Religion exclusivity and Jhebbal Sag

Your current theory is perhaps the one that makes the most sense. The rest is just typical game logic.

Sigh…

1 Like

Picking Crom from the religion list makes it technically a religion. If it wasn’t, it wouldn’t be in that list. It’s just the worst one of them all.

Edit:

If you want a deep dive to religions and atheism, sadly this isn’t the place to do that.

1 Like

I think the bracelets put you intona dream state. We are actually in the physical world where we are or were. But we got magic braceletes put on as a time out.

Nothing is real. If you look at the celestial bodies in the sky they dont move right. They actually move in the wrong direction.

Its all Total Recall :wink: - also another Arnold S. Movie.

2 Likes

Good movie by the way. It’s all happening… AGAIN!! :joy:

1 Like

This honestly makes me think a lot about the whole concept of Jhebbal Sag and I absolutely love this reply I appreciate the detail you go through to explain this. You will literally have me going back in there trying find hidden crap now that I know isn’t there. Lol this is a really awesome way of thinking. Blew my mind.

1 Like

Also the reason I even suggested this as a server setting that can be a optional feature is because there are actually RP servers and while I love survival games with creation elements I also like to RP to a slight extent on a PvP server even if it’s not what others want I like the added challenge of not being coming instantly godly or having massive religious benefits so everyone is different not all a carbon copy that each person has there own unique play style forcing someone who attacks a group of set players to need something to fight back against poison, anyone who attacks Mitra players early on has to fight early game superior healing. This is a personal choice a if added as a server setting not forcing you or anyone in to something that will cause them issues such as the food system was removed it caused problems it was a RP elements and yet a survival element yet people hated it because it wasn’t something they wanted to do everytime but now unintentionally caused all PvE/PvC servers problems which could have been avoided if Funcom didn’t remove it rather make it a server setting that can be turned off and on, all of which would not have caused great problems on official servers and for some private ones.

What’s more of a sandbox than creating your own religion. You’re not led to do anything. What you do becomes. You yourself surface the god from the environment.

Don’t underestimate puddles. Deity of reflection and plagues resides in them. :wink:

So you say you didn’t pick your religion based on how attractive it felt? That the attraction didn’t make you pick it? I doubt it. What I mean by this is that while it may not nudge you to behave in some ways, it will emphasise the behaviour you’re in search for from the environment to begin with. I chose Derketo due the vibe I got coz I was after that in the first place and I didn’t know it at that point yet.

The issue is that there’s nothing in between the character creation cross and cultivating a religion, other than utilising the platform and the weapon that comes from it. I feel like it’s not enough to really have the feature shine.

I’d love to have a server setting for this. :yum:

1 Like

Creating your own religion comes from you and your interpretation of the given environment, not a path laid out to you. Then again we all follow the trails coded in this game so if you don’t like how the environment in the game works already, why aren’t you criticising it? I’m criticising some of its features because I find them less of a believable sandbox features and more of unnecessarily forcing features.

Were you blindfolded or what method of randomised generation did you utilised to pick one? You did read them thorough though, yes?

You say this because you had the predetermined idea of it or did you arrive to the conclusion by reading about them?

I take it that by “the same” you mean character builds. Do you know why they chose to address this specific notion in relation to the specific variable known as penalty? I feel like there’s something missing here or was the penalty part your interpretation of what they said? Is there a video of it somewhere? One would help a lot. Any keywords I could use for YouTube? I assume one can be found from YouTube.

Yes, absolutely. Sure, but this ain’t the issue. To get the same results, one doesn’t always necessitate same options to be taken. Sometimes we get same results even if we do seemingly different choices and sometimes the seemingly same options yield different results due spacetime. No one is arguing that the religions should change (the pool that is). It’s how they are produced that rubs some of us the other way and I think, like some of us, it wouldn’t hurt to let us discover them ourselves optionally thorough our actions.

Sure. Absolutely.

Atheism is (technically) a religious belief. It is the belief that there is nothing. If you where playing a real life simulator and it asked you to pick your characters religion, Atheism would be an option. All Conan Exiles is doing is changing the name from Atheism to Crom.

While @SabunoHakia has their own ideas about the topic, what I meant that none of us want to make a feature too good that it puts other features to its shadow. Like the section you pointed out, SabunoHakia there also pointed out why religions don’t matter that much and that they feel like it would be great for the religions (and therefore good to us) to adopt some personality without being punishing or overpowered. This is my interpretation based on feedback. I tend to agree which is why I made my suggestion too.

