Reduce weapon and armor recipes cost to 1 skill point

Those are minimal if you respec. Obviously you’re not going to want Iron Arrows once you unlock Steel and so on. You’ve got more than enough to get the best bow, all arrows, basic building supplies/crafting, and most of the top tier weapons. Why don’t you share your feat allocation and we can see what you’re spending it all on?

2 Likes

This is a matter of tast, in my opinion. It’s having a feat system with specialization or having all unlocked, only limited by your level. If you spam weapon feats because you are annoyed of respec you can bring this argument forth at any given item cathegory at some point. If you tweak it to the point it doesn’t bother you, it’s pointless. While I too, don’t like to respec, I see the benefit it’s limitation. Just recently I build an item for an other player while a third build me a radium torch, which I can’t build myself. We are all in different clans on PvP server. I would press it further and say we have a little to much points at the moment. We had much less before the feat revamp.

2 Likes

is it this or…

this?

If it is option #2, then i have to disagree. Been in big clans. Alphas (term to me only apply to PVE-C and PVP…PVE is only building, exploring and RP, no way to truly exert your will if you wanted to be called Alpha) do not put time and effort into decorations and non essentials. They make things in mass. Respeccing is done only to go from farmer to the different meta builds for combat. Feats are hard stamped to each owns favorite builds/weapons. That is how they became alpha. No non-tactical time while online. Sure, occasionally Alphas like to take a vacation in game, and when server is under control/at peace, they may do some PVE type building, but usually it is for troll bases and false targets.

I agree. I’m at level 47 and I have 40ish perk points I don’t even know what to do with.

You are on the dumb side of the argument. It’s a needless inconvenience, in a game that depends on people devoting their free time to. Too much inconvenience and people leave. This is evidenced by Conan Exiles under-performing against games like RUST/FOREST/ARK… and even ATLAS.

Conan Exiles is doing something very wrong. And it’s not the graphics, or the combat system. Combat system is excellent, super smooth, looks great. Graphics, the same. Very fluid game, beautiful, wonderful game to look at and play in. Buildings can look amazing.

It’s the senseless, needless, inconvenience relating to some aspects of the game. (Feats limiting a player to HALF the game, but allowing them (via inconvenience) to have the other half of it within a few minutes.) It’s an artificial, pointless, pain in the ■■■ way of limiting players, that does not serve much purpose beyond inconveniencing people.

Additonally rot time will destroy ALL of this work you struggled to accomplish should you push your way through the inconveniences. The first time, its easy as the game is beautiful and fun, and new. But then all your things EXPLODE for no reason… and your pissed off and stop playing for a few weeks.

People come back after a time because the game is great… but they have a limit before they just move onto games like Monster Hunter World. (Hint: That’s where I am atm.)

I purchased 3 of the 4 DLC’s… the most recent one I rolled my eyes at, cause I am tired of the “basics” not being addressed. (Feats/Mounts/Decay/Purge).

To call @Bremen65 out for being on the dumb side of the argument is ridiculous and very insulting. There are points to the structure of a skill tree. All RPG have them. Why do the terms tank, healer, etc… exist. Because skill tress have always been limited choosing a path. So to say it is a dumb argument to have parts of the feats not always available is historically not backed, but instead the feats are based on rpg elements that existed way before Conan. The fact we can, at very minor cost of time and resources, change our path freely is to me a win.

I quoted this part because as much as the game is awesome in my view, many a people would argue that the combat system is slightly unbalanced, as skilled players migrate to 2H or pole arms, dip and run to heal, when push comes to shove. And very fluid game Conan is not yet. Lag kills the fluidity. (But it has come a long way since MAY 2018 :slight_smile: )

And needless inconvenience is kind of redundant. You either find something an inconvenience or not. I know of no one that needs an inconvenience.

3 Likes

I haven’t played other “survival” games. I have played Dark Souls (for hundreds of hours), and that’s what Conan reminds me of (once you crank up the difficulty at least).

If you want an easier game, there are tons of mods, including ones that add feats. You don’t need to dumb it down for everyone else.

3 Likes

I think recipe costs for armor and weapons are good as is. Given that the OP is playing single player, have you considered using a mod which allows for more feat points? There are several which allow you to level past 60 for example.

2 Likes

The OP plays on ps4 apparently.

Right. I keep forgetting that you can play this game on something other than PC.

I think yellow lotus potions are adequate for people who want to make all different types of weapons and armor. I do agree however that it is annoying to have to relearn everything when you drink one.

Maybe when you learn a feat, you should be able to “lock” the feat so that you auto learn it next time you drink a yellow lotus potion. In terms of development, I think it would be feasible to have an extra lock/unlock button in the feats screen. I don’t think it is a priority at this point though.

There is also the separate feat reset potion recipe from speaking to the werewolf that gives you access to the Midnight Grove dungeon as well as the yellow lotus potion. So using that you re-assign only the feat points and not the stat points.
However the OP has stated he doesn’t want to use the yellow lotus potion to reset his feats.

