šŸšØ Recent Critical Issues Workarounds

For me since the last update the game is freezing when logging off

Iā€™m also experiencing random freezes while playing and thereā€™s a fair chance the game will freeze when I try to quit.

It didnā€™t work. I got a loading-screen freeze just now.

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately no dice tonight. :confused: We tried a bunch of things and pushed some builds but that was to no avail. Weā€™re going to have to pause this for now until folks are back on work hours tomorrow.

1 Like

Freezing when maximize window on windowed mode continues

OOF.

I just got another freeze which is going to cost me yet another kit. Itā€™s no big deal to me because I can afford to easily replace these kits, but if most of the the new players you just managed to convert into paying customers via the free weekend are affected by this, your marketing campaign was basically wasted.

In total, of the 6+ hours I attempted to log in today, I was only able to play about 20 minutes. If I wasnā€™t already committed to CE, I would have given up the game entirely and written it off as ā€œthis game is broken and not worth my timeā€.

For this reason, I feel the need to say the following: I believe you guys really need to work on your build process in general.

I understand @AndyB that you arenā€™t in a development role, so this is more a message for the technical side of the team and the management: There is no reason that pushed some builds and ā€œtried a bunch of thingsā€ should be happening on the live version of the game.

I noticed that you guys pushed 2 different patches tonight out via Steam. While I definitely appreciate the development teamā€™s effort to try to resolve this issue, the reality is that patches that cause the game to be this unstable should have never even made it to a mainline branch, let alone get pushed out to the masses (i.e. sent to steam). I have also noticed that often when new content patches are released, that some game features (i.e. the main features of said patch) are well polished and ready to go, but other things appear to be brokenā€“as if someoneā€™s WIP Perforce Revision got pushed into the live build. All of these really lead me to believe that you guys need to figure out your build pipeline for the project.

It seems to me that of the patches are ALL (the work that has been done so far, including work in progress) or nothing (no changes at all). This is problematic because polished features get shipped alongside broken parts of the game (that are broken because of being a WIP). This suggests to me that you guys do not have proper Perforce stream workflows or branches set up internally. Because I have no idea what FCā€™s internal pipelines and processes are, or how your systems are set up, I may be way off base here. But clearly something isnā€™t working.

If you guys donā€™t have separate feature streams, I would strongly suggest figuring out how to get that working. It would allow you to resolve issues like this much more easily. With an organized streams depot it would also be much easier to roll back (which is really what should have probably been done in this case).

My overall point is that this is worth investigating. Iā€™m very forgiving of Conan, and I have a lot invested in it. But newer players who arenā€™t already in love with the game, may not be so forgiving. Therefore, every time a new frustrating bug, crash, freeze, or mechanic gets introducedā€“even if it gets patched out 3 days laterā€“you may have entirely lost a new player to another game.

7 Likes

In case this is useful and not already commonly known to staff:

Manually setting the OPENSSL_ia32cap environment variable to ā€œ~0x200000200000000ā€ simply disables the AES-NI instruction set extension. This ISE has been commonly supported and included in a majority of Intel processors at least as far back as Westmere and should be largely irrelevant to properly-designed UE applications. Unfortunately, every recent major UE releaseā€”particularly post-v2.3ā€”has demonstrated a growing disregard for critical convention and quality control measures, resulting in increasingly-broken hardware compatibility along both the trailing- and leading-edges of the market.

If this were my project, Iā€™d immediately suspect any UE features that were enabled, versioned, or initially integrated/implemented during the update. This is a very tough time to be a UE developer iterating a legacy project. I wish you all the best of luck.

3 Likes

Good morning . I have a problem on the exile # 1977 / LATAM official server. It gets stuck on the loading screen and does not start the server. Is there any solution?

I have problems connecting to the exile (Latam) #1977 server for three days.
I donā€™t want to lose all my progress for not connecting due to a problem in the update that you sent to steam
I am not the only person with this problem.
I wait for an answer and solution in this regard.

Iā€™ve been seeing these 1977 post all over the forums. Have you guys actually reported that through Zendesk already?

ŠøŠ³Ń€Š° Š½Šµ Š·Š°ŠæусŠŗŠ°ŠµŃ‚ся Š² чŠµŠ¼ ŠæрŠ¾Š±Š»ŠµŠ¼Š°?

This game is unplayable, official 1040 went down suddenly, after I could not log back. Later I found my character killed and looted. This is a joke. Why should I play, If I risk my collected stuff to be lost after a server crash? There are more stabile games than the Conan Exiles.

Sure we already reported to zendesk, after the update we cant join this server, we got stuck on loading screen forever, i tested yesterday and i can join other server, but not this one, where my progress since jan 18. The issues started after the 2 nd june patch, this server is the only pve-c on latin america, we recieved a lot of new players due to the free week and sipath launch, and those players are now disapointed and frustrated, and bad first impressions are hard to overcome. I already bought siptah as i started to play, now i think that i could have waited a little before to spent and commit with the game. Im playing for six months now, despite the lags and a lack of control on official servers i was loving the game. If could not continue from where i sotped before de bug patch or lost my base due to decay, it will be game over for me. Unfortunatly i already spent my money, but will be forced to never trust a funcom title again. Sorry by text wall but, as im stuck on infinite loading screen rigth now i had to share how i feel.

2 Likes

last lines of my log, while stuck on loading:

[2021.06.06-04.40.24:205][188]LogNetTraffic:Warning: ReceivedNextBunch: Skipping bunch since channel isnā€™t fully open. ChIndex: 251

same here :frowning:

Hello guys any clue on solving infinite loading screen? When stuck on loading screen my log shows the following lines repeatly:

[2021.06.07-04.56.38:675][302]LogNetTraffic:Warning: ReceivedNextBunch: Skipping bunch since channel isnā€™t fully open. ChIndex: 4

Today i discovered that if i press R on while stuck on loading screen the game crashes to desktop.

I just bought a brand new ASUS TUFF gaming laptop
11th gen
Nvidia RTX 3070 8gb GPU
24gb RAM

Opened box, plugged it in, windows Update first, then all driver updatesā€¦ Installed steam, then Conan, game will not even get to the first Conan logo screen. I have tried every work around on this thread, NOTHING has worked.

1 Like

downloaded the game off game pass and everytime i move the game freezes untill i stop, then teleports me to where ive walked toā€¦ anyone got a fix for this as i cant even move from the spawn?

Re-stickied thread, added blurb about pausing/hitching on PC when using keyboard and mouse. Might try turning off the Razer Central app.

3 Likes

Updated OP to clarify that the issue with the game locking up in certain locations during gameplay is still affecting the GamePass PC version. This will be fixed as quickly as possible.

2 Likes