Server run on PC Guide?

Hello,

I’m looking to set up a server run off my PC for just a few friends to avoid that absolutely stupid tethering thing, but I don’t know how to go about it. I’m aiming to have just maybe 3 friends on it + be able to join myself from the same PC the server is run on. Does anyone know how to do this, or if there’s a guide for it? I found the main website explanation, but its rather…empty.

EDIT

I already have a world I want to use too, so if it’s possible to carry that data over (we’ve been playing on it for a day or so), that’d also be really cool.

Thanks!

1 Like

Drach beat me to it.

But yeah, also consider your PC specs. I considered running it off my main machine until after a bit of research decided against it and just repurposed an old work PC to do the job.

3 Likes

Hello and thank you for the replies!

Is that method above different from the built in co-op method, performance wise? If not, then I think it should be fine, because there were no performance problems via co-op. If it’s not the same, would it perform right with about 5 total players on these specs?

i7-8700k
RTX 2060 KO Super
16GB 3200mhz
500GB SSD
(also got really, really good internet)

I’m about to sit down and read it [the guide] though, since it is a bit lengthy.

Ah, I see! So there should be a significant performance drop this method then. Alright. Well, at least worth trying I guess. Thanks so much guys! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.