RK2019 – The Server with a Run Speed Buff

The toxicity was in reference to in-game chat. I did not accuse you of toxicity.

The “people like you” comment was in reference to people I’d prefer to play with, which is generally with tolerant people, which I don’t perceive you to be.

But yeah, I’m fully aware that my intolerance of the intolerant paints me with the same brush :confused:

And so I concede that.

But the fact that you assume everything I say is about you is also one of my warning signs about people to avoid.

You stated in an earlier post “people like you”.
Why do you make this a me vs you post?
Its about the pacing of the server.
Do I not get to voice my opinion? or am I toxic for disagreeing with you?
I have talked to ALOT of people about the pacing, and they all agree that its just too slow…

Because you asked me questions, as follows:

“You say people are toxic… where have you met them?
Do you mean, as you have mentioned before “people like me”?
You dont know me, what I stand for and if I’m at all toxic or not…
Perhaps you should go a round with yourself and ask if throwing accusations around is at all helpful in a conversation.”

And so I answered.

Your anecdotes are not evidence about server pacing. Plus, as I’ve said ad nauseum, I’m more interested in what new and returning players think.

As should Funcom, if they want this game to survive.

People who’ve played continuously since release for sure have helped this game survive this long.

But it’s not enough to keep it going.

I’m a person who has medical issues and am unable to work. I have the WHOLE day to play the game if I so wish and most of them I do as well. I personally don’t want things to be rushed and I agree with how the level caps has been managed thus far. It certainly should NOT be a level race kind of approach, slow and steady is the way to go. There are a fair amount of other things to do in the game besides grinding hard/fast and twinking out characters.

Socialize, roleplay, create a “secret society”, arrange mini games where winners gets rewards, bringing fun and joy to the community etc. It’s a game for crying out loud, a fictional world. Not a job to be taking seriously. Use your imagination, there are plenty of things you can do that’ll leave you with a feeling of satisfaction other then just simply leveling and twinking.

To you who said you solo’d azzy at 25 and foremans director at 50, if you are smart enough to sit there and calculate everything you need to twink out your toons to be strong enough to solo those bosses at those levels, then you should be smart enough to figure out other things you can do to have fun that doesn’t revolve around twinking and leveling fast. Use your imagination, sky’s the limit. All you need is a can-do-attitude.:wink:

All of that said, I am more then happy with how FunCom has run this server thus far. And if I lose my toons at the end of the year, then so what? We ALL know that’s the plan so if you don’t agree to that bit then why are you here on Rk2019 and not the other non-wipe server? I dunno about you, but it’s pretty obvious to me that someone at FunCom took a look at games like Path of Exile and wanted to try out blowing some new life into the game by doing the same. Give the game replayability by server wipes at the end of a “season”. Deal with the wipe or go back to the other server. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I feel like people who “run out of things to do” lack imagination or simply just don’t pvp.

Like, for example, I have spent endless hours running around ICC in long drawn out pvp battles.

This is an RPG, not a loot simulator. Sure, you have finished your character. Maybe even 5 (I know I have), but you have not “Run out of things to do.” Use some creativity, helps some noobs, make a 15 twink that can kill abby self buffed, kill some crazy 180+ dynas or world bosses. I have done all this and will keep doing it. It’s fun (for me.) Just because YOU are bored, does NOT mean everyone else is.

The level cap allows players to continue grouping for the level locked (which is dumb) armor quests. It also keeps population together. If I wanted to just camp dungeons without any opposition and level toons fast I would play on old server.

Disclaimer: The statements made above are of my own. Just because I feel a certain way does not mean everyone else does. I feel like I need to put this here because it seems people do not understand the basic idea of what an “opinion” is. Carry on. Death to Omni Scum.

5 Likes

I understand people are enjoying the current slow progress, but a lot of people are not. And some people do not have much time to play, but a lot of people do. I hope Funcom can find some kind of middle ground on this issue because as it stands right now it’s heavily leaning towards people who want it slow.

The current cap is very slow if you prefer to focus on XPing and gearing your character out. It’s downright dreadful if you prefer to focus on a single character. I already have alts and I personally don’t enjoy the RPing aspects of the game, so I’m running out of things to do at level 60.

I’m unhappy with how Funcom has handled the new server so far. I don’t want to race to 220, but I don’t want to spend two weeks (potentially more) at level 60. Especially after spending a week at 45 (I’m doing the same dungeons I did at 45). If this slow pace continues I won’t be resubbing.

Stop treating this server as anything else than stated, that is a 12 month progression server.

Since it is set for 12 months, we can’t go to slow can we? how on earth are we gonna experience all the awsome content AO has produced if we do like som of you say and start releasing first big expansion after 6 months?

Totw, SoM, foremans and missiongriding are getting a bit old now. Lets move on shall we.

It’s barely been out one month. I bet Shadowlands will be out within this next month…

What are we going on about?

The backlash will come.
The oldies will also stop playing when all the faithfuls are gone.
What will you do then? run your gimpy toons around at lvl 60?

1 Like

I just don’t understand this logic… If some people want to take things slow, what is stopping you?
You do what you do and let others do what they do.
It seems that there is enough people for everyone to get groups high and low.

This game has an self built leveling restriction, i dont see why there needs to be level caps at all. Atleast in the past you could level freely and at some point, usually at 25,60,100,125,150,175,200 levels you had to stop leveling and twink yourself to be able to do the current content.

It just seems so stupid atm. I get to lvl cap and get the neccesary gear from dungeons and then the game turns into solo game.

Most efficient way to get tokens - Solo missions
Most efficient way to get credits - Bliz solo missions
Most efficient way to get nanos/armor/weapons - Bliz solo missions.

For me this game is still an MMO and love to play with others.
Fondest memories from back in the days are grouping with randoms and running missions in Broken Shores, getting xp and chatting.
now im bored out of my mind, i farmed tokens to 250 for one toon(solo) and im not doing it again.

I know this is an usless ramble as FC stated in latest stream that they most likely increase the lvl cap only a small amount during next week for a god knows how long…

That made me chuckle. Thank you :smiley:
Not going to happen. Unless by a backlash you mean yourself and a handful of the vocal minority who will actually stop playing AO and go somewhere else. More likely that you will stay subbed and playing because there is no other game like this one.

Cap will raise when FC is ready and you race to it and be right back here complaining. That is all.