@Shadowlands release

its a good news it will atliest save some spots in invertory. but even better would be if SL add perk snare line to all free movement and unsnare nanos. couse they are unbreakable on pets now

Well removing your posts is kinda lame when you’ve been proven wrong, but luckily your original posts are still visible as quotes in other peoples posts.

But yeah i guess it is off topic for this thread, and my original intention was to provide some quick help for someone who was struggling with rooted/snared pets.

Anyway, as you can see from the description of the rechargers, their original and primary purpose is to heal both health and nano as well as remove debuffs:

https://aoitems.com/item/291082/health-and-nano-recharger/

But enough about the OT.

My opinion on the topic though is that IF funcom is going to release shadowlands on the new server, it should happen sooner rather than later. Probably with the level cap increase to 60.

SL adds a huge amount of farming, camping and questing in the form of pocket bosses for symbiants, garden keys, zone access quests etc that if fc excepts people to be able to reach even some form of endgame during just one year, we need as much time for the grind as possible.

People seem to forget that even if you can make a nice amount of creds per hour, there is no one to buy symbs, inf boots etc from.

not sure if that pocket bosses will be so much camped if u remember FC addet for nabs all symbs to store witl leveling capability so many people will just buy them

I’ll keep it simple. @Shadowlands release? No thanks. Worst expansion ever. DAoC had trials of Atlantis. SWG had the NGE, Conan had the Khitai expansion. WoW had… well take your pick. This is AO’s equivalent. Horrible fantasy setting that just killed what made the game great.

Is it too much to ask for a Vanilla only AO server?

1 Like

RK2019 is a progression server, I don’t believe that’s up for debate. If the concept is a success for FC, who knows, RK2020 could be a vanilla server if there is appetite for it.

1 Like

I really liked SL at first solo. I completely missed out on the farming pocket-bosses and symbiants, and couldn’t progress beyond Scheol (well, I did, but couldn’t get the keys to gardens and sanctuaries, due to summoning, which knocked my HPs to 1, which is hard to solo, although someone posted that has been fixed. Nevertheless, I did eventually get beyond that limitation, every step of which was a slog, since I couldn’t get the keys solo.

Which I suspect would not be a problem in RK2019 since it makes it possible to find a group if you’re under 220.

I also missed out on the hecklar grinds, the tales of which makes one of my eyes twitch, since I’m a recovering EQ addict.

I don’t buy it… It seems the most common reason for them not releasing SL is that u ppl dont like the “fantasy theme”. Since all the other remarks really dont apply now that we have:

lvl lock, no 220 pocket chars, no symbs farmed, no inf boots or ice golem etc etc. What is really OP about SL then? I played 2004 and onwards, and while SL was out we still got the cash on RK, did RK missions and Mercs and all raids for most gear… you had what, chosen armor? that takes forever and demands a team to get and kinda suck… arul sabas same thing… perenniums? yeah fine, but wont make u the solo terminator. Ingots? removed… what else? Kite hill wont really work, you will prefer to kite cyborgs safely on RK hill instead… or just bloody team in the part of the worlds you enjoy…

Well ofc it’s not the same as the main server cmoooon how can you even say that… that is very ignorant tbh…

SL is also a place alot of ppl love, i think it was the best expansion in the game for example, and i do NOT understand the problem with SL on a fresh server other than " i dont like the theme" . Think about it, what do you really get from SL with lvl locks, and no pocket 220s etc that is OP?

The Shadowlands expansion was the most critically acclaimed by far, winning several Editor’s Choice Awards from IGN, [CNet], GameSpot, GameSpy and others in 2003 Critics applauded the size and scope of it, such as Andrew Park of GameSpot who called it "absolutely enormous. Tom Chick of GameSpy praised the “distinctive and exotic” art direction of the new areas.

Anarchy Online 's sales reached 47,356 units by the first week of November 2001, a performance that [GameSpot]'s Desslock described as “woeful”. By 2002, the total number of subscriptions created since launch was stated as 150,000. After the release of the Shadowlands and Alien Invasion expansion packs, total subscriptions had risen to 700,000 in late 2004 Sales of the game, its expansion packs, and monthly customer subscriptions had generated [US$](28 million dollars by 2005

(wikipedia)

1 Like

if u dont like it dont go there. why we should pay for something what is on another server free. and before u start talking about economi on other server u dont need to buy anything there on rk 2019 is the same nobody didnt have anything. so all of u SL haters can make org on RK5 and playing together for free and all of your fun RK . what more u need ?

2 Likes

Keep it vanilla!.. those that don’t like can play current server that offers it all!

3 Likes

You’re not going to change the mind of people who don’t like Shadowlands the same way we won’t change your mind if you are a fan of that expansion. It’s all opinion. We don’t want it and you are foaming at the mouth to turn the new server into a mirror of the old one as quickly as possible.

It’s all just opinion. My opinion is stated. Once SL arrives those who don’t want the RK of old tainted with it will stop paying and playing. The truth of it all will play out in the money in Funcom’s pockets every month and the health of the server population.

I will be sure to check back in after the fact on those ‘where is everyone?’ and ‘server dead’ posts that will no doubt be a feature of this forum :wink:

And until that point you and I are just guessing as to what that truth will be.

Server population would probably drop over time regardless of the server expansions status, so let’s not fall into the trap of confusing correlation with causation when the time comes.

A lot of people opened their account(s) for one month to try out 2019 when it opened. I’m almost willing to bet that about 50% of those people are not going to continue when their month is up. Regardless of the lvl cap and the expansion status at the time.

A large amount of people came back for nostalgia reasons and now that they’ve been here and been reminded how much work, effort and grinding AO requires, and they’re reminded why they quit in the first place, they’re going to quit again.

I hope as much people as possible would stay. I fear they won’t.

Some may quit because FC released SL too early, and some may quit because FC didn’t release SL soon enough.

Most who quit, will do so because they intended to try it out for one month anyway.

4 Likes

I agree with a previous poster that suggested a staggered release of SL with zones becoming available in steps and perhaps even locked to levels. In any case i really want SL to be added, but the alien expansions i would prefer to just skip.

is also worth remembering that xp in sl was set to higher returns from the start to get people to do it , doing away with that and the scale heckler xp to nothing to stop stupid things like outside tank would prob help.

1 Like

I imagine this would actually be relatively easy to achieve by just removing the appropriate Ergo, similar to how daily mission npcs aren’t spawned on rk2019.

1 Like

I don’t like the idea of removing Ergo, you wouldn’t be able to do the ring quests. I think you should deactivate the portal to the next zone. I really love this idea and hope they release The Shadowlands soon, but staggered just like the levels.

2 Likes

the staggering levels sounds kinda awesome, but i do hope they release SL soon. i know many are not a fan of SL. but then again there are many that are

I think it would be better for it all to be released all at once. We all obviously have the expansions and plan to stick around but with the idea of us all running off the level caps the extra benefits such as ai levels and anything else would drive us further to see what we could really come up with within the level cap before it changes again. it will be more of a challenge for a lot of us.