Q&A Thread About Follower Levels and Follower Limit

, ,

55 thralls / pets is nearly enough.
I have 2 bases, 3 outposts. In total about 300 thralls / pets for defence and looks.

55 thralls is nice for a small efficient base, but part of the game is building a beautifull base/village with people in it.
I have a museum with all the legendarys and i was collecting armors. That alone would take more than 50 thralls.

5 Likes

Please just tell me I can turn off the Thrall limit on PS4 offline / coop mode. Limit of 30 Thralls on my already sparse server will just nerf the whole experience for my gameplay style… Building and creating settlement style RP scenes needs more than 30 :grin:

7 Likes

Best news I’ve read to date in conan, a bit of a limit to put a little order on the official servers. I believe you will have a server setting for the minion limit, so offline mode to disable and on private servers can change the limit value.
The haters will always hate it, but this will improve the quality of the servers, next step add a system to pay for building maintenance, no paid building drops … hahahaha do this people who only log in once every 15 days to save the base have to farm or stop playing.

Got an answer to this on the FB announcement:

So that’s a pretty huge relief, now just wondering how I’m going to down-size so dramatically. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

That’s good to know ! But I’m wondering something. If solo/co-op has the option to change the thrall limit, will it be implemented during the “grace period” ? Cause if that’s not the case, I’ll also need to break bonds with some thralls.

3 Likes

Might as well open the doors :slight_smile: Don’t get me wrong there is more to base defense then thralls but thralls have always played a big part. I can think of several clans on various servers who will start chain bombing people once thralls go poof.

I find that logic from Funcom…
“No one should have >400 thralls! So thats why the cap for one is 55 and a max clan is 100”.

So between 55-100 and 400 is nothing? Ok…

And as they can give answers in Facebook, can you ask about that non retroactive crap and if it only works on thralls PLACED down or also one in chests?

1 Like

Hoping for thrall commands as well! (Passive/Agressive etc)
Also a question: Will we be able to finally name our thrall (Example Nordheimer Fighter III - Jon Snow - Lvl 20 above their head )

4 Likes

It’s the end of business day in Oslo, so they likely posted during a commute or other non-official time. I wouldn’t anticipate any additional official replies here, unless they pre-planned to go the extra mile and stay staffed overtime to answer random questions. :sunny:

4 Likes

“Do note that these numbers are not final, but largely represents the growth of the cap we want.”

Just wipe all official servers with next patch

2 Likes

Let it be 400 for a full clan and I am happy with it :smiley:

Question for strong PC users: If you have a big base in singleplayer offline and have >100 thralls, is the game lagging?

1 Like

My PC was pretty strong two years ago but he’s becoming kindda old but I have 0 performance issues with my base and my thralls, and, oh boi, I’ve got thousands and thousands of fondations. And I play with ultra settings on. The only time I have issues is when it’s raining in the mount of the dead.

Honestly, nearing a base with about 100 Thrall make my PC having its perf going down. And my PC is in the higher tier of the mid perf PCs.

If 100 thrall to render affect my PC, then it completly ruins low-end PCs prefs. Therefore, 400 is too many.

My take. If one clan needs that many Thralls to defend bases on a PVP server. They’r probably on the wrong type of server. PVE-C officials or PVP Private with active admins might have been a better choise.

1 Like

When this change is applied, how will my unbroken thralls in the wheel of pain be treated … will they be under the old or new system once the breaking is complete?

1 Like

Another question. Will thralls that haven’t been placed yet have the new leveling system when it comes out or will we have to hope to get lucky and get another purge thrall in order to level it up?

SINGLEPLAYER offline?

To clarify what the purpose of my question is: If YOU dont have lags on a strong PC in singpleplayer offline with a very big base and >100 thralls, then its not the thralls or buildings directly which is the reason for lag.

But POOR server specs… Then this “thrall cap” is just a band aid on the real problem → crappy servers.

And big buildings and altars will still produce the same lag…

2 Likes

Two things: Singleplayer can often cause lower performance due to older DBs, fractured local files or even ancient non-deleted-mods, so it’s not precisely a scientific activity that you’ve proposed. You might actually get more conflicting data, depending on the predisposition of the study participants. Second, it’s not the presence of thralls that causes the issue, it’s the presence of active thralls in great numbers. Therefore a test made up of non-aggressive (to the player) thralls would be relatively meaningless, based on what you hope to achieve via your experiment.

1 Like

Can you make a Co-Op game and the other player is an “enemy”? To make thralls active?

We should make this test/discussion somewhere else… Its way to much OT now :smiley:

1 Like

I guess allot people will have some questions and requests about Follower Levels and Follower Limit!

What will actually happen to people that has way over 100 after so much work put into it they will just die?

Will it give us a option to pick them up before the random followers will be deleted periodically!
I think we really should get that option 2-3 days before the random followers will be deleted periodically actually starts
we really deserve the chance to choose what we wanna keep i will be really upset if i lose my purge thralls.

I believe 100 is not enough for most of us 200 would be more reasonable.
And we like idea make servers less lag by limiting number of followers but 100 is really a small number.

Will Horses count as a follower too?

Will be a system in clan where can show how many we have so we can actually work around it and know what we got and what more we can have?

So if the idea idea is 100 per full clan…
But lets say we are 10 clan members 1 decides to leave for a day or so will those 5 followers just random be deleted?

Allot people work so hard lost so many hours getting those Pets/Thralls the perfect idea was give us the option to save them and place back as item instead random delet them that will be really unfair.

looking forward to this answers and keep good work :slight_smile:

5 Likes