Pvp/game ruined

coff -claws- coff coff

Get ready to taste some Layered Silk then, because you’ll be keeping one just for the drive-bys. You know each of us is going to need a sports car. That’s just PvP nature.

Back in the (very) old days when we were OP and the thralls were gunny-sack-wearing sycophants, there would be few Harvest Build killings. Those usually resulted in swift retaliation anyway. When clans went to war, there was a declaration, there were skirmishes, swears in chat and some weeping. For the most part though, fairly open and honest battles, even if they were one-sided.

3 Likes

I was worried about that when they show it on the stream, this “realistic” feature is going to make archers life even harder.

I just wish they could add a bit of an angle past horse head in the right side, one can still shoot in a 45• so so angle in real life.

Not really, I am currently uploading a video showcasing Bow vs Melee in a 1v1 Situation. Fighting against a horse included.

2 Likes

Post it here when you are done please!

2 Likes

Nice, make sure to post in here for us to take a look.

He won 1v1 against me as melee vs melee right before this footage. So he is not a bad player.

3 Likes

Interesting, good testing, it only missed you Horse Archering, what were your build? You’re wearing Bear Shaman chest and Khitan pants it seems.

Love the music btw.

1 Like

Im just gonna do it simple for me and delete the game tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

How’s the damage of explosive arrows vs players? I wonder if they’d take damage from the explosion while they’re shielded. Could be worth having a second bow on the hotbar with those to deal with shields.

That’s the beauty of it. I’ve tested it as well and it’s very niche where that sort of combat is good. I.e high chaise raid pvp as opposed to general scrimmaging where standard builds run train. This update allows for alot of counter play on alot of fronts and it’s amazing the possibilitys coming forth. And this is from someone who initially hated the pvp changed at the dev stream

2nd bow what? Just have the explosive arrows in the hotbar and double click on the hottbar u placed them? Goes faster then changing to a new bow.

And yes they do damage, not that much. But they do cripple and if u combine it with gas it give some more dmg.

Two bows on the hotbar take up two slots. One bow plus two munitions takes up three hotbar slots. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

True, but I would still say it’s more effective to have the arrows on hotbar, faster and not as obvious when changing to explosive. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually thought they had changed how arrows were loading from the hotbar, I haven’t used them myself in a very long time now. If it were an archer build then yes, I’d rather just have arrows on the hotbar. The point remains though, and is improved upon by being able to quickly toss out a gas arrow for extra boom

You just made me so glad that none of the armor is made of layered fur anymore, man that would be nasty.

But seriously if my sports car cornered like those horses do I’d trade it for a Moped.

1 Like

They take damage from behind or sides from the explosion.

Also normal gas is always a thing without gas protection.

My build was 40 Vitality, 40 Accuracy, 40 Grit, 20 encumbrance and Rest into agility.

All skilled attributes buffed and a Grit warpaint used.

1 Like

For an archer build it may be worth going full glass cannon and getting 50 ACC. I’ve always personally dubbed this “Alpha Tanking” which is basically the mitigation of damage through the swift removal of threats.

The 40 GRIT perk helps a lot.
40 VIT is mandatory in any PvP build.

And it’s not about the damage. As you may or may not have noticed, I was using blunted arrows for a reason.

The stamina depletion is definitely good, though I wonder how much you’d need it if you’re just killing him before he can even land a hit on you. I’ll need to play around with it whenever I get my PC up and running again.