::FUNCOM:: Real Suggestions for patches 'n' Balancing

Good afternoon,

Direct to point: After watching the recent DLC trying to resolve some PvP issues like Structure Damage in a not very helpful way for all players, I’ve decided to finally create this thread with REAL SOLUTIONS (not just pointing fingers) and I hope that It can be considered SERIOUS by CE Staff. Please, answer this Funcom

I’ve been playing PvP & PvE games for more than 1,5 decade. 15 Years. I’m a good player overral considering mechanics and outplays capabillities.

So, let me adress the first problem:
-PvP Raiding Mechanics, aka Dynamic Building Damage. - straight to the point: It will not work.

Solution:
I suggest Funcom to abuse a little bit more on some aspects already existent in the game that can not only solve this problem, but align the identity of the player with the God they choose. Did you get it?
I will explain:
Let’s say I’m a player that work 44h week. I just play on sundays. I should be able to choose some kind of defensive/passive God that has PROS and CONS that align to my gamestyle.

These God’s aspects could be:
ALFA God
PROs

• You cannot take building damage while offline except Sundays

CONs

• If you have more than X structure units, all your buildings will be destroyable for 1 week. (Avoid exploiting of important areas).
  • You cannot attack enemies/buildings except Sundays.
  • You can only attack online players during Sundays.

Well, there are a plenty of valuable ideas that could make this game fly like a rocket.
I see you guys don’t have a Senior PvP Designer too… Well, I’m pretty good at it.
Played all known titles around there… I know some programming Python, C++ . But do not match the requirements. Programming is ‘learnable’ but good creative process? That’s not taught in schools.
Anyway, Funcom… really.
Hire me. This game is PURE DIAMOND and I see a HUGE INSANE potential to it. It just need some criativity of ingame players. It makes me sad to see such good game suffering with fluctuating public.

Back to the point:

Did you get what I said?
Exploit the Gods aspects so they can match this numerous amount of different players around. Even if you have to choose between 10 Gods.
Put PROs and CONs. Put some high cost to change God’s belief so players don’t exploit it.

A God for agressive players, grinder players, passive players, trading players, etc…
Put some auction house inside Sepermeru in it just like World of Warcraft.

A friend of mine and me have hundreds of ideas that will enable this game to never ever be close to die.
Want us as intelectual freelance? Works too. But please, I want the best for this franchise. Hear me.

If you read It Funcom ADM, please … send it further.
It’s serious. I should be working/programming now, but I got so sad that I came here.

If the balancing game mechanics, (I’m not talking about damage, armor, items, etc) is made in a very creative way, It’s even possible to unite PvP&PvE servers.
Seriously, this God thing only can solve a lot your problems. Hear me.

FUNCOM, you don’t need to necessarily create DLC to get new players / cash in money to pay your employees etc. DON’T GIVE REASONS FOR PLAYERS TO LEAVE and naturally you will have all you want. But don’t try to make they stay through grind-only. That’s suicide.
After you solve the EXIT of PLAYERS, you invest in marketing. Twitch players, Youtube channels, etc… and then you put how many DLC you want, cash in, be rich and pay me.

To players: Don’t polute the thread. It’s serious. Instead, help me to make DEVs see it.

Hey there,

There is no need to bump this topic or add *READ* to its title. The topic will be seen regardless :wink:

The developers do not comment on suggestions, as they would like the community to discuss them themselves.

‘pollution’ can be read as any opposing statements. Opposing statements are allowed.
Any discussion on this forum should be constructive.

See also: https://forums.funcom.com/t/conan-exiles-forum-community-guidelines/54375

3 Likes

maybe some more informations why the new system will not work in your opinion? and why your suggestion is better in comparison to the new one?

good for alpha clans or hardcore gamers, bad for players with limited time. exactly this kind of game mechanic I hate. it makes the strongest stronger and the weakest weaker.

no offense but the bigger part of the text was a bit too much self-adulation and not enough hard facts, or the hard facts got lost in the self-adulation :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Blockquotemaybe some more informations why the new system will not work in your opinion? and why your suggestion is better in comparison to the new one?

