Refuse Update 3.0

life is a travel and what is beautiful about a travel is that you can always say stop, I stop there, here or elsewhere, for a fleeting or definitive moment… :popcorn:… sinon avec du chocolat ca marche aussi…

1 Like

What troll? Can it not be a valid concern?
It is such a huge change in the game, you can be sure not everyone will like it. See, even the small patches get some people upset (some times for a valid reason, other times there are a lot of cases, when the agruments go on over pointless, invalid things), we are different.
Just because you like what you saw in the 3.0 videos, does not mean anybody else should like it.
I honestly DO NOT LIKE the attribute changes, the magic from what I’ve seen so far (it can change, but currently no. Just because it is lore-firendly in the books, comics, does not mean it will fit into the game, these are two different things.

@Multigun if you are referring to me too, I directly said I will stop updating the mods too, so that won’t cause problems. Will I miss the new features/fixes mod updates add? Sure, but that is way less of a problem for me than the look of the 3.0. Will I whine about it? NO, because I decided that way. I like the game and the mods I use as they are now, I will be totally OK with it, if the game and the mods stop being updated.
If I ever will have a problem that I realllllly can’t take, I will a) stop playing, b) update the game if neccessary.

I do not demand anything from Funcom, for example add official servers with older versions of the game, that’s so big of a work, it is pointless and stupid. But having no option for private servers/co-op players to have the option to choose between the new and latest is a bit saddening. I mean, sure there are options for that, that’s why I asked @DaVice about it, because I am not aware of these LEGAL methods.

I am pretty sure that this is impossible on Playstation! Once I was playing in a server that the admin was very “smart”. So he managed to run his server without the horse update… However, nobody was able to connect to his server. The ones who didn’t do the update couldn’t play online, the others couldn’t connect, so he finally did the update and everything came to normal. The “damage” from this decision was to loose 40% of the population of the server. They started somewhere else and quit this one.
Private servers are really difficult to be populated and very easy to stay empty, very easy.

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much. And in every game too. Even if it’s only bug fixes for things that are clearly and unquestionably broken, there’s always somebody who insists that the next big update is going to ruin the game and wants a way to stay on the old version.

Still, sometimes it’s not just fear of change or pining for the old days. Sometimes a big change really will be more detrimental than beneficial. Of course, in most of those cases, there’s some indication that there’s going to be a problem because there will be a lot more than just a handful of people talking about it.

1 Like

Dude hasn’t even played the update, yet says he doesn’t like it. What a joke!

2 Likes

I suspect it it’s something to do with the upcoming battlepass system that a lot of players seem to be against.

Which is fine, but I fail to understand why they can’t just ignore it. Don’t want to do the BP stuff? Then don’t…

1 Like

Yeah, that’s just one of the many things wrong with the walled-garden approach that consoles have. Honestly, if it wasn’t for the exclusives, I probably wouldn’t have any consoles. And I find myself caring less and less for exclusives as time goes on.

1 Like

I can understand why. There will be new stuff I’ll want to “own”, but it won’t be something I can just buy. Instead, it’ll require me to do something in the game, within a certain time frame. If I don’t have enough time to do that – maybe I had a long period of crunch time at work or I was sick or whatever – I won’t be able to get that content. Not even if I would gladly pay for it.

This is the “FOMO” people (not you personally) scoff at, and I’ve stayed silent about it so far, but I’m a bit saddened by their lack of empathy. Some people are treating FOMO like it was some kind of a mental disorder. Even if it was, people with mental disorders deserve empathy at the very least, but in this case it’s not. It’s simply awareness of how life might intrude and disagreement with how cases like that will be handled.

I didn’t participate in the Grave Matters, so I don’t have some stuff. I don’t mind it terribly, even though some of it looks neat, because it’s just a handful of stuff. But if a whole DLC’s worth of stuff passed me by like that, without the chance to ever acquire it, then yes, it would bother me.

Another example: I bought every DLC the day it came out, except for Nemedian. I waited for months before I decided to buy the Nemedian DLC, not because I didn’t like the DLC, but because I wasn’t sure I was going to keep investing that much time in the game. But then the game pulled me back in and I don’t regret buying the DLC. If it had been available for a limited time, I might have spent money on it to avoid potentially missing out, because I can afford wasting $10. But if it had been available for a limited time only through playing, then I might have missed out on it completely, because my free time tends to be more valuable to me than those $10.

I hope that answers why BP is not viewed favorably by some people.

1 Like

Ironically, by not updating the game you’d be missing out on all the free, not-timelocked content being added. So you’d be saving yourself cosmetic FOMO by generating a self-enforced FOMO over all the other new content, and not being able to play online anymore.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. Like I said, I don’t find staying pre-3.0 useful in any way.

…and a bit premature. The attribute redo alone is going to make it worthwhile IMHO.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.