Put building cap in PvE

Anchors must foundations or pillars directly anchored to ground. So if you stack 4 foundations vertical, would you get 1 anchor (the bottom one only)?

1 Like

Yes, that is true. Only trying to get confirmation on Building Actors number, which may be what CodeMage said they would be 1 structure plus placeables. I did not check my other structures (with a low number of placeables) to see if it was true or not yet.

Then to me, counting anchors against cost would be perfect. This way spreading out like spammers would be far more expensive than building vertical, like real builds.

They could work-around anchors and would defeat the concept.

one foundation, 4 ceiling tiles, one foundation 4 ceiling tiles. (easy method, yes I know you can have 8 ceiling tiles in between 2 foundations, but that is a bit more work). You could shrink the number of anchors by 80% and still be a troll.

yeah, but then that would be a very easy tell tale of spamming, and thusly easier to report. As well, on pvp easier to clear out by servers player base (1/4th the bonbs). PVE, it would be difficult, but again way easier to identify trolling spam.

It would also require the “ghost” connection to be changes, meaning if 8 can get a big enough gap in the spam, the become different timers, and make it more work for the troll. And remember, there would now be a cost, and a station tied to a claim I’d, meaningbthe timer only exists for things identified in that chain. If something does not tie into a chain with the cost station, it has a 24 hour timer max.

Yes, but if you read

of a player who is definitely abusing the system on a server you can’t raid. PvE-C server.

These are the issues that needs to be resolved. That is easily seen as building abuse.

Exactly, that is where the cost system comes in. Even if the circumvent with ceiling trick, adding a cost to maintain would make it harder to that. Most trolls do this because they can and there is no effort to refresh. Adding in a refresh cost, even minimal removes some of those players. For players who play alot and build big plus spam to keep neighbors from getting close, it would Henderson to have to pay extra cost for the spam. Again, it will not remove all, but even of 1/2 is removed is that not better?

Cant be a cap on blocks and decotation parts, its have to be restricted by landclame whit flaggs or somthing!

what kind of flags and what the difference between spaming this flags everywhere and foundations?

It have bean several surgestion on wayes but the most common is that etch player or clan have a limot Nr of flags to clame land whit. ex 1-2 big for main base and several smaler for outposts and so.

So you can only clame the area the flag(´s) cover.

again - what the difference when this guy just put this flags around my base and start block me and spamming?

By limiting flags, you passively limit building pieces.

1 Like

Well depens on how big area the smaler flags clame and how/if they can overlap other clames none building areas (even if the clame area is over a none build ara you still cant build ther but only next to it) so vy that its limit the area he can build on. And then he cant build anywher ells in the game but yes of he use all hes flaggs only to troll its still a problem.

1 Like

Yes atlest limeting them to specefic areas.

1 Like

I am not saying flags should not be discussed, but flags should be setup where

1. they are hard to spam
  2. Don’t limit the building numbers (cap) passively
  3. Encourage pvp of some sort, to maybe steal the claim.
  4. For pve don’t allow a way to troll by claim blocking builderd.
1 Like

What about a system where you have a softcap on foundations and pillars on ground.
After this cap you need some kind of energy to build, which replenish every week per clan.

Anyone is still able to build big, but can’t spam claim the entire map in 1 day.

I don’t like it when there will be a cap and I’m not able to place pieces because my cap is exceeded, any base that will be too big will rot and isn’t even repairable anymore…

But it cant be as the feed the thralls system, that was a game killer.

I suggest a soft cap after reaching which the purge mobs’ output damage to structures starts growing exponentially. The more building pieces you have placed, the more damage each enemy will do to structures with one hit. Like, if you have an enormously big base, then a single zealot would destroy a wall piece with one hit. Combined with limited amount of followers, this will make possible a complete destruction of one’s bases. But to prevent a complete wipe out, the mob’s strength should drop with decreasing of amount of remaining pieces and get back to default once the amount of remaining building pieces drops below soft cap values.

1 Like

So true.

On my server there are a few players who have built many large structures that only log in to refresh and have done it for many months.

When the south biomes opened they extended long trails of foundations across the water to claim large areas of new land in an effort to show/reinforce their
importance/dominance. This on a PVE server FFS.

The buildings that a couple actually constructed down there are almost completely empty as well. It’s all for show that no one gives a fiddler’s f*** about.

2 Likes

I do like using the building anchors as a limiting cap, but I am wondering if there is some quantifiable value based on landclaim area. This might be a value that would permit unlimited vertical construction (other than the skybox), while keeping the total player used ground area limited.

1 Like