Sandstorm not doing anything

Game mode: online pve
Problem: sandstorm does not damage player
Region: oceanic server

The sandstorm no longer damages the player or anything. The graphics are glitched and it basically just parts around the player and does absolutely nothing now. This used to be one of the cooler parts of the game. Now it doesn’t even hinder you’re vision like it used to :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I usually am right outside the storm, so I don’t get junk flying by. The graphics still make it look like tunnel vision with a white out in the center, and bloom effects. The vision effect should only happen in the path of the storm.

Try taking everything off and make sure you are within the storm to test damage. I was happy when i no longer needed the mask because…

You have two kinds of sandstorms now:

• The real one (damage you and have a nice visual)
  • The fake one (just an illusion of your mind, no damage and bad visual)
1 Like

Ahhh I see I just have not seen the real one yet, I’ve only been back for a couple hours so not really surprising.

1 Like

There is a third one. No visuals but damage.

4 Likes

Oh dang!

1 Like

I keep getting sandstorms back to back that don’t do anything. It’s weird.

1 Like

Sand storm was doing damage to players in secured buildings on my server I finally turned it off.

Hey there,

Our team is aware of several issues affecting the sandstorm mechanic and they’re looking into addressing them in the near future.
Thanks for the feedback and apologies for the frustration.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.