Reappearing deleted horse and pet

So I wanted to recreate my character on SP, but leave just a handful of items, my horse and my pet. Problem is, I couldn’t interact with the horse or pet, so sadly I had to go admin mode and destroytarget to get rid of them. But whenever I log on, they’re back. Anyone know what I need to do to either get rid of them permanently, or if possible be able to interact with them on my remade character?

No guarantees with this, I’ve not actually used the ‘copy character’ feature yet - but if I’ve understood it correctly, the following should theoretically be possible - if you still have a copy of the save database from the old character before you created the new one:

1. make a copy of your current game.db (or Siptah.db) - put this backup somewhere safe (in case the rest doesn’t work)
  2. use ‘copy character’ to create a transferable copy of your current character, ready for transfer into a save
  3. replace your current save database with the old one (with the old character still present)
  4. delete pet, horse (and anything else you don’t want to stay)
  5. transfer the copied character into this newly ‘cleaned’ save.

Back-up copies at every stage are probably a good idea, you can always delete the excess copies later.

Alternatively, if you don’t plan on keeping anything from the original save now - just follow steps 1 and 2 above, then for step 3 create a new game/new character, and then jump to step 5 (since there is nothing to delete for step 4).

Please remember - this is based on how I believe the system is supposed to work, not on having actually tried it myself. You may be better waiting for someone with more knowledge - but I believe the steps I’ve laid out should work - and provided you keep back-ups of everything, should be pretty safe. I hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure I understand step 3. Replace the current save with the old one from before I recreated my character? Because I didn’t make a backup of that.

That’s going to be the problem. As I said, this method should work (in theory), if you have a backup of the old save to work from - but without it, I’m not sure if there is a method.

I take it you have no backup saves from any point with the old character (the one that actually owned the items you want to keep/delete)? And presumably it’s not just that you want to now get rid of the old horse and pet (because of the ownership problem), but also there are other things that you want to remain in the world? Because if it’s only the horse and pet, the fresh world option should be enough to get rid of them while keeping your current character progress (but losing any buildings etc). But if there’s stuff to keep then it’s got to come from somewhere.

The ideal solution would obviously be if you could just take over ownership with your new character. In theory, there should be a way to do it, but I’m lacking the knowledge, I’m sorry. I’ll keep trying to see if I can come up with something, and hopefully someone with more knowledge may see this and be able to offer more help.

Well, I didn’t have too much. I was able to pick up and carry everything but my new horse and pet, so I did the character copy and got the issue fixed. Thank you very much. I hadn’t even thought of doing that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.