Report Meta: Is funcom trying to stealth wipe official servers?

I hope they don’t ban me here, because i have nowhere to go to be heard.
Zendesk doesen’t work, private messages to admins here neither.
Zendesk is always the same (we can’t give more details and we won’t lift the ban or return anything).

This is getting ridiculous, how much longer will this keep happening?
and when the new monetization starts, will you still risk losing paying players even though you have done absolutely NOTHING wrong?

Yesterday (26-07-2022) the admin of an official conan exiles server completely deleted my base.

Today (2022-07-27) me and my entire clan were banned for “abusive build”, 3 days after some players entered the server and started cursing us.

A simple base made at the great dam (one of the smallest pvp spots in the game).

****** Even infinitely smaller than the bases they show in their advertisements. ********

Please funcom, be consistent. you are dealing with consumers. There are hours and more hours spent in a game for everything to be lost in a senseless way. we are people who have lives and like to play the game you’ve made. Official servers are the common ground and the entrance for new players.
I saw newbies with T1 buildings being wiped by admins, i saw people getting banned because they were laggy and a lot of bases fall because of something we don’t know what is.

We read the rules at least 100 times and there was absolutely NOTHING breaking them.

(141) Conan exiles - Base statement (video without audio) - YouTube

You can see on the video that there’s “no content” block, nor claiim spam.
And here is their response.

1 Like

I’m sorry, is this you? :point_down:

It sure looks like you.

yes. but this was another person’s topic.

Man. we just want to play the game. we didn’t make anything wrong.
We farm, we try to buid as small as we can, but no matter what you do, if someone report you, it’s over.

Does this mean 3 simple thralls that are readily available in many other camps in the area is considered content?

Were getting awfully close to rocks and trees arent we?

1 Like

That’s not my point.

Okay, let me help you understand:

No, we aren’t. You can keep pretending we are, though.

2 Likes

you must be kidding… i said that we block a camp, but i don’t even remember if we really blocked it.
a camp with 3 common npcs and because of this all our base got wiped (2 to 4 monthes of work) ???
why don’t they make places like this impossible to build?

this is really really weird.
and zendesk don’t give us a proper answer about what really banned us, the place, the camp or whatever as well as they don’t give a warning.
we could remade our base, brake the thing that was getting in the way.

1 Like

Im not pretending anything. The old conversation was that some resources are so common that trees and rocks dont matter. Rare resources are different.

Thralls that are a dime a dozen, with an insignificant legendary spawn rate falls into common resources, since you no longer need a specific thrall for specific weapons/armors. Before the crafting specialization rework, thrall spawns were significantly more valuable. Now? No.

Thralls = trees in terms of content.

Also, could you explain the second half of ridiquebr’s ban, the part you didnt circle, that states “claim spam”. Please watch their video and reply, Id like to hear your opinion on it.

1 Like

I was reading the rules again, and even where they talk about blocking content, follow as this:

• Blocking of content in the game, such as dungeons, obelisks, resources and other areas of the game.
    They don’t mention thrall camps and if we take this literally, we can’t even block rocks and tree spawns (btw this rule makes explicit about stone and wood, but not about thralls).

Official server building restrictions

Please remember that there are other players sharing the server with you. Restricting others’ access to content is not allowed beyond of course grabbing a spot for your base. If you wish to reign supreme on the map and hog all the resources and enemies, please consider single player or setting up your own server, or - in the case of PvP servers - play fair.

Some specific cases where we will act when made aware:

• Blocking of content in the game, such as dungeons, obelisks, resources and other areas of the game.

So, when I got banned soon after the 11/21 ToS update, I moved to a private server. Because I do not find official servers conducive to my joy.

Official server are what they are. Private servers are a different animal. For me, it was an easy decision. I love the game, I choose not to deal with the official server environment, so I spun up an Exiled and Siptah server and have had fun every day.

I highly recommend it.

But, and this is critical, stop blaming admin. They are implementing a policy. They did not create or dictate the policy, Blaming admins is, at best, misguided,

2 Likes

This, is the endgame.

