Purge Bar not dropping after 3-4 days of no actions in game

Game mode: [SELECT ONE] Online official
Type of issue: [SELECT ONE] | Bug |
Server type: [SELECT ONE] PvP |
Region: [ North America ]
Mods?: [ Are mods installed:| No ]
Edition: [ Select one: Steam | ]

Bug Description:

Purge Bar remains 80% of the way to the first full marker even though I have done nothing in game for 3-4 days. I just log in, look at the Purge bar and log out. That’s it. I would rather not fight a Purge at this time and there are no longer any rewards for fighting one. You just have to repair stuff, maybe lose stuff for no reason. This character is in Exiled Lands.

Expected Behavior:

The Purge Bar to lower after 3-4 days of nothing. And I mean nothing. I log in, check the Purge bar, log out.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Step 1 Get the Purge bar to 80% to the first full marker.
  2. Step 2 You have 5 bases large enough to be purged
  3. Step 3 You have a Clan mate, but they left months ago when they had their base badly damaged by hackers. I play with this person on a PvE-C server and they say they will never go back to a PvP server. They no longer appear in game and neither does their map icon, the dot. So they are not playing at all. I just wanted you to know that they remain in my clan, but inactive for 5 months.
  4. Etc.

So, I went out yesterday to visit other bases. I killed one cobra and one scorpion and now my purge bar is 85% to the first mark. If you have changed the purge mechanic to this in Exiled Lands on purpose please say so. I’ll prepare then. I just see no benefit to fight the Purges anymore. Give us back the superior purge thralls or something.

According to the Wiki, logging in adds to the purge meter, so you logging in each day keeps if from dropping by very much.

The purge meter used to drop a lot faster but I also noticed a change in one of the recent patches. If my memory serves me well, it was the patch which added the new lands to IoS or around the time when the purge was introduced to IoS.

I was not exactly thrilled by this change but considering how many complaints there were about the purge being impossible to get on officials, I suspect that this was an intended change.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.