Purges at locations where the player is not present (single player)

Game mode: Singleplayer
Problem: [| Bug | | ]
Region: [Here]

This bug report is about SINGLE PLAYER.

So the only player-build structures in the game are build by me.

Before the big patch every purge took place at player-build structures where i was present, and only triggered while i was close to it.

Since the big patch i get purges at structures that are build by me but where i am not present, and purges now trigger while i am nowhere near any of my structures.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

That’s intended, not a bug, AFAIK.

Really, who thought it is a good idea to have the player run half-way across the map to experience a purge?

Also purges can now trigger while the player is not anywhere near one of his bases.

If all that is intentional, why are these changes not mentioned in the patch notes?

Far as I know they have not changed anything with the purge. It’s been that way since day 1 of the official launch. It is actually the number of things you do that triggers a purge and the number of purgers within a day depending on the setting of the server you are on. And from what I understand from Funcom the purge isn’t just to attack you it is meant for the map which means it can attack you or someone else.

Not in my single player game: until the big patch every purge took place at player-build structures where i was present, and only triggered while i was close to it.

I suppose it might not so obvious that it worked that way in multiplayer because in mp purges would also trigger at structures of other players.

It simply never worked that way (on official servers).
The Purge would always select a random “base” of the targeted player with no regard of where the owner currently is.

I had Purge warnings for my main base near The Black Gallon, while I was tending to my slave-operation in the Volcano.
A different Purge spawned at my Public Map Room near Sepermu, despite me jumping around in the jungle.
A mate of mine had a Purge trigger at his base in the desert while he was at the Volcano.
Another one had a Purge spawn at her farm-base near Swagger Rock, while she was at her main base at the “newb river”.
And so on.

This bug report is about SINGLE PLAYER.

So the only player-build structures in the game are build by me, and since the big patch i get purges at structures that are build by me but where i am not present.

Also purges now trigger while i am nowhere near any of my structures - and to reiterate: there are only player-build structures build by me.

You claimed that it wasn’t obvious that it worked like that in multiplayer, reffering to the servers, while it never worked like you described it there.
I don’t know about Single Player, I don’t play it, it may have worked like you said, but your claim about multiplayer was simply wrong, which is all I was pointing out.

I play often singleplayer for testing purpose mostly.

And i can confirm you that purge may happen all over the map. The fact that you have never experiment that does not mean that it’s so all the time. Maybe you was just lucky ?

I experimented purges in SP on base i wasn’t at all. Like other posters said, i could be in jungle while the purge was attacking my base in the north, or whatever. It’s bit like a lottery, you get it or not.

There lot of bugs around the purge, but this isn’t a part of it. :grin:

Other posters were referring to multiplayer, where one obviously should not expect every purge to be at your base.

It is rather unlikely that for 2 months playing several hours almost daily i have been just lucky to have purges in my single player game only at a base where i was present and have them only trigger while i was close to- or inside it.

maybe yes, you was just lucky !

You can take a look at my steam-profile, i have over 1000h CE. And many, approx half in SP. All what i can explain you, that when i play in singleplayer, i have also purges hitting bases where i’m not. Believe it or not. And that’s not a bug.