Question about Unconquered Status at 80

Was about to run to Thunder River today, when I saw the shout outs, “Kiting WB to the rez pad near Poitan”…No thanks…General Whatever HisName Is will remain ignorant of the goings on in Tarantia Noble District for a few more days and crabs go away…LOL

K

So, I finally made it to 80 unconquered. I got the rewards, etc. and then decided to finally kick the tires on this toon to get a feel for what he can do - I attacked The Sewer God in Tarantia Commons.

I did pretty good but wasn’t quite geared up for it (and don’t have many AA’s yet including VOM), so the dirty rat killed me (it was close, lol). Anyhow, I got the "you have been conquered message as I expected and also as I expected the rewards didn’t disappear and I checked another toon and confirmed the level 80 robe and weapons cache were available.

What I did notice is that the leaderboard does continue to show me as 79 in second place (for DT class). So Cappa appears to be correct about dying after 80, it may stop you from being updated to 80 on the leaderboard.

I didn’t even know about the leaderboard until Cappa posted so I can honestly say, I don’t really care and not worried about it.

But I wanted to pop in here and give a heads up to those who do care about the leaderboard. Once you hit 80 you may want to park your toon for a bit - at least until you see the leaderboard update you to 80.

Maybe there’s a dealy and mine will eventually update, but I suspect that Cappa may be correct. If the leaderboards only update periodically and not in real time, then by dying within a few minutes after I made 80 unconqured and received all of the rewards, I think it’s possible that the next update cycle for the leaderboard my look for the unconquered flag, which would mean even though I hit 80 unconquered as the 8th DT, it may never know to update me and alas no-one will ever know what an incredibly awesome player I am (<-sarcasm, lol :wink: ).

So, if you don’t really care about the leaderboard and just wanted the feeling of accomplishment (and the vanity weapons for all toons! :grin:) then go for it and play normally.

If you do care about the leaderboard then Cappa may be correct and you might want to hold off at least until you see it updated.

Best of luck to all!

Oh, I should mention that Atilius Mansion in the Common District seemed like a good place to grind out the last part of 79 but I kept getting swarmed by mobs from several rooms even with extremely careful pulling. I noticed a mob completely far out of aggro range from both me and my pull and not aggro linked to my pull after a delay would suddenly run into the next room like she’s a Vanir running for the alarm horn. Not sure why that was happening as I have done this zone many times before and have never had this problem. It’s almost as though they knew I was going for unconquered and were determined to get me! I think Funcom may have offered them free ale at the tavern if they kill an unconquered. :beer: Maybe they just hate me for the other times I came through in the past and ruined their fun.

But seriously, be careful in instanced zones. There really does seem to be some kind of mass aggro mechanism happening that I don’t remember seeing before (not all the time, but often enough to make me wonder what’s going on).

Cool. So, I may think about playing my necro a bit more, and move it from my bank guild to Destiny… :grin:

FC should make a long term motivation to Unconq 80 toons resulting in additional (cosmetic) rewards like top rankings in leaderboard similar to saga. Which prevents that people throw away their 80’s unconquered status too easily.

1 Like

Indeed, at the moment, it doesn’t make much sense to keep the “Unconquered” status, after 80… :neutral_face:

Maybe they should add some reward for things like “Cleared all Tx raids unconquered”, “Reached x achievement points unconquered”, “Reached x PvP kills unconquered”, or something like that… :thinking:

I can confirm that after the latest update my toon dropped off the leaderboard. So in order to show up there you need to still not die after getting to 80.

So that pretty much means either parking the toon or continuing to play “safely” if the leaderboard is important to you.

You have a valid point about not really any reason for some of us to choose that over simply going back to a normal play-style.

Those are good ideas for motivating players to continue. Would not have made a difference to me as I said I ended up liking the toon and wanted to start playing it normal. I accomplished what I set out to do - beat the challenge of getting to 80 without dying to get the vanity weapons. Now I want to go back to pushing my limits. Driving a Ferrari around at 10 miles an hour for two weeks to get some new seat covers was fun but now I want to hit the track and see what this baby can do.

