Remove Player List

Removing the player list won’t stop people from knowing whether a clan’s players are offline or not. The in game list is secondary to BattleMetrics, a service which lets you know what users are currently connected to a server. If you play through Steam, you can also check server status and current players (and activate auto-retry join if it’s full) directly through Steam.

Get a list of the enemy clan’s gamertags > Check BattleMetrics (or Steam directly) for whether they are online or not > Raid them offline

There was a period of about two years where there was no in-game player list, and yet offline raiding was still pervasive.

Removing the player list will not resolve the core issue. The core issue is offline raiding.

@JustHorse you’re an authority on this game, you should know this as well.

3 Likes

Would be nice if they hide all Steam ID. And steam overlay players list too.
So they will be able to disable a player list completely.

But this is not gonna happen anyway.
Since in UE4 if Steam API is integrated you can’t disable functions inside it. (As far as I know)

I still agree that players list help the offline raids.
Also, clan tags on the buildings, help too.

But let’s imagine that the player list is disabled and you can’t check a building owner with a repair hammer.
Looks more challenging now?
For a big clan, there is no difference.
For small and medium this will make their life a lot harder.

There will be no changes but well we can discuss this topic why not!

3 Likes

I don’t know if there wont be changes. I mean we’ve all been getting those “changes to our user policy” emails the past 2 weeks from nearly every game and social media company because of privacy issues and tightening up on it.

It’s important for balance and disclosure. I picked a fight with our server troll, and while he exposed his profile for a brief interval to me, the entire server was able to view his VAC bans. In the past, only the “no-lifers” (sorry, I include myself in that lol) would run BM like @TwinCrows says, and only the hardcore would run the Steam Game Info screen stretched all the way to the bottom. The Player Log applies much-needed countermeasures to the newcomers or single-screen players.

2 Likes