Questions for our Dev Stream: March 12th, 2021

Ps4 during raid time. How are you dealing with your company lack of updates, bug fixes, and general apathy for console community?

1 Like

My first question would be for the status of fixing the thralls getting so easily stuck ( especially in vaults ) after they get hit with a knock back effect close to any wall / decor element and become un-responsive ?
This is really annoying , especially when doing vaults or dungeons , where the thralls cannot be moved by placing them down as guardian on " safe grounds " to unstuck them , the only work around we have at the moment is to : or aggro another monster and kite him to your stuck thrall and hope it will do an attack that sends your thrall flying ( knockback ) while ordering your thrall to move ( so that it doesn’t kill the monster ) with the hope that he will be sent flying in the right direction to unstuck them , or to get out of the vault and hope the thrall will tp with you ( sometimes it works , sometimes it doesn’t , sometimes it gets stuck and can’t use this method because he got stuck on the boss and now the door is locked ) and at last if nothing works , taking another follower while hoping he will return home after a while , leaving him open to potential threats . ( by the way teleporting usually works but on a busy day on Siptah where you only find an open vault and the rest of them locked, then means of teleportation are greatly reduced )

While I love the granularity the new T4 crafters specialization has brought us in terms of crafting very specialized gear , it is true that some T4 workers ( cooks , alchemists , smelters , tanners ) and to a certain extent some of the workbenches ( artisan table , tanners table , tinkers tables , cooking stove firebowl cauldron ( the only receipe relevant for having the big ones at the moment is the dragon powder, the crafting speed … and of course if you love the looks :wink: ) and the fermentation barrel ) those feels like they’ve been left a bit aside with nor real benefit for the players in terms of crafing speed / cost reduction , and no specialization . Is there any plan to make them a bit more relevant ?
( you spoke about the future food revamp , so cooks and their respective workbenches seems to be on the plans :wink: )

On the Subject of server to server travel , are you also thinking about using this feature in the future ( after Siptah release ) to add more things to the original map , or maybe having some kind of melee servers , where you would go with the gear you are wearing + the 3 first rows of your inventory and end up in some sort of maze with the only exit in the middle defended by other players that would want your loot , and a few creatures ?
( or any kind of new server types , my english isn’t as perfect as I wished it would be so i hope you’ll understand the question :wink: )

For the Purge , since you are open to let the players having more “control” over it with the 2.3 change in the convergence traps , Would you ever consider possible to also let us , via a special item ( like a special fundation or "portal " or anthing that would suit the purpose in your genious creative minds ) to set the actual spawnpoints of the purge around our bases , so that first we can ensure they spawn in " relevant " locations , and to counter the cheesing of this make it so that each waves difficulty increases with the amount of time you dealt with it ( with down and upper limiters , i.e you built a pilar base and place these down on the ground to not deal with the purge , after a certain amount of time the next waves starts teleported like before inside your pillar ( no cheese ) , if you build a kill box and deal with it too fast then it starts spawning 1 skull npcs , untamable and deadly with not very attractive loot ) ?

Also as many asked , any plans for new cosmetics adds ( like horse saddle coloring and maybe more things like the 2.3 cages ) / and or new cosmetic dlc ?

will the siptah full released dlc include weapons ( to go with the slaves armors ) ? (since 2.3 is adding a lot of cosmetics items we can imagine :slight_smile: )

Can’t wait also to have news on the “new lands” future update ( 2.4 maybe 2.5 ? ) :stuck_out_tongue:

And at last , Thank you for all the great content and work you guys are doing !

( edit ) ps : sorry for the long text ! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Thankyou very much @Spynosaur_Nicole, for firstly going ahead with the Developer Stream (if ever we could benefit from one its now), and secondly, for giving us the opportunity to ask some questions. I know that Q & A opportunities have always been well popular among the community in the past, such as with the community mailbag.

I do have three questions at this point. Please consider number one be my main question, however should you folks have time for some others, then by all means.

1) Crom Artifacts: In line with the boundless and irrefutable wisdom of Mr @Twitchy above, I would ask the same. I would politely ask, can we please recieve some new Crom goodies soon? Given that we will be lauching a whole new religion soon, it would be a great time to expand upon Crom’s religion too. For CROM!! :mountain_snow:

2) The Mummy of the Ring: I know youre all probably tired of us asking, but that should be taken as an indicator of how important this is to the community. He has now been absent with no news for 3 years. Any news on the Mummy of the Ring? We dont even know if hes coming or not.