Because as you can see in the forum people will exploit logging out. There’s plenty of posts saying it will ruin the PvP and they give considerable reasons. And as you know, they didn’t add it on officials.

good for alpha clans or hardcore gamers, bad for players with limited time. exactly this kind of game mechanic I hate. it makes the strongest stronger and the weakest weaker.

Of course not. If you put TIME COOLDOWN and RESOURCE HIGH. Change GOD 1 time per month plus one week for the change to take place… . You see? Plus: CLANs must have ONLY ONE GOD.
People with no time like me and you would play defensive/passive Gods while still in a PvP server.
There could be more than 10 Gods to suit gamestyles. Just let creativity flow.
The “balancing” PvP system does not need to be 100% in server granularity, but in “God” feature. It’s perfect and It’s already ingame context!

I don’t see where alpha clans would exploit it, sincerely.

no offense but the bigger part of the text was a bit too much self-adulation and not enough hard facts, or the hard facts got lost in the self-adulation

My friend, look at what I said: " Exploit the Gods aspects so they can match this numerous amount of different players around ." This is one of the best ideas around.

CE already have “God” feature. They just need to go deeper with it.
This insight was so good that I didn’t even think I would need to explain more. Look at it!

Seriously if you don’t think that the idea of the Gods being a feature to actually suit different gamestyles ingame, I can’t argue. I just see it as genius.

And the Auction House is genius too. But stolen from WoW.

There could be a Phoenix God which his ‘‘blessing’’ is to increase the amount of farm you get when you get wiped. (Of couse there must be disadvantages).
There could be a Poseidon God which his ‘‘blessing’’ is to allow you to have a different type of structure that allows you to build underwater without letting water invading the inside of structure.
(Of couse there must be disadvantages).

We could make insanely big lists here that would enhance the gameplay to a level never seem.

Just think about it… If you could have a God to represent your gamestyle considering your time to play, how could it be? There must be disadvantages.
Would you play hidden like me because we have no time?
Would you play with a bunch of little bases around because you want safety cuz u have no time?

The purpose of a forum is to facilitate public discussion. If you don’t want that, you can try sending a direct message to @Community, and see if that works out.

POLLUTE = Being Toxic. Being Toxic != Critical analysis.
That’s it.
Back to the topic. Until now, I’ve just been quoted about things that are different from the original idea.

‘‘Hey, but what’s the idea? I just pay attention to your ego boost’’. This is the idea:
I suggest Funcom to abuse a little bit more on some aspects already existent in the game that can not only solve this problem, but align the identity of the player with the God they choose

I understood the original idea, but I don’t think you’ve thought it through properly. I’m not going to comment on the PVP aspects of it, because I don’t play on PVP servers, but rather on the lack of consideration of the effects on the PVE and PVE-C players.

Right now, clans on PVE(-C) servers have shrines to multiple gods. We use them for the unique items that can be crafted on them and for decoration.

You’re proposing to limit each clan to only one deity. In other words, you’re taking away a feature from PVE(-C) players and giving them nothing in return.

Hey hey hey it’s ya boy Jimbo coming to pollute your thread with facts and logic

Eskettit

As opposed to fake ones

Watch out guys, SERIOUS post is SERIOUS. Only SERIOUS replies allowed

Please, ignore this Funcom

Debatable. Time doesn’t equate to skill. Many people have been proving that lately.

I don’t get it

So do I. I find a few hours in the evening but I get it if you can’t. SERIOUS solution for you good sir; play pve or conflict.

So essentially, what I’m reading here is you want them to give you a button that makes you immune while you’re away and only able to do something when you personally are able to do something. This feels incredibly, incredibly niche and catered. Your situation is not that of the average player.

pls hire me I’m a good idea guy trust me bro I got good ideas just hire me

This is the world’s strangest cover letter I’ve ever seen.

No but let’s keep going

So essentially you want to throw out a balanced system of varied gods to replace them with generic calendar gods and spare change. I choose to pray to Tuesda, God of Tuesdays. That makes me invincible on every day but Tuesday for some reason.

