Riders of Hyboria: What’s going on with White Horses? (Vol II)

Just holding the door open for this report. I’ll probably summon Ignasis from the coffee machine in a few days to check if there’s an update yet, but I expect their QA team is currently catching up on a backlog of stuff after the 2.1 patch and hotfixes, so I’ll give it a little more time first.

I worked in a riding stables part time for several years and can assure you we never dyed any horses manes or tails (outside of the film industry I can’t think of anyone that would bother) - plenty of white horses have white manes and tails as many others have already pointed out. (Not really ‘piling on’ more just trying to help keep the thread live.)

@ShinsaiX - if you’re not already familiar with them, you might like to google ‘palomino’ for some images of another beautiful horse :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Grew up riding Arabian horses, can confirm white horses with white manes and tails exist among humans. We owned several.

2 Likes

The only horses I’ve ever been around are the ones owned by my brother in law.
Those that my father owned, and the few I see on farms and ranches here in central Michigan USA where I now reside.

But I too can confirm white horses with white manes and tales do exist and occur naturally in real life. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure why the change was made, but I prefer the white main and tail for the white horse as well, by far. I end up not bothering to produce the current style of white horse and hope they can be changed back (or both kept for those who may prefer a dark main with white horse).

2 Likes

So, nothing new? I’ve been trying to look at the forums at least once a week to see if there are any answers

1 Like

Hey there,

Our QA team processed the request and labelled it as not intended. Although we have no ETA we can share, it’s been assigned for a fix for a future update.

8 Likes

Yay, thank you @Ignasi

Slightly necroing this post to inform this issue has been fixed in our current Testlive build (Update 2.2).

8 Likes