3) More Storage Options: I was extremely heartened to hear that we will soon recieve some additional Chest types (thanks!). However, I would also respectfully encourage that we do not stop there. Can we please have some additional storage options and types soon? For example, I would also encourage other variations such as more Cupboard types, and some new ones too, such as the often requested chest of drawers, bookcase and storage barrels. Some further variants of each would also be right at home in future dlcs.

*Bonus Question: Fruit Trees
Myself, @Bodin and a number of other good boys would like to know if we could please have some Fruit Trees added to Conan Exiles.

9 Likes

Hey Funcom,

• Will you bring back cosmetic DLC’s which would have at least double the amount of content or at least unite with some good quality modders to make their additions part of the official release and help them to optimize the sizes of their mods?

• The game is rated M but it seems to me that you are not fully utilizing the rating you acquired and not bring enough Mature content to the game. Are you planning anything that will expand the game with Mature content?

• Are there any plans to introduce more animations, joined group animations, or even a photo mode?

• What are the bigger picture plans for Conan Exiles? The Roleplay community and modders keep the game alive and the average player base is slightly growing, but the fans don’t really see in which future direction you are going with the game. No roadmap, just neverending bugfixes. You have community managers but it is very quiet regarding future news, weekly or even monthly streams…The game is unique and with utter potential for development and it seems to me that someone is not realising this.

Thanks and good luck developing this awesome game during the COVID crisis!

3 Likes

Are purge crafter thralls going to be differentiated from normal T4?
Cooking/food rework?

3 Likes
  1. Have you considered adding mounts that can carry more than one player? It would be pretty great to have a couple of players riding on the back of an elephant while crossing the central plains on Siptah.

2. “Elder Things” as trophies? I want the head of an Avatar of Bogruk on my wall!

3. I think @Kanza1 just asked this but: Have you considered using the cross server functionality to alleviate the current limits on the Exiled Lands map? ie: move the dungeons to a separate server/map instance and free up the north eastern area of the map for expansion.

4 Likes

Bom, gostaria de agradecer, pelas noticias animadoras.

tenho duas perguntas aos desenvolvedores:

-01: Será adicionado uma nova expansão para o Mapa da Terra do Exilio, como já havia sido dito na ultima Live??? Se sim para quando será disponibilizada???

-02: Nesta atualização o que vai acontecer com os trabalhadores de Bancadas já em uso? serão reformulados ou teremos que descarta-los, e capturar novos através de pancadas amorosas.

• Seria mais uma observação do que uma pergunta, Bem se houver transferência de personagem entre os mapas, tanto das terras do Exilio quanto de Siptah, não seria uma vantagem desonesta para os jogadores que não tenham o mapa ( JÁ TENHO OS MEUS FUNDOS GARANTIDOS PARA SIPTAH"HAHAHAHA").

Obrigado por ouvir nossas reclamações e sugestões.

Falta mais cabeças no jogo, quanto mais melhor " HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Esperamos que sim pois se não forem não serão mais necessários no jogo, como o Werk of the lost tribe, que embora sege um T4, e ele fabrique a armadura Épica Impecável Cimmerian, ela não lhe dá 2 pontos de defesa contra o frio como os outros T4 da bancada de Armaduras

I would like to add some questions as well some of which were raised by fellow players:

Horse PvP combat is so unbalanced to the point that horse PvP is banned on pretty much every popular private PvP server. Horses are fine for transportation, however, horse PvP combat needs some serious attention.

Feats such as Grandmaster Armorsmith/Weaponsmith, Memory of Oils and Midnight Alchemists are essential for PvP and very hard to obtain on IoS unless you are lucky enough to hit the jackpot.

By vanilla buildings, we mean map structures. These are some of the most popular base locations on PvP servers.

Some questions of my own:

• Any plans of adding fast travel on IoS?
  • Are you happy with the changes you have done to rocknoses and elephants? Are they where the developers would like them to be? From player’s perspective rocknoses have become extremely annoying to deal with due to their constant knockdown attacks and the elephants too much effort for hardly any reward (high armor, high hp).
  • Any plans to revert the i-frames on light armor to their previous values?
12 Likes
  1. Do you ever plan to reintroduce uniqueness for T4 crafter thralls, such as unique recipes / unique cosmetics? Thrall-hunting is one of this game’s most defining features but in a recent patch you homogenized all named T4 crafters across all factions, making it a waste of time to even bother hunting for crafters from the later factions. This has diluted Conan Exiles’s gameplay experience a fair bit.

2. Are there any plans to introduce thrall sandboxing, like in Fallout 4? It would be nice if placeable thralls would actually use your base to make it feel more alive (ie sit on the furniture, walk around a bit, patrol routes, idle animations etc).