He does ignore that he can learn a set of feats …craft the weapons and then use weapon repair kits to keep them maintained without the need to continue to know the feats for them … He could make a stockpile of arrows before he resets his feats.

But all this doesn’t fit with the super-easy game-mode the majority of posts advocate for (9-25 intelligent npcs to gather for him, upgrade buildings by hitting with repair hammer, a setting where all recipes,emotes,resources marked on the map for him without him needing to discover them).
I just get the impression he wants this game to be very different from what it actually is.

1 Like

It seems that the OP doesn’t have a very strong argument then. Personally I never run out of feat points, even now that I use the beast memory potion for all stat resets.
(Edit: lol we can’t even name that potion on this forum apparently)

2 Likes

Am I playing this game wrong that I don’t seem to have or understand the issue that the OP is having? Like… At the lower levels I typically save up some points just in case I need/want to make/do something, but typically running out of points isn’t an issue for me, online or in single player. ESPECIALLY in single player. If I don’t need to spend the points on something yet (like say a well) I don’t. And then I progress through the levels until I have the points to spare on it. By 60 I’m typically trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my points. Sure, I don’t have EVERYTHING, but where’s the challenge in having everything? The point of limiting your choices is in fact to -make you choose- it’s to enforce a decision to be made. Heaven forbid you have to pick between two things. Certainly it might not seem like a big deal to you right now in single player ‘Oh you can just go respec so why bother with it at all?’ But keep in mind, you’re paying for that respec by putting work into it. Secondly, it’s not so easy to do at lower levels, especially on a PVP server… and that’s kind of the point. You’re forced into making a decision about what you want to train. If you made everything easy to get, then there’s no challenge.

‘Well I don’t play pvp’ the old argument goes… So what? A lot of people do. Funcom has given you the tools to tailor your personal game experience the way you want. Either through Admin controls (Which you claim as a cheat with no challenge or honor) or through customizing server progression at the start of the game (Hint: Make XP gain higher so you get your stuff faster) or installing mods which grant you what you seek. That way, the challenge of the base game remains for everyone else while you get what you want. Win-win.

3 Likes

The lotus potion a poor excuse.

It proves we need all weapons and armors cost.

For those with points left over and in a clan ask these questions are you the builder?

Most clans have 1-2 builders.

The rest gathers.

"Lowing weapons and armors to 1 skill point each helps everyone."

Anything that makes the game easier “helps everyone,” but that does not mean it makes for a better experience. I don’t want games to be hard for the sake of being hard, either, but having to specialize puts a restriction on how much expertise an individual can have at any given time and that certainly makes sense to me.

I have no issue with the system as it exists. I wouldn’t be upset if they made it easier, either, but I don’t think that they inherently should for any of the reasons you have suggested.

"No honor. That is cheating.

By evening mentioning admin commands proves we need all weapons and armors to be reduce to 1 skill point each."

So you are advocating for the game to be made easier / more convenient, but then consider doing so yourself to be cheating? It sounds like you are operating with a flawed sense of pride/logic.

Honestly, some of the responses here seem like people who want everything to be cost-free and available to you at all points to the game. I am glad Funcom does not cater to these whims.

And for anyone complaining about re-specing, if you click over to the ‘magnifying glass’ in feats, that displays them all, you can double click on each item to purchase it. This makes the process incredibly fast and easy, and once you have done it multiple times, it becomes an incredibly minor inconvenience.

3 Likes

How exactly is the potion’s existence proof that all weapons and armor are needed? I have in fact never needed to use the potion even once. Sure I’ve never had -everything- in one playthrough, but you don’t NEED everything in one playthrough. This is a survival game. It is meant to test your ability to survive and one of the challenges of survival is making a choice. If that does not interest you, then you are playing -the wrong game-. You are literally trying to force a game to meet YOUR interests, rather than letting it be what it is intended to be.

7 Likes

100% agreed. Very well constructed post.

The idea that everything should be available at all times, or that this is inconvenient enough to drive people away, is lazy if not outright stupid.

You don’t need every sword or every ability. You certainly don’t need them all at once. There’s a minor inconvenience to achieve these things, and if the minor inconvenience is not worth it to you, then you arguably don’t really want every sword or ability.

5 Likes

Nope again. I have been in multiple big clans. Sure there are those that like to build, but in reality most people i play with are multi talented. PVP requires such to survive as a big clan. And opening the building mats, all the perks i need to create altars, and set my meta build armor/weapons has never left me without extra points left.

PVE, well most seem to be RP type players or casual players who may bounce around roles depending on their mood for the day (Respeccing may be done 2 to 3 times tops during a session). Once they set their feats, then reality is they won’t respec much (if at all as an RP player). As RP in its definition is to play a certain role. So one should not waste points on feats that are not needed for their role. Trading is an intricate part of that experience that RP players enjoy.

PVE-C, not to familiar with, but i would think during conflict time, people are prepared to jump specs as necessary. Outside of conflict time, then it is more akin to the PVE rules.
SP, again, admin can remove the potions all together.