The reason I asked a video is because I prefer to hear the devs themselves mention what’s been repeated here and then compare the findings; it’s about samples. I want to know in what situation they said, what they said, with what words and terms they used et cetera. A recording would help tremendously here.

META is where the endgame is. The way you put it, Funcom didn’t want religion to become part of the endgame so by that variable, and how religions currently behave, they shouldn’t make it to the meta (i.e. they are rarely ever used). I assume that PvP is the endgame here when it comes to PvP servers and building is the endgame when it comes to the PvE servers. I do my own private server so I’m not exactly interested how the official servers work, but I sometimes find something that we all share and thus the questions. However, back to the question; you indeed had a predetermined idea of the religions so that influenced your choice (thorough intuition), which explains why you were able to make a quick pick.

The reason I asked if you had a blindfold is because I didn’t know if you had a predetermined idea about religions or not. If you didn’t, then this would have been an efficient way to make a choice and not be influenced by what you would have seen on the screen. You could have used a die too and roll it to define an outcome or some cards; have someone else shuffle them behind their back and then have you pick one of the cards having their faces down. The result would have determined which religion to pick. If you didn’t have a predetermined idea nor a method, then there’s a chance that you may be attracted to them in some ways and the one pleasing the most wins the draw. This would imply that you are in fact influenced by what you recognise on the screen, at that moment due past experiences, and that it affected your choice at least as much as to make sure you know which religion to pick up this morning (the way you pick socks). Depends on what socks you have though. For example if they are all blue and the same patterns exist in all of them, then this may suggest how similar you take the religions as (which isn’t the case, if I’m correct). If you have different coloured socks with different patterns on them, this would be somewhat of an equivalent that we aim at here.

In other words, the current religions are like those boring blue socks (figuratively). Each day the same colour and pattern, even though the pair is different. Why not make each pair have a little colour and pattern variations? They still stay as socks and will always be used as socks.

I don’t know what “boorish” means yet.

We all follow trails every moment (sensory system). What I meant is that following trails is not a bad thing. That comes with the package no matter if it’s our planet Earth we’re talking about or some economic bubble ready to burst or a video game. You may follow a trail that doesn’t feel suspicious to you. That’s okay too.

Incorrect. Atheism and religion of Crom aren’t mutually equivalent nor equal necessarily, even though they may seem to have a similar result.

Merely changing the name to Crom would mean that there’s no Crom the deity, but a bunch of “cromists” who believe in no deities. Of course this is not why the followers of Crom picks it for.

True. It would also have all kinds of other religions available as well.

This is why the religion of Crom isn’t equivalent. If Atheism states there are no deities, then there’s no Crom either coz Crom is a recognised deity. The religion having the deity’s name in it is already enough to dispute the claim.

This is why it’s amongst the list.

Skimmed through maybe 1/4 of all that’s been said since I was last here.

@Fable, you gotta let up on the rules lawyer stuff. A lot of the time your replies get way too complex and technical. Highly complex mechanics typically aren’t fun for the majority of gamers.

1 Like

I disagree as @Fable gives his reasoning behind the thought process, this is actually good because it’s very constructive and allows others to think about the subject in a different way than one would other wise

While he does sound like a lawyer perhaps he is? Who knows for sure but he has changed my stance on a few things (I am stubborn) because I understood his explanation while long winded sure he took the the time to provide a detailed explanation and suggestion in some cases.

(I think I may need to re-read this later I am half asleep I am not sure I may have repeated my self a few times, I’ll make edits later)

Point is all forms of communication is progress, progress provides ideas and ideas turn to creativity and creativity turns to reality.

1 Like

@Crysis I am trying to be as thorough as I can so I don’t need to repeat myself as often or explain the same things in multiple replies over and over again. I also try to make them as simple as reasonably possible, but sometimes things just fly under the radar.

Partially this is because I’m designing my own game and it is the utmost necessity to be as technical as I can so that it behaves the exact way I need it to. While the engine under the hood is complex as hell, the vehicle reflects smooth motion to the driver.

It’s all about the pace. With high complex mechanics, the approach speed and directions need to be hospitable. Sometimes the complexity isn’t as intricate as it sounds. People just think they are, until they connect the dots the right way.