I really, really don’t see this working. This game isn’t an mmo for a reason. If people want to trade, they can trade directly, not through some generic npc vendor to hold their stuff. Trade deals gone wrong in pvp is just part of the game.

I make a great idea guy pls bro hire me I don’t know how to actually make games but I have ideas pls bro just gimme a job

So essentially you want to make pvp enabled a god selection instead of server setting. I don’t think it’s a good idea to have everyone together and the only safeguard is one guy praying to Softus, God of PvE. This will only cause more problems for both parties.

If I put words in bold they become more important please bro just give me a job

2 Likes

Is It so hard for you to understand that the GOD’S FEATURE is extremely underrated and should be used as a mechanism of balancing?

I was about to answer you properly, but considering that you just came here to throw rocks instead of sharing some brain food just like a herd person.

I exposed a problem: “Dynamic Structure Damage”.
And I exposed a possible solution path: “Make God’s suit different playstyles”.
Yes. You can choose the God of Tuesdays because you only play on Tuesdays.
Else, do you want to get raided while offline? Without being able to defend? I guess not.

So essentially, what I’m reading here is you want them to give you a button that makes you immune while you’re away and only able to do something when you personally are able to do something

You are so negatively biased, Jimbo. The focus here is a solution to not being OFFLINE RAIDED without enabling offline exploiting.
A possible path? God’s features.
Because if they do it for the whole server, they will not be able to adapt to other players.

So essentially you want to make pvp enabled a god selection instead of server setting. I don’t think it’s a good idea to have everyone together and the only safeguard is one guy praying to Softus, God of PvE. This will only cause more problems for both parties.

Now this is the important part of your post.
No. he cannot have the GOD of PvE because he’s in a PvP server. He can have a God that has blessings for enabling him spending more focus on PvE than PvP. Get it?
But he must have PvP disadvantages to balance it.

Do you see what I’m proposing?
I’m proposing some sort of “Talent Tree” of God’s to suit playstyle. Do you think It’s crazy?
Talent Trees usually consider ingame features. With God’s FUNCOM can use It to balance outside game characteristics.

BOLD words is to enhance most important parts. Not to make the text more important.
You know you use it in your corporate email for dynamic reading and emphasis. What are you talking about? lol

1 Like

How does one balance a Monday as opposed to a Wednesday

I was going to answer this thread properly but really it’s baffling the absurdity of it all so I decided against it

That is by far the worst pairing of words I’ve ever read in my entire life.

Not a problem

You exposed turning gods into calendar holders

Funny, I’m usually told the opposite.

Yeah so dynamic building damage as opposed to only being able to play one day a week

You said you were going to consolidate them all together with your scrumptious brain food. Which is it?

No, not really.

Yeah, kinda.

No, I really don’t. If you can’t use your vocabulary to emphasize your words, formatting them different is a cheap coverup for bad diction

1 Like

Right now, clans on PVE(-C) servers have shrines to multiple gods. We use them for the unique items that can be crafted on them and for decoration.

You’re proposing to limit each clan to only one deity. In other words, you’re taking away a feature from PVE(-C) players and giving them nothing in return.

Yes, this is true. But that’s way easier to solve considering It just involves items/crafts/decoration!!!
Compared to balacing PvP granularity system?
What I’m proposing is just going deeper in a feature that already exists in the game. The GODs. And use them as a powerful tool to balancing PvP system.

Example about the problem you showed me:
A player can choose a God, but have reputation to another religion. The decoration/craft/items are a consequence of reputation, but they would not enable the player to have the blessings of other Gods

I give up with you. I already know how people like you behave to different ideas. And I know where It ends.
Plus, every forum has the all-known dude that rejects everything different and he’s there for decades.

Here, a summary:

- Use GODs as a feature to adapt to different playstyles and balacing PvP system.

Do you have any other idea for that? Create a thread. I want to see your idea. And I’ll show you how to posively brainstorm properly. Maybe your idea can even go further!
I hope you really have a good idea and they hear because I would love to go back to Conan. Not being sarcastic here.

I just don’t see how you are helping this thread instead of pointing problems without showing solutions.
Everybody knows where the problem is at. Nobody knows how to solve.
If you point something wrong, please tell the solution.

