Raid Finder vote kick feature getting abused already

Vote Kick is here to stay, though it may be tweaked based on observations throughout this RF cycle. Similarly, if specific raids are found to create too much conflict those raids may be adjusted as well.

I’ve done RF with around 8 of my characters this week, and here are some of the things I’ve noticed:

• Nearly 100% participation rate.
  • Lots of vote kick spam toward the beginning, though this has calmed down significantly in my more recent raids.
  • A huge improvement of RF related tickets for CS. This frees Game Masters up to help you with other more pressing issues. This also means less RF related player conflict, and that’s a huge plus as well.

All that aside, I still view it as a work in progress and there are some suggestions here I’m open to and others that I’m not. I think the most standout thing here is to increase the personal cost of initiating vote kicks. This is a limited quantity, but that quantity seems to be so forgiving that people don’t even realize it exists. I’d like everybody to value their right to initiating a vote kick so they don’t waste it frivolously. If they do, they lose that right for a time.

Thanks for the constructive feedback everybody. I’ll keep watching to see how this goes. :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh, and as a side note, the functionality of the BRC door will be changed in a later update. I didn’t want that change to go live for this cycle because I wanted QA to have more time with it than they would have had last week.

6 Likes