1 Like

unknown

3 Likes

This is so wrong my friend…

they are the ones to blame, yes.
It’s ok to want and to implement a policy, but you have to have the feeling to know to what extent it is being more harmful than beneficial.
This affects the lives of people/consumers, it impacts the company’s image.

And it is not possible that they are not seeing what is happening with so many people complaining.
From close friends and known enemies alone I can easily count around 800 bans that I am aware of (each ban equals 1 player/account).

And sorry, I’ve had experience in private servers, i didn’t adapt to that style of play.
Constant wipes, sometimes pay to win, some servers shut down after a while and sometimes admin abuses and undue favors also happen.

Official servers are neutral territories where you can fight knowing that in “theory” they are dealing with the same strength and possibilities, without favors. But obviously that’s my point of view and style of play, nothing against yours.

btw, do you play on official server? if so, what server? do you mind to tell this?

but back to the point.
Icechasm base. It’s been a base spot since i don’t know when. but there are some rocks and flowers that spawns inside it, so is it bannable?
if you build almost anywhere in the jungle you are going to kill a resource spot.
If you build near water, you might kill rock thaat spawns on the water.
Even near serpemeru where we have some desertic open areas, there are branches or small rocks spawns.

No, they’re not.

If you can’t see a difference between an NPC camp and a rock, that’s your problem. Same goes for @Nemisis and every other forum user who thinks that kind of intellectual dishonesty is clever.

Yep. I’m on PVE-C 1823. My base is in the bottom-right corner of C7, right outside the Unnamed City, where you can see 7 T3 shrines in a tight cluster on the map.

Feel free to go and report it, I know you’re dying to. That way we can put your theories to test :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Humm… i would not reccommend giving this information…

as for the thread, i think they do.
they want to keep closing official servers so people pay their own servers.
maybe this will change with the upcoming battle pass…

1 Like

You must be really awesome.

“If you can’t see a difference between an NPC camp and a rock, that’s your problem. Same goes for @Nemisis and every other forum user who thinks that kind of intellectual dishonesty is clever.”

Rules goes as:

you’re just reinforcing what I said by saying that features are different from thrall camps. i can’t see no thrall camp reference here. but i see resources and we can imply that branches, rocks, trees and everything else fits here. that’s it.
it’s even funny how you try to pass yourself off as smarter and more knowledgeable. lol

Why not? Don’t you think I should “put my money where my mouth is”? Shouldn’t I get banned if I broke the rules? And if I get wrongfully banned, wouldn’t that prove their point about the so-called “ban meta”?

Besides, what’s the absolute worst case that could come out of this? Suppose I get not only a suspension, but a permaban for some reason, and I can’t play on officials ever. Suppose, furthermore, that I don’t want to move to the private servers. All that would come out of that is that I suddenly have more free time to devote to other stuff. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Fair, but bear in mind that pvp is a different story because not only you need to have certain structures you also need to protect it.
i don’t know if your base is bannable, i did not see it, and i certainly will not be the one who is going to report it because i uninstalled until patch day. (need the space xD)

but from my experience, any report will result in an ban, or maybe you are lucky and the admin who reviews it (if someone reports) feels like you are ok but that will only prove the inconsistency in how the rules are handled.

Point being, there may be a huge discrepancy in how pvp bases are handled opposed to pve.
so is not really a fair comparison.

1 Like

Once upon a time I myself had to do this. It’s a tough road, but The Mage can handle it.

I thought @Ethel was kindly worried about PvE trolls descending on you. In either case, you got this.

That includes a book, an emote, and even a thrall. Game content.

I’m not trying to be rude, but when I build, I always take into consideration the despawning of stuff. In fact, I’ll even go out of my way to preserve rocks and trees if possible by clever enginerding. My way may be extreme, but consideration is what Funcom is trying to cultivate.

3 Likes

when we see something wrong in our life, we should go after it to correct it or try to improve it.
I like the game, I would like to continue playing as well as my friends and we are seeing that something very wrong has happened and that it is not exclusive to me or my group.

So the first step is to try to expose the problem so that they have feedback.

And don’t welcome anything and cry in the corner.
It doesn’t have to be offensive like you sometimes do, it doesn’t have to blindly follow sides.
Just analyze the data and you will see that there are strange things happening.