PVE container anyone can loot from?

Does anyone know if there is a container that in pve other players can still loot from?

I run a server and want to make a noob hut for newcomers that will have maybe some tools and weapons to help them get started.

actually only the siege gauldron that i know.

I tested it with someone in my server, they can see the inventory but cant put anything in or take anything out so sadly that wont work :frowning:

1 Like

Sadly, the only thing I can think of right now is the circle of power. Not sure if it’s intentional or what, but it’s actually more frustrating than anything. I’ve had stuff taken from it I believe. So yeah… don’t store anything in it if you don’t want it stolen.

That being said, a storage container for people to take stuff is an idea I’ve wanted for some time. It’s convenient to give things away I don’t need. Also, a one way transfer item would be cool. Like a mailbox where anyone can leave stuff for a clan/player on the server, but nothing can be removed except by the owner/clan members. That way if I get something for a friend, I can leave it in their container even if they’re not online.

1 Like

Hmmm. If you make setting “Containers ignore ownership” then all players will be able to loot all the chests but owners will be able to lock their property.

1 Like

@purple or you can use Pippi and thespians

1 Like

Yes Pippi is great with its Loot Spawners and Thespians. Once I made an NPC allowing to “open” a barrel for some gold coins - and this barrel could “contain” lots of random items of varying value (in fact it was a Loot spawner). It was fun.

1 Like

It does work. The user has to select “Loot All”.

The other way is to set up the server so that all containers are lootable by all. I’m on a server like that - it’s kinda cool. Just set the server’s daily message to let people know they have to lock their own things and keep benches away from windows and etc… Then just set up your philanthropic sites where you like…

sorry to know it not worked, i dont know if they changed it on 3.0, im not familiarized with server administration, but i think there is an option on setting for “containers ignore owenship” but is for all containers in the game.

If you are playing on the Siptah map, you can put one row of items in the braziers located at the alters on a PvE server. I am unaware of any other container that all players can freely add/remove access in PvE without mods or server setting changes.

Thanks all for the replies.

I dont like mods for this game so pippi isnt an option for me but thank you.

Ive seen that setting and ive considered it but the server has been running for a long time without it and i wouldnt wanna make a big change but ill take it up with my peeps and see what they say.

Thank you everyone, hopfully funcom will add more admin options for this kinda stuff.

2 things id love to see at this point are admin chests that can be placed and used as comunity chests.

And the setting to allow anyone to build anywhere, would be cool if there was an admin only option to that for admins to add things close to camps and such, without the average player having that same access.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.