Rather than Decay, how about abandonment?

Except they already can by just demolishing the structure with " the button" and throwing up a building there.

The worst case scenario for this is that no one uses it and the buildings decay anyway. The best case scenario is that a newbie runs into an abandoned hut on the river and claims it. Or a castle in the north.

Honestly when weā€™re speaking of blocks and this kind of things Iā€™m always surprised when the default scenario depicted by peoples is: ā€œpeoples are doing thingsā€¦ no one noticed until finished or doing nothing at allā€.

Sometimes happens, thatā€™s why blocks exists eventually, but usually when a Block decays on our server we take care of claiming the land and building arcs where the blocks was. And for ā€œweā€ I do not mean just myself or my clan, but our community of elder clans of the server.

Iā€™ve never seen a building of a certain importance (like a big base of a known clan, or a nasty block of any type) in PvE-Conflcit decays without 2-3 clan in front of it ready to loot or claim the territory, usually with agreeements taken days before between alpha clans.

A player, on the server where I play, will not have the chance youā€™re talking about, because for such type of building heā€™ll be killed or counterblocked (if outside PvP time window).

Because one thing is to act in open unclaimed land, where maybe we do not expect peoples build blocks. For an existing block weā€™ll be there.

But with this suggestion, in PvE and PvE-Conflict, you will gives to a troll the opportunity of mantaining a block just being faster than us in claiming the decayed building giving us no way to counter-respond to this.

In a world without trolls, or on private servers with admins, this idea itā€™s a great idea, in PvE/PvE-Conflict official servers is a terrible scenario.

PvE and PvE-C are TEEEERRRRIIIBLY flawed and exceptionally easy to greif people on. Honestly I found less grief from playn PvP casually than i did in PvE-C for the fact that if some jerk builds like a goon thereā€™s nothing you can do about it.

Creating a claim mechanic wont change that. Or anything else about it really. Just that rather than dropping the building you could take it instead. Then drop it if you want.

In my opinion PvE and PvE-C shouldnā€™t even exist without SOME means of defending yourself from a griever.

you mean, they sould be pvp server ? Because how i see this kind of post usualy is about destroy landclaim spam & other structure, witch is exact purpose of pvp serv.

i donā€™t mean to be mean but the only way to diferenciate those two (three ?) kind of serv while stomping the grief would be limitation of construction on pve server, and thatā€™s not even a good idea :confused:

?

Iā€™m not sure I follow. The post is about rather than having a bunch of abandoned structures rot on the servers make it so that if you find it you can claim it. The gameā€™s called Conan: Exiles not Conan: Builder. Or Conan: Construction Worker. These days I build houses for a living. Its fun, but I want to play Conan: Exiles.

There are a ton of flaws in the game that should have been fixed by now rather than adding a silly underwater dungeon and a half assed movie DLC.

Iā€™m done. Hereā€™s my wish for Conan Exiles 2, IF it ever happens

1. Fix the combat
  2. Make structures claimable
  3. Finish it before you release it.
  4. Finish the damn story!

Later

For me is precisely viceversa: PvE and PvE-Conflict are the only way to play the game being able to do something against griefing, if youā€™re an active player and you take care of the land where you play.

I tryed to play PvP, itā€™s simply impossible for new players to begin to play in an official server, because even if you play every day, or you are a god of war in combat and an exploiter being able to fast reduce the gap in resource or youā€™ll be push back to stone age every time youā€™ll be noticed by the Alpha clans of the server.

And using a line from a great episode of South Park speaking about WoW: ā€œHow can you kill someone who has no life ?ā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

The only difference is: this suggestion donā€™t affect at all PvP for me, because there arenā€™t ā€œabandonedā€ bases, or at least no abandoned bases still intact, but this suggestion will destroy any means to do territory war and defeat trolls in PvE and PvE-Conflict.

I repeat, itā€™s a great idea for a mod or for a private server setting, environments where admins take care of trolls :+1:

But in official server itā€™s a terrible idea. :slightly_frowning_face:

Iā€™m sorry, thatā€™s only my opinion based upon 11 months of playing on PvE-Conflict official server and a couple of months spent trying to play PvP on official servers, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll have no less experience, but different, so itā€™s clear Iā€™ll never change your mind and youā€™ll never change my mind about it :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.