Please, stop trolling.

1 Like

K.

You don’t know me, chief. You don’t know my story

Dynamic building damage.

You can hire me on as the Senior Brain Food Chef. I’m providing opposing criticisms as a way to poke holes in your idea. What do we do if someone plays for two days a week? What did you mean about consolidating the servers? You contradict yourself. I have so many questions and I get the feeling you haven’t fully thought it through

1 Like

Dynamic building damage

If this is a great idea, why did they not put it on official servers? I would love it. But they DID NOT PUT. So there’s a problem. And I offered an alternative.

You can hire me on as the Senior Brain Food Chef. I’m providing opposing criticisms as a way to poke holes in your idea

So tell me how do you close the holes? You see. That’s what you do. That’s definetly not problem solving.
But I get you. It’s way easier to point holes. I agree.
Please, create your thread with solutions.

You are a good person to find errors. I see your profile. But not to CREATE. Naturally, all ideas initially have fails that must be corrected. This is why I’m telling here that funcom should GO DEEPER (which is not my job, but a suggestion) in using GOD’s features as a balancing MECHANISM.

Yet.

Problems aren’t open a shut. You can’t claim to have an idea so great that you deserve a job for it and not expect criticism. If you can’t close the holes I poke, your solution won’t float.

2 Likes

Yet .

If they put, ok. I take this thread out because the first solution was used.

Problems aren’t open a shut. You can’t claim to have an idea so great that you deserve a job for it and not expect criticism. If you can’t close the holes I poke, your solution won’t float.

Oh ok. Now I see where you get pissed.
I did expect criticism but with solutions. That’s how we walk forward. Example: “Oh Y is bad. Maybe you should X”.

Now, for real. If I was going to close all the holes of an idea, that’s because I’m hired.
Intelectual property. Do you give it all for free?

I’ve pointed a VERY GOOD path but of course there will be obstacles
Is this my job to do it? Nope. But if Funcom considers It a viable PATH, then they will deal with it.
I’m just here trying to expose an alternative to make players with normal lifestyle to come back.

Wife, University, Job, Kids… Vacation with family. We do put some hours ingame and we want to appreciate the PvP. But not being able to fight back online? That’s crazy. We know raiding is part of the fun. But we must be able to participate.

It might be easier to solve than PVP balance, but if you’re using phrases like “just items and crafting”, it doesn’t inspire much confidence. Items and crafting recipes can drastically alter the balance of the in-game economy. And by “economy”, I don’t mean in the sense of players trading with each other, but in the sense of the cost and benefit of different items. A change in just one item can sometimes drastically change the landscape of available strategies.

I’m sorry, what is “PVP granularity system”?

What blessings? Remember, we’re talking about PVE(-C) and I don’t see any blessings proposed for those modes.

Now, that is pretty presumptuous coming from someone who addresses criticism by moving the goal posts instead of engaging on the criticized details. Example:

Frankly, I have yet to see you address any of the questions properly. “Brainstorming” doesn’t mean “details aren’t important, focus on the big picture”.

The whole idea where your deity makes you unraidable for 6 days of the week will completely unbalance the game by giving players the ability to farm and stockpile with impunity for 6/7 of their playtime. The Dynamic Building Damage was a good idea precisely because it tied the risk of being raided to the rewards of being able to prepare for raids. Your idea would make an already bad situation even worse.

2 Likes

Am I? I don’t see

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

The whole idea where your deity makes you unraidable for 6 days of the week will completely unbalance the game by giving players the ability to farm and stockpile with impunity for 6/7 of their playtime.

Question is: Is it fair to be raided while Offline?
I don’t think It is. I believe we have the right to defend ourselves.

Considering that, I’m offering a alternative. It’s a great alternative that could enhance a lot the game.

Please, stop trolling, Jimbo.
You are just showing problems without solutions.
I can actually pretty much tell some solutions, but this would be endless with you It seems.

You don’t know me, chief. You don’t know my story

Common behaviors… that tells a lot.

Please stop trolling. Just that.
I want brainstorm.
I want to comeback to play Conan and have fun.