Question about Cross Server Travel

Testlive? Because live Servers is a 2 minute fight, without a thrall is Tricks, you need the Splinter bow and kite it around.

Edit: sorry for the edit…brain farts sometimes.

Testlive about a month ago. It’s possible they saw my report and fixed it. I’ve been playing other games since then so haven’t bothered to check.

I can do every other boss I’ve attempted on siptah with the (not good) build I had when I made the video.

Whatever’s happening there was affecting all harpies with that feather attack, not just that 3 skull.

I don’t know what it’s like right now, because I haven’t been playing lately. The way I usually got the job done was to bring my best or second-best sabre and let the boss aggro it. Then, I would stack bleeds on the boss with my daggers. When the bleeds made it aggro me, I would play hide and seek with it until it aggroed the sabre again. Rinse and repeat until the boss is dead, or you make a mistake and die :wink:

But no, it’s not exactly a very farmable boss. And not because it’s hard to kill, but mostly because of the loot tables. It has (or had, when I played) several separate loot tables, only one of which has a chance of dropping black blood tools. Most of the time, if I recall correctly, you would just get a fragment of power, or something like that. The rest of the time, I got stuff like Throwing Chakram. I never got it to drop any of the Black Blood tools and, after a while, I just stopped trying.

Not in my case. I stopped playing in February and I’m probably not going back until the server travel is implemented. And if I do go back before that, it’ll be to Exiled Lands. I had high hopes for Siptah, but they confirmed that the recipe drops are not a placeholder mechanic, they’re designed like that on purpose. So until I can circumvent that, I have zero interest in that map.

Just here to confirm that oils is indeed a drop at Siptah. But ofc rng jesus needs to shine on you to get that drop.

2 Likes

I must be incredibly lucky. I did each of the vaults once on testlive and got oils and master fittings.

If they have any semblance of common sense players without the Isle of Siptah DLC won’t be able to play in any server that allows travelling between both maps.

1 Like

Can’t wait for all the duping exploits because of this “cross server travel”

1 Like

You have no clue about what you Talk about.

1 Like

They are still the same, not been fixed or reworked.

You can Dodge those attacks by hidding behind those pillars. I do like the fight.

@CodeMage black blood Tools are a grind, but with a bit of Luck you get them easily. The thing is, the difference between Star metal Tools with weapon oil and black blood is not there, both give same amount while harvesting.

not exactly correct: black blood have +2 harvesting power over star metal + double the durability (longer oil duration) + 5 survival

I was talking about.

Star metal with weapon oil.

Black blood without weapon oil.

Survival stats do not Interesses me unfortunately :frowning:

Edit 2: durability is also not a Main reason for me. I use kits to repair the black blood Tools so it does not bother me to use kits öfter then one might want.

I am also not saying that blood Tools are not better, just saying that the difference is almost not noticeable.

Also, why spend hours and hours killing a boss to maybe get a drop that gives you a few more rocks vs just harvesting a few meteors. Eventually someone’s base will give up the loot you want . . .lol

1 Like

Tell me about it.

I don’t care so much if the Esoteric artifacts stay as RNG so much, but does anyone know if the other recipes like Oils, Grandmaster Armorer etc are going to stay vault RNG with the test live update coming?

Also if the negative perks (misnomer) are staying either?

I just gonna say one thing: cleaning spear in exiles lands…:slight_smile:

Exactly my point, you could not say it better.

Well, yeah, that’s how RNG works. You grind and grind until you get the reward. And since it’s random, some people can get extremely lucky and some can get extremely unlucky. Those who get lucky don’t understand why anyone would make a big deal out of it. Those who get unlucky don’t understand how people are okay with it. :man_shrugging:

Of course the difference is there. First, there’s no sense in doing that particular comparison: if I’m going to spend oil on a star metal tool, you better believe I’ll spend it on the Black Blood tool, and more gladly. Second, even without the oil, the Black Blood tool has the durability that allows me to mine much longer without having to choose between spending a precious (on Siptah) legendary repair kit or slapping my Nemedian-wearing bearer around for a couple of minutes.

Precisely. That’s why I keep saying people on Siptah are basically stuck with star metal tools :smiley:

Huh? I don’t get it, why would that be a problem for anyone? That’s how I was planning to use it anyway: have one base on one Exiled Lands server, another on one Siptah server, and keep travelling between those servers.

And there it is, the idea on how to make the inventory transfer the worst of all worlds: let’s involve the RNG in inventory transfer.

Like I said, it’s no skin off my nose. If they implement it, I’ll use the transfer happily. I’m just pointing out that all the people who have been screaming bloody murder about the massive builds in Exiled Lands are going to start screaming even louder about them on Siptah once you can bring a metric buttload of hadrened bricks with you every time you cross :smiley:

According to the info @Narelle shared, they’re going to stay RNG, but not necessarily as a vault drop anymore:

1 Like

Fun times there. You want to see a flaming forum, go ahead and RNG inventory loss. . . LOL.

1 Like

Hopefully more to come.

I do think this is the direction they’re heading, which is very cool.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.