3. Will there be any improvements to the Purge? (especially to stop them spawning right in the middle of your base).

4. Will we ever see an end to inflatable rhinos that fly off whenever you kill them? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

THIS!!!

Was talked in an other thread before (and many, many times) but some sort of building restrictions such as upkeep cost (thanks @CodeMage ) or a warning message that warns the player it reached a high limit. Or something else. Because reporting a spamming issue and deciding it whether it is against the rules or not takes a lot of time, and (if I’m correct) there isn’t a fixed line that says "okay it is not bannable, but adding a single piece is now not acceptable.

And… GLOWING goops? Hehehe.

2 Likes

I got some Questions:

1. When will Thralls allow to farm :stuck_out_tongue: ? ( i know i asked this before ;D)
  2. General Question to Travel from Exile Lands to Siptah ( Portal, NPC or Ship ?)
  3. Can we get more Temp Events on Official Servers like Fridays Double Drop Chance, Saturday, Double Exp., and Sunday Double Farm ? ( Something like that or a bit Dynamic :D)
  4. Wich Mounts and pets (like Dragon Hatchlings :star_struck: ) are Planed for the Future ? :dromedary_camel:
  5. Will Pets in the Animal pen like for an example Kappa´s produce Eggs in Future ?
  6. When we can get more Followers like Group System ?
  7. New Siege weapons possible ?
  8. Placeholder

Would be nice if some questions got be Answered like 1. :eyes:

Hello Funcom! Here’s my questions.

1. Right now on Siptah the eastern part (and the South-East especially) is a lot better than the rest of the map: between the flotsam crates available at the Wreck of the Sea Dog and the lemurian camp in the south, placing a base in K7 or L7 will kickstart your early-mid game considerably if you are careful and experienced. Are there plans to make this possible in other areas of the map as well? Wreck of the Sea Dog seems to be the only place where you can find Flotsam crates, and those things drop excellent loot, including Gravedigger, allowing you to dig graves earlier.
  2. When are the new lands in Siptah coming?
  3. Could we get some details on how character transfer is going to happen between maps?
  4. Are dungeons and/or vaults going to open inside the Tower of Siptah? Challenges were mentioned in some Testlive announcement here on the forums.
  5. Could we get some eye candy like idle animations for animals (rest, for instance) and thralls (like player idle animations also for them)?
  6. Could we get some building pieces to create palisade walls (like the Accursed camp in J11) or the stygian ones at Bastard’s Stand? Those things look great! let us find them somewhere in the world or give them to us as a recipe (also in the Exiled Lands, plz)
  7. Could we get a bench (and thralls too) that allow us to craft building pieces?
5 Likes

Total Steam numbers might suggest differently, but official PvP servers are as dead as ever. On the other hand, private PvP servers are as popular as they’ve never been before. Not just modded PvP which had been popular for a long time, but especially unmodded servers with rule adjustments such as no horse combat or no cats.
Obviously these are highly unpopular features. Is this any consideration for future changes?

2 Likes
  1. Any thoughts or plans on how you might improve food and drink? They were largely rendered pointless with the healing update when siptah early access launched.
3 Likes

Two questions:

First is are there any details you can spill on upcoming features to Conan exiles, sorcery, new siege weapons?

Second will there be more cosmetic DLCs this year, you’ve done a lot of greek themed ones, and I’d love to see Acheronian as a building, placeable, and armor pack, this year maybe?

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity (I play solo) what makes horse combat so OP?

2 Likes

While our modder been good at making character customization pippi, grims, whiskey mod, and others armor option that goes beyond the standard five armor pieces. Is there any chance of revisit of the mega function of character customization function. To give modder more freedom to express their creativity. Next question I have in the damage function I understand that you have it being calculated everything on the player but will you add in. A function for us to grab the actor that being damage by the user rather then it being backward ?

Hi Nicole,

Here are some of my requests :

Can you please revert raid times to 17h00/23h00 like before (and not 18h00/23h00)?
And better set it to 16h00 / 24h00 the week end from friday to sunday?
On PVP servers … let us raid :slight_smile:

Still waiting for some stats on the servers on the game browser, everything you need to choose a server that match your playstyle. Like the full battlemetrics (+ hide steam ID) and building pieces, …

No hidden players list (hide just steam ID), better for the server community.

No player name in event log (No crystal ball that tell you everything).

Set back trebuchet like before for the damage (Actually useless).

I see some posts with actual undermesh bases on PC servers, how is it possible? Please fix.

Selene

******* edit 10.03.21 *******
. + fix sandstorm
. + fix glowing herbs texture