Server Outage update

, ,

Lighting strike. Gportal has been posting about it.

1 Like

Oh. Well, that definitely sounds like it’s a Norwegian game company’s fault. Maybe Ignasis is really Thor and he causes thunder in his sleep.

1 Like

Hey all,

We got notified over the night that one of G-Portal’s datacenters got struck by lightning. We posted it on socials once we got a hold of the flashy news.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

4 Likes

Nope, this is not a solution. This didn’t tell us when servers will be back up. Nice try.

This is not something you can lay at Funcom’s feet, it is a problem with the company hosting the servers.
I’ll bet as soon as they tell Ignasis that the servers are up again, he’ll tell us.

1 Like

We just posted this update in our social channels, reposting here for visibility:

Hey everybody,
Quick status update: Our partners at G-Portal are still investigating and working to get all US servers affected by last night’s lightning strike up and running again.
They still have no ETA, but they’re working against the clock to make it ASAP.

Edit: We’ll edit the initial message with any new updates and keep this thread as the main one regarding this problem to increase visibility so we don’t flood the forums with new posts.

3 Likes

Guys, I know you prolly still think this is a conspiracy or w/e, but it’s not. G-Portal only has a few dedicated data centers. That’s why they tend to both be more reliable and lag more. 1 center going down would shut down an entire region.
It sucks, and it’s poor planning on G-Portal’s part to not have a contingency plan, but that’s all.

That said, don’t be surprised if there are roll-backs, or even wipes. Depends on how G-Portal saves server data and if they have a regularly updated backup n such.

2 Likes

Just went into my server and lost everything mountain base animal pen everything spent hours solo building and gathering greater pets to sign in and have absolutely nothing this is what makes me not want to play this game

1 Like

Was entire server wiped or was it a roll back?

a “new” notice for the server owners. i guess it will affect the funcom servers equally.

1 Like

to give an idea: for a private server (which is still running atm), there are 37 backup saves with 5 min between each other.

official? private?

DIRECT LINK: https://twitter.com/gportalint/with_replies

2 Likes

THIS THREAD REMINDS OF THIS EPISODE SOOOOOO MUCH

5 Likes

The ticket part for a backup is for server owners with servers hosted by g-portal. Considering that Funcom is currently out of the office and only coming back tomorrow morning or maybe even Monday morning (due to weekend), I would assume there will be NO rollbacks for the official servers but I might be wrong.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting all the updates Narelle :slight_smile:

1 Like

For real. Can’t login to CE for a day and the world has crashed to a halt, FC has been taken over by evil, customer hating aliens, and this is the worst event they’ve ever seen in the history of gaming and customer service.

“My server down more than 10 minutes, BRAAAAAWAWWWRRRAARWWWWWRW”

2 Likes

All Servers are restrored! In case any server is experiencing issues still, G-portal asks a ticket to be submitted so that they can look into it. For official CE servers that would be via the report form:

Regarding the compensation for private server owners:

2 Likes

Hey everybody,

G-Portal reestablished access over the weekend and all servers have been up and running since then.
We’ll consider this issue resolved and we’ll proceed to lock this thread.
Thanks for your patience and feedback.