Returning player and a few complaints sadly

Its still in the top 0.25% of games played on Steam, I think we’re fine.

1 Like

LMAO!!! Good one.

I forgot to mention in a previous comment that you’re not imagining the heating issues. This is the only game I own that heats up my high end system. All my other games, some of which are resource hogs, run cool to lukewarm. I can’t even imagine why this game puts such stress on higher end equipment. That’s why I rarely play this game. Mostly I just play when they put out patches to see if they fixed anything.

Its alot to load of player made stuffs, its plenty of blocks in a house. EVE online (atleast for its time) is the only other game that come Close to sandbox Buildings.

I’ve noticed my first GPU is running hotter than normal on idle at 56C and my second one runs at 36C. When I first got my PC two years ago, they idled at about 26C, so would that be power supply?

sure. [EDIT]
windows 8
i7 6th
16 gig ram ddr3
h110mc-d3 board
ge force 1070 8 vram 4k and vr ready NOT OVERCLOCKED, placed this in case someone wants to say soemthing about it.
Antec GX500 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with 7 fans
27 inch screen 1920x1080 and if i want better image i can switch to my 43 inch 4k screen.
power supply EVGA 850 BQ, 80+ BRONZE 850W
anything you want to know? i can run any game at any setting exepts this one.

read my previous comment and lets say that antec towers have alot of ventilation

Shows Conan Exiles in the top 100 played of Steam and has been in that list since launch. There is over 40,000 games on steam. Top 100 is top 0.25%. Simple math gives you the values.

As was discussed earlier in the thread, it could very well be the power supply.

One issue I had about 11 years ago was I had a 550W PSU with 2 GTX8800s in a SLI setup. No issue until I tried to play Fallout 3 in certain areas and it actually utilized both cards. System would reboot in that case. Took one 8800 out and it worked fine.

Upgraded the PSU to a 1000W PSU and that fixed the issue.

But if you’re having a heat issue. Which component is actually overheating? If the CPU is overheating, then you may need to reseat the heatsink. If its the GPU you may consider an RMA if under warranty.

2 Likes

Not if you’re running a crossfire configuration supporting multiple cards (GPUs) in potentially adjoining slots.

The primary in SLI/Crossfire nearly always takes more wattage, and will usually run hotter. 10C is pretty normal. 20C may be telling you there’s a cooling issue that either relates to the GPU’s on-board fan(s), or the stuffiness of your case with two GPUs. 56C is pretty safe; when I push Conan Exiles to its absolute beautiful max on my laptop (960M), I target 80C+ as my max temp. (I’m not endorsing that behavior, brother’s gotta push the limits sometimes.)

My general rule is if you know your PC is 2+ years old and you’ve never changed the PSU (and were not given a warranty card on the Power Supply among your PC welcome packet), think about doing it soon. Many power supply brands have online configurators to ensure you meet the wattage requirements, and it’s considerably easier to do this preventatively – and cheaper than having to run out to buy a less-ideal replacement at local store markups. /soapbox :smiley:

ETA: After a quick peek at my favorite aftermarket PC vendor, there are 432 SLI/Crossfire-specific PSUs and PSU accessories for sale. As @Taemien says, make sure you’re up to spec.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve been thinking about upgrading anyway since my PSU can’t handle OCing my CPU at all basically. lol

I bought a prebuilt alienware PC so they might have skimped on the PSU(I didn’t want to risk messing something up with my first PC).

1 Like

I understand what you’re getting at, but I think you’re just a little off in your calculations. Let’s do some simple math then, shall we?
Most of the games on Steam are very outdated and a very large number of them are very poorly made games. Many of the “good old” games don’t get played anymore. In fact, out of all the games on Steam, did you know that 36.9% of them have never even been played at all?
Out of between 15 and 16 million current players on Steam, less than 10,000 play Conan Exiles.
You’re quite right…Conan Exiles is in the top 100 of games that are being played on Steam. In fact, it currently sits at number 66. If you attach a grade to that, 66 out of 100 is in the lower 35% of the class and gets a “D”. It’ll graduate, but will have a hard time finding a good job. :wink: :smiley:
Hardly bragging rights considering the game was released less than a year ago and has already lost tens of thousands of players, wouldn’t you say?
They did well is sales…over a millions copies if I’m not mistaken, but upkeep of the game and retention of players has failed. Considering the current state of the game almost 9 months post release, I doubt if Funcom is scrambling to make things right for their customers.
In my opinion, the only reason CE has anyone playing at all at this point is because it’s a great concept with loads of potential and those players are sticking around in hopes that Funcom gets the game in good order. Me…I’m not holding my breath based on Funcom’s track record…but I hope they do.
We’ll see how these numbers hold up when the likes of Dying Light 2 or Cyberpunk 2077 are released. I’m guessing another major drop off for CE.

1 Like

That sounds like some serious bad luck with the parts you got.

How old was your friend’s machine when the PSU went bad?

And about a new PSU, would I be better off going conservative and getting a 1200W unit or should I make it future proof and go with a 1600W? The 1600W is double the price, and that might go to waste if I replace it in 2 years.

thats where the issue is. i play fo3 & fo 4, skyrim remastered, eso 3 accounts at max settings, EQ @18 clients max setting ark 7 days to die ff14 max setting and my pc isnt doing any sound, othe than one from the fans normally playing…but conan… the pc sounds like someone shoved a 6 pack of nitrous oxyde in every parts of the computer

i used the psu calculator it tells me to use a 850 watt psu xD

Newegg tells me I only need 649Watts. I guess 1200W will be more than enough power for new video cards and OCing. :grin:

Also, I changed my power consumption in the NVIDIA panel and now I’m idling at 37C and 29C. I guess I set it to maximize performance and forgot about it.lol Now I just have it set-up to maximize performance in games.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.