@SabunoHakia I’m not a lawyer by trade or a licensed one. I’m a customer support person by trade with a keen drive to understand cosmos (to me it’s a relatively small place of existence and our planet is smaller). If you have an issue, I’ll fix you up with a solution. :smile:

1 Like

It’s not so good when it becomes so complex and tangled that people just skim or don’t read his replies because of it, wouldn’t you say?

1 Like

It’s not you, it’s me. I was merely pondering, but I stopped already.

Most Efficient Tools Available, yes, I know. I’ve never heard anyone to call it a lazy route before though. Pretty inconsiderate of you, don’t you think? Coz they do explore the options, in their own way, and will discover the best gear and strategy, from a different platform, but still get it all by actually playing in case they still decide to pick the game up and play it. They just take the most practical route that they can think when it comes to their style (and investment).

Each game has an endgame. That’s where the players gather in the end, after a while. Usually when a meta gets formed coz that’s where meta is used at. The thing is that the size of the area isn’t necessarily set in stone, so we get all kinds of fields.

The only (imo, interesting enough) way to help us have (and attain) interest toward different gear, religion, race and so forth is to make them flexible enough to one another. What Funcom did was the opposite; to merely give us empty templates, which is simply something you don’t have to balance out coz there are no variables to begin with (other than cosmetic). Religion is perhaps the only field here that has something to balance, but even all these feel the same. I’d actually argue that this is worse situation to be at than amongst balancing variables. If there’s nothing to balance out or further to code for me, I wouldn’t have a job anymore. Not that we should intentionally code bugs to our products though.

I get that a lot. People usually misunderstand me being rude or having bad manners coz they don’t know me enough. They think of me like I was this annoying next door neighbour they have, even though we can be at different continents altogether. We rarely consider people to have different backgrounds due the common languages we utilise while online et cetera (makes us feel like we are one and the same people, even though technically we aren’t), so yeah that’s probably one of the reasons. This is why I usually don’t stress so much when talking to people online (coz some will inevitably make the mistake) and also why I don’t tell them how rude I assume them to be coz it would be a waste of time. I’d prefer to ask questions instead, to proceed whatever it is that we are talking and so forth.

I don’t think you have an issue here (I know I haven’t). It’s just a misunderstanding. You do you. :+1:t2:

I agree about that but at the same time I believe if your on a forum about the game and replying to subject matter the topic obviously means enough for one to reply so one should take the time to read the rebuttal from the community member. But everyone has a different perspective and all is good when it furthers the video game for the better.

1 Like

Exactly.

Those individuals pick the route though. So if you are condescending the route they utilise, in this specific way, you’re being inconsiderate of them. You’re giving the impression that taking or giving meta advice shouldn’t happen.

It’s not the question of whether we disagree or agree. They both happen even if we didn’t heed them knowingly. That’s part of the nature in each game, especially fathomable with those that have deeper competitive complexes involved.

What I’m simply implying is that these two terms cannot exist without the other and they both form as the other is experienced, no matter how big each of them are. No one is required to give advices to others, but it still happens. No one is required to take advices from others, but that still happens too.

I’m not against at balanced gameplay. No one argued against this, I wager. However, this isn’t the point of difference we talk about (balance). It isn’t about making a difference in meta, i.e. to bring these weapons into the endgame. True point of difference is to have each of them be imbued of flavour making each worthy of our time; to make our taste matter instead.

This would still be the case. If anyone wanted to “collect them all”, they would be able to do so. Usually we don’t see anyone running around with multiple religious beliefs, especially contradictive ones, so this is probably why it’s hard for some people to grasp this idea of having a collection of them.

It’s not if, but when. In case a player decides to do them all however, then it’s about an if. We are bound to have at least one religion under our belt to begin with, so that nullifies the “if” part here (if I understood you correctly). However, what would be great for me is to have options that really attract me, beyond the given relatively vague images.

Otherwise there would be no choices, yes, true. There are two things to consider about:

• similar variables

• too similar variables
    Correct me if this isn’t true, but if it doesn’t matter which religion we utilise, we might as well utilise only one and the same. (What is the religion that gets selected the most and why?)

• different variables

• too different variables
    Reason why we don’t utilise one and the same is because they make a difference in taste (not advantage necessarily). Point is that it wouldn’t hurt to expand this taste variable coz they feel way too similar in the end. (What is the least picked religion and why?)