Server Crashing and Fatal Errors

Words like ‘wipe’ terrify me when it comes to this, lol.

I found the ‘checkgamedb’ just want to double check what this does exactly before I try clicking it.

Hosav is working for me as Immerse Buildings & Placeable Decor.

The rest you listed, I do not use personally.

I figured Hosav was good as well as the IMMERSE ones, but they are listed as out of date so I thought I should mention them anyway.

I also found a strange text document below it titled “DetectedPossibleCorruption” and it’s time stamped today. It just repeats the same thing for multiple lines…FArchive: String is too large

Fatal errors could be just a piece from a mod that is on the server. So sometimes additional testing is needed.

Found SH - Building Kit mod has 1 ceiling piece called “SH - Pavement (Cobblestone - Black)” that was bugged where it caused fatal crash. The other 20+ ceiling pieces had no issues.

Took me 4+ hours today to find the issue, so trial and error is time consuming for sure. That including finding which mod was causing me to crash.

Already notified the mod author on the issue.

We did finally flush out our problem. Turns out it was one of the IMMERSE mods, though not the Buildings & Placeables Decor (one of the only ones were didn’t have at the time lol). I’ve just never had problems with theirs before, even when they hadn’t been updated in awhile.

Lot of mods broken this time around. Just with some good bug testing, with a detailed report of the issue, they can be made aware of the issue. Otherwise, bad bug reports are submitted which end up not helpful for the mod author which ends up slowing them down resolving the actual issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.