Server Message of the Day Not Displaying

Game mode: [Online | Multiplayer]
Problem: [ Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [America]

So my server’s Message of the Day is not displaying when logging into the server. At first, I went to GPortal support forums to see if this was something I had done, since they had updated their Web Interface for server settings last weekend. Their forum support staff is rather lacking compared to the actual support ticket staff, but I digress.

Apparently, this is very old Bug that I found reported under the PC Bugs section and here is the link, Server MOTD not Displaying
***. I believe that my server’s Message of the Day not displaying is directly tied to whether or not Characters remain in world on Logout as I recently did change this setting. Why is this bug still persistent 5 months later?
I went through and flipped the setting for CharactersRemainInWorldOnLogout back and forth, this is the cause of my MOTD not displaying. Why would it make any difference whether or not characters remaining in world on logout to display a MOTD? Players being forced to play smart by not just logging out anywhere is part of the playstyle I enforce on my server.

Please fix this bug, it directly ties the hands of Rental Server owners.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Under Server settings, change the option for CharactersRemainInWorldOnLogout to True
  2. Under Server settings, change the option for CharactersRemainInWorldOnLogout to False

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.