Rhinos go flying upon death or when harvested

And a 9 iron weapon !

1 Like

“Keep on rockin’ in the fjord world…” :wink:

3 Likes

Sometimes, I have to remind myself of the basic reason I play.

IJAFG. It’s just a game.

I do not mean to belittle Funcom’s efforts; I can hear them thinking in Louisiana they work so hard. I’m just reminding myself to look for, and enjoy, the great world they gave us.

Fortunately, I have not experienced a lot of the things on these boards, but the bugs I encounter are trivial, or have workarounds, or a bit inconvenient.

I can live with that and flying Dumbo :wink:

jim

7 Likes

It is really time that this game quirk gets fixed. I didn’t buy the game to enjoy comical physics. Yes, it was humorous the first couple of times, but now just annoying, when you have to run long distances to butcher the corpses.

What would make more sense is when they die and collapse, they cause a ground shock wave, like the elephant stomp, that knocks you down. Really, any massive creature could potentially do this, if the elephant or mammoth can stomp to knock you down.

I shall keep this brief. I feel that I simply could not live in a world without flying rhinos.

Also, I feel it would be pretty cool if the airbourne rhino or dragon inflicted damage on any player or enemy unfortunate enough to have it land on them. Allow me to demonstrate:

9 Likes

I guess to first timer player, (not you) its like “WHOA! Whoa whoa whoa! WTF”

To me, its…I know its gonna happen, so I aim down, so it bounces off ground only slightly…but once I have enough hide…its like.
Baseball bat (aka tool) check!
Rhino Corpse! Check!
Lets see how far it goes! whack
Wooooooot!

Dragons could use gravity back on… elephant to. One animal need keep it just fo the amusement… and let it be rhinos.

2 Likes

There should even be an achievement for batting a rhino over a certain distance or having a certain hang time. In fact, it would be great to replace Tower of the Elephant with this since that would not leave us PvE players out in the cold. :wink:

5 Likes

Game mode: [(Online official)]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvP ]
Region: [EU]

i am lvl 60 and when i kill a Rhino …on the last hit they are flying … and its weird because a Rhino its o big and me with my little spear make it fly like a helicopter.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. lvl 60 with spear
  2. kill a rihno
  3. watch it fly

I have a question to others on this thread. This will attract a laugh from some, facial expressions of curiosity from others, and looks of horror from others. However I will ask anyway.

Has anyone ever tried to place their pet on a Trebuchet and ahem…launch them? Is it actually possible or no?

2 Likes

If that feature doesn’t exist, it should.

1 Like

Launching Greater Sabers and others into enemy’s base must be forbidden by international conventions as an outrage upon humanity!

3 Likes

And who cares about the poor beasts ? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Funcom please…do not ‘fix’ the flying Rhino bug. Some bugs are annoying, game breaking or devalue our gaming experience. However, some add value, character and flair, and enhance the players experience. I believe this to be a member of the later. It makes us smile and entertains, and that is what an in game feature, intended or not, should do.

We can even hold a Poll on this one if necessary.

4 Likes

Oh no! That was a bug? i thougt i was too strong and i fly them away with my strengh… bamer

They die, and sorta launch.

I had a friend in co-op ps4, and they kept exploding as i kept trying launch them, Thralls did same thing that were on wrong spot, LOL

1 Like

Was way up on the mountain peaks in the cold, shot a goat with an arrow. Sure looked like it launched from a trebuchet. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This also happens with the new Lava Worm ( Magma Eater) when killed with hand combat. Head shots for the win same as the dreg worm.

56681330_909253122779889_2344695519596511232_o
:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Ignasis I just had such a belly laugh when I saw that image. And with a severed leg too…!? How could anyone possibly want to see this feature removed from the game, it is absolutely priceless. Although watch further below, having a flying rhinoceros land you couldnt be good for ones health. :face_with_head_bandage:.

Actually, that would really reinforce my earlier demonstration/point about the dangers of having an airbourne rhino land on a person.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.