But I do like your ideas for those who would be interested. Things that continue to give this game a boost are good for players and Funcom alike.

I love seeing all the new activity. It proves to Funcom that they still have something great here. And hopefully it’s proving the same to the bean counters.

1 Like

It’s a good idea, but it can not happen now : all the people who started playing their character “normally” and died after reaching 80 would feel bad. with a good reason imo.
(ps: my unconquered character is still level 12 in tortage !)

that’s the kind of things where some trolls would cause wipes on purpose.

Still waiting on @AndyB or @Spynosaur_Nicole to make a final call on character and reaching 80 status. When is it safe to die. I think the consensus is that you need for the leaderboard to update, but after that, if you die, (once the leaderboard has updated), do you remain on the leaderboard or not?

It would be a real shame to have all these level 80 characters that are unconquered at 80 and that are unplayable because of a death penalty once they hit 80.

@AndyB
@Spynosaur_Nicole

Please read and reply…

Thanks…

K

if you die after reaching 80, you will not improve your position in the leaderboards for achievements points and playtime.
that is just what it is.

Well my Level 69 Demo dropped off the leader board all together after dying, so I would say any death at 80 will drop you off also.

Yeah, if you die you’re off the leaderboard regardless of what level you are. At a technical level the leaderboard is just looking for what amounts to “are you Unconquered?” and if the answer is no, then it won’t show the character.

Unconquered Leaderboards

If you die, though, can you can still display the badges you earned up to the level 80?

Yes that is still possible, I had a few people in my groups that had the badges but died in the dungeon on level 80 and they kept their badges on the sides of their character name.

If thats the case then this badges are not a current player state but more like a general player achievement and therefore they could and should be Account wise IMO

1 Like

indeed

I thought the same thing at first… but I’m fine with only characters that earned the achievement being able to display these badges. It makes them distinct from other toons and obvious to everyone that they are the toon that worked their way from the Tortage Beach to level cap without dying even once.

I think in campaigns, such as this unconquered, them badges should be rarity and character alone
or else I soon would simply turn off option to see badge.

Some account bound achievement accomplishment title is standard.

I probably will lend a hand with AOE cc, blue heal, whatever if I see badges in need.

Thats a nice attitude. But then the badge should be only for folks that still hold the active status and not already conquered ones. Either way current solution seems unlogical to me in the sense that it is not necessarily the player Status.

It may not reflect current status, but it does reflect a significant achievement. Would be sad to take it away or spread it around to toons that did not level without dying. Another thought would be to have two versions…a gold one for those that are actually unconquered, and a silver one for those who made the achievement but have since died.

A couple of things you should consider before continuing down down this path…

There are players like myself who would not even bother with this if you make the rewards dependent on remaining unconquered even after reaching level 80. Given the current state of the game it would be counterproductive to make an event fewer players would likely partake in.

Also, while Funcom was vague about the intent once you reach 80, the rewards have already been earned once hitting 80 so there is little reason (or logic I might add) to continue to have a character that cannot be played normally. Changing the rewards now will leave a lot of players feeling unhappy, especially since Funcom has gone relatively quiet for the duration of this event so far.

Let’s all be honest here, you will die if you play your toon normally. I wouldn’t mind a wholly new achievement introduced, say for example an “invincible” badge or title which would be in addition to the “unconquered” badge. The “invincible” badge could be based on continuing to not die and could be removed from the toon upon death even after 80. This kind of idea or something along these lines might work to allow an event like this to still generate the participation (and lets face it they need the revenue) and satiate those who would be willing to have a handicapped toon on their account that cannot be played normally, ever.

Just my 2 cents but I think these are very valid points. Changing the rules of the game after the fact will likely have a larger negative impact on more players than it would on the fewer players willing to keep a hobbled toon on their account just for bragging rights only on that character. Don’t get me wrong - a separate additional and losable when you die even at 80 badge would be fine for those of us who actually got to 80 not being power leveled and unwilling to park the toon just for ego.

1 Like