Release the white dye!

So building or killing more than one per time tick is futile to raise the bar further, right?

Correct. Each player can contribute a given activity toward the clan’s purge meter progress only once per “timer tick”. So 5 people each killing a different NPC would be 5 completions, but 1 person killing 5 would only be a single completion.

So if your focus is on grinding purge (as mine has been), then the most efficient way would be to ensure you kill an NPC, and place one each of T1, T2, and T3 every 15 minutes. (If on a PvP then you could add killing a human to that as well.)

1 Like

Wow, that means of 11 hours of constant exactly timed playing to get a purge triggered as a solitary player. Well, CE always was a grind fest!

Yeah a bit too demanding and regimented for me to do straight thru. Best I’ve been able to manage is a 2-day turn-around. Sadly neither of those purges contained alchemists. Hoping maybe the third time (since I specifically started trying to grind purge) will be the charm.

I’ve long supported removing exclusive abilities from purge thralls. Purges don’t work well, are nearly impossible to trigger solo, you have to be built in certain spots, getting certain purges and manage to knock the thrall out before it’s killed.

In other words it’s absurd. If you don’t want to make white dye craftable with a regular T4, at least make it lootable. 1200 hours in the game and I’ve seen one purge BS and no alchy. That’s a bit ridiculous.

1 Like

same i have 1200+hr gameplay now, never had purge alchemist pvp and pve official server

@Saxons and @Tuffman you guys are just on the unlucky end of the purge thralls. Have you tried moving to a different location.

I’d rather keep the purge dyes craftable only with the purge thralls.

You realize how ridiculous it is to be required to have a base in a particular area, right? Sure, let me just piece by piece disassemble the thousands of building pieces I have elsewhere so that only my place in the desert is left in hopes that the purge will work.

Pump the brakes big shoots, not saying that you should dismantle your base. Build an Outpost in another region, the purge will randomly hit one of your locations increasing the luck of purge thralls.

My clan has several bases across the map, ranging from highlands, to Sep city.

It’s kinda like playing the lottery, the more you have the higher the chances of winning.

I have bases/outposts in every biome of the map, and I know exactly how the purge works. I’m glad you have an active clan that gets purged regularly. Do you realize the sheer amount of time it takes to even trigger a purge as a solo player? I spent almost an entire weekend in game recently, actively play, my purge meter barely hit the halfway mark. Couldnt log in the next day and it was basically zeroed out. Of the purges I’ve gotten, every single one of them has hit my base by bridge of the betrayer. Every single one of them. The game mechanic is garbage, and I don’t really care if you want to keep white/black dye crafting the way it is. They’ve already made Legendary Repair Kits consistently obtainable, and I hope they very soon do the same with black and white dye.

1 Like

You have to fight the unnamed city bosses for the drops in the first place. The only alchemist that can make the dyes is a purge thrall. It is more of a reward for people who survive the purge and a great incentive to go defend the base in person.

That’s fine, they can make the Unnamed city bosses drop black and white dye too. I’ve already outlined the problems with obtaining purge thralls, and I don’t care explain them again. You have a purge alchemist and are happy to hoard your ability to craft the dye. That doesn’t mean that’s whats best for the game or the player base.

I think it’s a lousy mechanic in the first place and it’s poorly executed to boot. The only incentive you need to for a purge is not having your stuff torn apart.

1 Like

i have to thank you again Larathiel i got my meter full in 3 days,
But my purge still the same not rewarding for the efforts.

i got tanners again and for the first time i got a cook and lisa as usual.

look what i did to my backyard XD

Converting t4 thrall is the only problem captain always get taken by someone :smile:

1 Like

Glad that helped you to get a purge more quickly. I think part of the problem is a big that’s been identified where players always get the same purge. I say this because there’s a fix for the very same issue mentioned in yesterday’s testlive patch notes. :sweat_smile:

Sooo yeeaah, we may have to wait a bit longer I guess before being able to get something different. But hey, at least that gives us time to clean up all the foundation spam in our backyards. :laughing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.