on how things are likely to change.

To give an example of ā€˜trying to test for a console perspectiveā€™ - when the healing system changed, I thought the aloe potion was likely to be a problem so deliberately did some fights where the rules were I had to get myself badly injured, then before healing, pause in place for a count of ā€˜one one thousand, two one thousandā€™ before triggering the potion from hotbar (to try to simulate having to open a wheel) - got killed the first couple of times, but was able to get used to the extra distance needed and was soon able to fairly reliably use the potions, which led me to guess itā€™d probably be okay for you guys (if a little more irritating).

Any tests along those sorts of lines that you can come up with Iā€™m happy to give it a go and report back.

4 Likes

2 Likes

For Builders, the no build cost (admin toggle, when it works) and return to inventory and move undamaged pieces look promising.

1 Like

I try not to use admin panel, =/

At least there is the pick up undamaged pieces coming soon then. Thatā€™s base game if I recall correctly.

1 Like

I heard it suggested, I like that feature in Ark, be even more handy in CE, since some placements flicker between 2 spots. XD

1 Like

If I had a nickel for every time I ended up with a roof piece facing the wrong way because of the flicker, I could afford to order delivery tacos each time I have a build session.

1 Like

Just for confirmation - the pick-up option is enabled on testlive and so far seems to be working well. It is base game as you suggest. So hopefully this feature should be available to all soonTM

1 Like

Have they fixed the voidforge katana yet still decaying while holding on ps4?

I thought that was a deliberate feature.
It rots while drawn and is repaired with bloodshed.

2 Likes

Well thank you I had no idea will to give it a try. Didnā€™t realize it was a blood drinking brain eating energy absorbing blade. Thanks again

2 Likes

The descriptions of the Voidforged weapons (or most special weapons) donā€™t exactly explain their features very well.
While I appreciate the discovery element, I also think if we know how to make a thing, we could possibly be given information of what it does.

Blood-drinker is the repair when killing things trait tag.

I think Nimble reduces stamina cost.

The Voidforged Bow previously was a huge offender. Ripping: reduces glove durability to give infinite ammoā€¦

1 Like

Not suggesting it was promised, but whatā€™s the point of including frost smithing and not being able to forge black ice weapons or tools?

1 Like

As is, you can use items for delving, which breaks them, and still get the same materials back from the dismantling bench. I think thatā€™s a good thing.

1 Like