PS4 voice chat is NOT WORKING!

I can confirm voice chat works for me and others on 3228. Maybe the problem is only on certain servers

I donā€™t WHAT triggers it. I have characters on three different servers and Iā€™ve heard someone talk exactly one time. I see the mic symbol on the screen indicating that someone is using chat, but have only heard audio from one person. And I donā€™t think itā€™s server related because Iā€™ve seen the mic symbol without hearing anything on that server as well. I know you have to be close to the character to hear them, but I get nose-to-nose with them.
Iā€™ve wondered if the symbol just appears to indicate that you are in the proximity of someone using chat, not necessarily speaking, but you would think that youā€™d still hear background noise. Iā€™ve never heard anything, aside from that one guy.

1 Like

While it would be preferable for the in-game voice chat to work properly, you may try starting a party chat through PSN with the players that are in game at the same time as you. This has worked quite well for our server. It is a workaround to be sure, but it is effective.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a link that will help those that do not know how to use voice chat for this gameā€¦
Solution to voice chat.
I hope this helps. Also make sure to test this with someone that talks, Iā€™ve encountered users that donā€™t use mics or donā€™t know how so yea. lol

1 Like

I saw your post awhile back and tried this. It didnā€™t work for meā€¦

Iā€™ve never had to do this.

This a workaround for a problem or a coincidence.

The chat is proximity based and a few weeks ago ish it has stopped working on the PS4 and PS4 pro.