Shadow following me?

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug

Playing on modded server. But don’t think any mods are affecting the position of light source in the sky.
It seems the source of light is moving as i walk, because there are areas of the map where I am constantly in the shadow, even though I can see the sunshine few meters ahead of me. Anybody had that feeling? It’s really annoying.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Walk in the grass. Close to a mountain.
  2. You are in the shadow of the mountain apparently, but the patch of grass a few meters ahead of you is under the sunlight, which makes it bright. This makes the shadow look even darker.
  3. Walk a few meters to try and get under the sun. You can’t, because the shadow is following you!!!
  4. Remain an albino barbarian forever.
1 Like

Is it possible you’re in the shadow of a cloud. I noticed weird darkening at times as well, and realized the clouds were casting shadows.

Hello, i dont know if its absolutely same ‘‘prob’’ but i had settings on low shadow quality and then also shadows following. I changed to medium quality and now its ‘‘again’’ fine.

1 Like

I’ll try that. I guess that’s in graphic options and not in server settings, right?

Yes the clouds do cast shadow, but i don’t think they are supposed to be following you (or… are they???). In my case I have a particular problem with the mountain next to my base… I’m always in the shade there, so i can only see the iron nodes when they are in the distance, but when i get close it’s much harder to tell whether they are rock or not…

i will agree with this . i put my shadow setting down a notch and noticed this started happening.
stopped when i put it on default again.

Yes graphical settings. i think ‘highest’ could also function :wink: but momentary the ‘ping’ problem is more difficult, also there seams to be a interim-solution.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.