Riders of Hyboria: What’s going on with White Horses? (Vol II)

This issue is still present in the current version of Conan. Originally reported on May 19th. Reposting with permission.

Several friends and I seem to remember white horses having white manes and white tails, but since the Follower II update or further back, they look like this now:

WhiteHorse

Looking around, I found this screenshot which I remember being an official image released with Riders of Hyboria and is currently displayed on the Steam store page, even:

And lastly, this video also showing a white tailed horse around the time ROH came out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fFYRl8ab-8

Seems like an unintended change?

4 Likes

Here are the replies from the original thread:

2 Likes

Yes they did have white manes and tails when they came out, not sure what happened. They don’t look so nice now

1 Like

Over the past few months, several of my friends refuse to create or request white horses any more because they “look ugly” ever since this quirk manifested. :stuck_out_tongue:

I still use them because I know there’s a handsome steed waiting to appear on the other side of a patch some day.

Let’s hope they get restored to their full glory soon, because I fear this issue is internal to the Riders of Hyboria DLC and cannot be directly fixed by modders in the interim.

2 Likes

Hey @Daedalon

Thanks for the heads-up. We’ve sent note to our team to see if this was an intentional change or not.

4 Likes

Same here, I created one after starting Siptah hoping it had been fixed but sadly not. Crossing fingers they go back to their former glory

1 Like

@Ignasi Any chance there’s some news on this one yet?

1 Like

Hey @Daedalon

This issue is still sitting on the QA queue waiting to be either confirmed as an issue or as an intended change.

5 Likes

I will follow this too, I want to buy the DLC but only because I want a white horse, if he remains with the black mane, I prefer to use the horses on the map. Any prediction of when we will get that answer?

2 Likes

I would think its the same bug with thrall and npc hair , its all different and its a bug of some sort with the textures of the hair, it might have also effected the white horse as it is hair the mane.

Wasn’t the npc hair caused by Siptah? The black mane and tail on the white horses has been there for a while now

So far I don’t think can be sure, since there is no official answer to the problem itself. Still waiting for an answer

I would guess that we’ll hear back on this within a week or two. Ignasis informed me today that the QA team has been quite preoccupied with the big patch that just launched, and that they should soon resume iterating through community reports once the new patch looks good.

I will try to keep the door open on this particular report thread until we hear back since it has gained such interest. As far as I know there’s no rule against that, but if there is, a community moderator is welcome to correct and/or chastise me. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

When you have an answer please share it with us. I’m also trying not to let this topic die so I can keep up. :heart:

1 Like

i wish i only had such minor color issues in the game there are alot mor much troublesome bugs, wich are not fixed since 5 years… and the horse DLC wow u can color horses now in 2 colors… white and black … and paint stones in a different matter, wooooow… thats so awsome ever modder has more content for free…

I hope that the problems that bother you are solved too, Rastulla. Good luck to all of us :heart: :relaxed:

1 Like

Ever seen a white horse with a white mane in real life thats not been dyed? Humans…

1 Like

In fact I have, I had one, and trained a few. Dapple greys you expect to have black in their mane and tails, not white horses

2 Likes

Took me all of 30 seconds to Google and find out there is white horses with white manes and tails so yes yes I have now :stuck_out_tongue:

Gotta thank you for your comment though because I honestly wasn’t sure and they are actually very beautiful horses so I am glad I had a reason to look it up :slight_smile: Learn something new everyday xD

2 Likes

Yes, there are white horses with white manes (a little gray, but not black). I already had some (my grandparents had a farm), nothing out of the ordinary :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes