Removed the feeding system npc and pets?

I would like someone responsible for funcom to tell me the reason why the need to feed the npc and pets has been eliminated?
Is it due to a technical problem?
Is it due to a programming failure?
Is it due to the increase in players crying because the difficulty is increased?
One thing I have clear, if it is a problem of lag or performance of the servers should also control the mega bases, the use of vault, temples and foundations that toxic players are dedicated to place them to damage the game.
the use of the feeding system favorably limited the use of npc and pets.
I find it inappropriate for a company that has marketed a game in multiple languages ​​to only make videos and publish news and events in a single language (English). In addition to not responding in the forum, or making official communications to problems or changes.

1 Like

They did announce that they were making the feeding system optional.

English is pretty well established worldwide as a lingua franca and many countries teach it as a second language. Still not super fair to those who don’t read or speak it, but I imagine that using something that enough people are going to understand is a lot cheaper and easier than trying to accurately translate every announcement they make into a half dozen other languages.

2 Likes

I would not like it back it just not a good past time for me but you can throw down those pots and continue feeding them if you wish to do that

I completely agree, I hate seeing bases with hundreds of thralls and pets, feeding them should be a thing, and I would go even further and say they should only eat their favorite food, would also make some pets useful as food :slight_smile:

1 Like

But the people running those megabases probably do care, and their opinion is as valid as yours.

2 Likes

You spend a lot of time building up such a base and a big clan has a right to have a big base.
After all, they spend many days building a base.

In the slogan of FC is indeed Build and not mini Buildings.
Kapoteeni is right.

1 Like

I agree a clan with a good amount of members will need a megabase for the space each member needs

Hey @Anunbs

The removal of the feeding system was announced back in March, when it came into effect.
Reasons were mostly due to the technical strain this system would cause on populated servers and how limited and easy to “game” it would be in many occasions (giant honey and steak pots, anyone?), rendering it pointless past a certain resource threshold.

We do also communicate on the forums as much as we can and many threads about this removal have been addressed multiple times over the last few months.

We do localize blog posts and while it would be ideal to be able to localize everything we post and publish, we unfortunately do not have the manpower to do so. We settled for English as it is the most established lingua franca (@BoogerParty, stealing those words from you!) even though we’re a multicultural team coming from many different backgrounds and most of us are not native English speakers.
We do apologize if that is an inconvenience but we settled for the most practical solution given the available resources.

3 Likes

I am more amazed about some answers here…

Getting the food system back, does how remove big bases? Oh, right, it doesnt :smiley:
Losing thralls after 24-48 hours?
Are you even playing the game? Are you upset that people who invest time, have big bases and many thralls?

And yeah, my thought was also it was because of performance… Because the thralls were sometimes going to this pots -> shortest path calculation for an army of thralls will be bad for server performance.

1 Like

Nothing to say against that :slight_smile:

Light sources and Aqualonian dlc elements are also not good…(at least for PS4).

Also the thralls arent static If you are not from the same clan, they will run to you…

Build same fancy Aqualonian DLC building and put different lightsources all around the base.

At least in my base, my PS4pro turns into a Jet engine when I am at the Aqualonian floor (where there are also many lamps). No thrall needed :wink:

One thing that might be done in addition to the above, is delink the decay system between structures and thrall pots. The result should be players with large bases worth lots of thrall pots visiting all of them instead of logging in for just a couple of minutes.

It is logical but my language is as widespread as English. The Spanish

While you’re correct that there are more Mandarin speakers in the world. As a percentage of the earth’s population, more people speak/understand English, though not necessarily as their first language.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.