Question of the Week: What's your favorite unexplored culture from Conan's lore?

More sorcery and more naval life. I think of the lore from the comic with Yanna/wonderwoman and Conan. The evil witches would be neat to run into. And the having live boats to swim out to, not just crashed ones.

1 Like

Nemedia, Argos and hyrkania

Acheron

Yes!

This man approves for Vendhya!

I would REALLY like to learn more about the continent ‘Mu’. I know that it sank during the Great Cataclysm, much like Atlantis. However, I know almost nothing else about it. For that matter, I dont know that Robert E Howard even wrote much about it. Im honestly not even sure if it had human inhabitants or not. Does anyone else here happen to know anything about Mu?

1 Like

Hyperborean
-:cold_face: :skull: :cold_face: :skull: :cold_face: :skull: :cold_face:-

The lore and building additions of the witchmen nobles will bring my dark barbarian necromancer fantasy to a new high! Just to think of all the placeables…
These misanthropic wretches could usher in a glorious amount of dark crap to truly let my inner necromancer free upon the exiled lands…maybe even sorcery :eyes:

:metal: :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

It was full of cows. No one cared when it sank. But there was an awful milk shortage…

1 Like

Well, Wikipedia tells me it’s an alternate name for both Atlantis and Lemuria, both of which are quite well-known in Conan lore (as separate places though). I don’t remember it at all personally from reading Howard, so it can’t have played a significant role, even in the background material.

2 Likes

Acheron and Nemedia.

2 Likes

I’d like to see Ophir and Vendhya represented. Both would be ideal for some opulent building pieces, bejeweled armor, and lavish placeables.

3 Likes

Throwing in my card for Vendhya.

2 Likes

I would be interested in seeing some of the minor cultures fleshed out, such as Xapur/Dagonia, Xuthal and its dark god Thog, or the self-destructive hedonists of Xuchotl.

Basically, any culture/city with a ‘X’ at the beginning of it.

4 Likes

Cimmerians need more love #conans tribe

1 Like

Acheron please, from the way Funcoms going about it, i guess that Acheron here was created by lemurians who passed through the exiled lands.

2 Likes

Acheron was an evil empire of black magic sorcerers before the time when Conan lived.

Because Acheron has perished already before Conan’s time, there would be no race of Acheronians available to play, but their equipment and building style could be part of a DLC.

Weapons and armor should look like they were designed to induce fear more than being designed for practicality.
Building pieces should look like belonging to an evil empire, i.e. looking impressive and oppressive at the same time.

3 Likes

I’d like to see a little more of Khitai and Yamatai. Lore, NPCs, a themed location, that sort of thing. I don’t expect the new map to be set in the middle of their lands or anything, but a little more than just DLC building pieces would be nice.

3 Likes

Yup, Yamatai! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Khitai and Yamatai already having their own DLCs kinda disqualified them from getting my vote, but I’d definitely be down for this on top of the races I already mentioned.

1 Like

Poitain. I know some evil sorcerer inserted those false Poitain armors in the Riders DLC, but since the sorcerer in question clearly suffered a brain aneurysm and made the armors for Archers rather than Knights, we naturally haven’t seen the real Poitain armors yet. Right? Right? Sigh.

Yep, floggin’ that poor horse once again. FUBAR BUNDY!

6 Likes

I like having an archer armor that doesn’t stink or look like a lizard…