*SHAMBALA* Round 3... FIGHT!

pvp

ROUND 3 of the Shambala Event will start Saturday May 26th 2018

Preferred method of communication during the event will be the PvP channel. Use /chat join pvp in game for event updates and general PvP banter!

NOTE: Times have changed slightly to allow for players unable to make the old time slots a chance to participate feedback on this is appreciated

European Time Slot
10:00EDT - 13:00EDT

North American Time Slot
20:00EDT - 23:00EDT

As before names from the winning team of EACH match will be entered into a draw for a chance to win prizes. Match prizes for this event will be Kaiden Container Keys

Current Key Amounts: (MAX)
Purple - 319 (396)
Yellow - 83 (99)
Red - 41 (99)

I am not looking for any key donations for this round as there seems to be more then enough in stock currently. I will be capping personal key storage at MAX(shown in brackets).

Overall Round 3 winners has CHANGED
Due to names of players being drawn that either could not be reached or that turned down the rewards I have decided to change this draw so that they are guaranteed to go out to players that are interested in winning them.

How to enter the Overall Draw:
1.) Take a screenshot from any of the matches that occur throughout the day. Screenshots can be from before the match starts, during the match or via the death cam (assuming that still works in Shambala). However screenshot must be from withing Shambala Zone!

2.) Send the screenshot to me via Discord or in game/forums PM and be sure to include your characters name if via Discord. Please feel free to be creative with your screenshots :slight_smile:

3.) Limit of 1 entry per person. A total of 5 Draws will take place with a limit of ONE prize per person. Draw will be conducted @ 22:00EDT the following day so screenshots must be received before that time.

Prize List:
1st Draw - Radiant Cold Silver Dice
2nd Draw - Flanged Mallet of Destruction MK3 (Donated by Faster)
3rd Draw - Radiant Ashes of Crushed Cities (Donated by Nexus6)
4th Draw - Niflheim Tiny (pet) (Donated by BOUSILLOR)
5th Draw - Neo-Tribal Warrior - Outfit (Donated by Meta-Moth)

I will still accept cool screenshots even if your not interested in the Draw as I have plans for these screenshots but please note that you wish to be excluded from the Draw.

NEW LEADERBOARD SYSTEM (A.K.A. The Chronicle)

This is NOW LIVE! please visit Chronicle (Beta) for details on how you can help develop it further.

Note it may take a few days to fully update the leader board. Commenting on the google doc itself is the easiest way for me to add content.

WANTED!

Record keepers (or people that simply send me record of each match) particularly those that I can not make it for. Please let me know who you are and I will arrange the best method for communication.

Rules and Disclaimers

1.) Not all matches during the time slots are guaranteed to be recorded for draws. Due to multiple matches occurring at one time and unforeseen events some matches will inevitably get missed.
2.) All prizes and winners will be announced after each time slot and posted on the forums. (Not during each time slot as was the case in the test event). Doing so during the event was too time consuming and difficult to manage. In future I will simply be taking a screenshot of all match scoreboards I am in and will be combining these with screenshots sent from others then complete all final draws after each time slot.
3.) I will not hunt you down to deliver prizes for more then a couple days. Those who are unavailable after the event I ask to contact me in game via pm or mail DRENNETH and I will make sure I get your prize to you ASAP.

Feel free to add to the movement @ The future of PvP in SWL

Pretty sure that’s the same time as the Cabal Pride event, isn’t it?

Yes. The topic’s been pinned for a while now:

Probably not going to actually help PvP (specifically in regards to being beter accepted by Funcom) to have events at cross-purposes with other community stuff.

And before you say ‘well, Shambala matches are quick’: that may be true, but cabal pride is not actually aimed at Millenials with the attention-span of a Twitter-addicted fruit fly. Popping out for quick Shambala matches is going to disrupt that experience.

I will try to rumble with you.
@Drenneth u need extra drops? I do have some vanity stuff I could share also MB Essence

Will have to see if I can join but I am interested.
I am horrible at pvp but I enjoy doing stuff with the community. Any chance that we get teamcommunication in the matches? Would be a shame to get together with randoms and not being able to coordinate with them. Or do we need premade teams?

Ah yes, might have to move this to next weekend? Would give others more time to prepare and also we don’t want to tread on something that is already established.
i’m all for the PVP event for sure - but Cabal pride has that date already ear marked it seems.
@Leogrim Shambala is random selection so we can’t make premade teams. But during the waiting times i think we’re all going to hang out in Seoul Fight Club - you will be able to do team selections there or 1v1 im certain.

FUN FUN FUN

I have no Cabal nor pride. So if im able to log in, im in.

Well neither do i as such, i have my own cabal to share bank space between alts easier. But with this being an already taken up date for an event that has been ongoing for years i think - it wouldn’t do any favours to appear to muscle in nor would it be sensible to assume that one community had any right over the others already planned event.

No need to get any knickers in a twist Drenneth is a community type of guy, he will just reschedule the date :wink:

Have adjusted the times accordingly. (It was only to first period that overlapped with the cabal pride event by one hour if I’m not mistaken) Its very early in the morning for me though so if you don’t mind please confirm that the adjusted time is correct. If anything I suspect running it on the same day but not overlapping with the cabal pride timing will be beneficial to the event. Thanks for the info.

@Antomas

I don’t wish to ask for additional prizes since this is more of a test run to get a feel for how it might turn out in the future but I would encourage that if people wish to give out additional rewards during the event then they are more then welcome to do so. Something like https://www.miniwebtool.com/random-name-picker/ is all i will be using to draw names from each match.

Looks right. You didn’t change to 11:00 - 14:00 EST in the ‘when’ section of OP though, just on the note about the drawing.

Also, probably should ask if you mean EST, given US East coast is on EDT right now… which adds an extra layer of ‘potentially confuse people about times’.

Moving the time is good enough i would say :smiley: agreeing also that it could be beneficial to the event if there are people around to see stuff happening.
CommUnity spirit and all that :smiley:

Ah yes thanks corrected now. Hmm I guess ill switch it to EDT… I’m not even sure what the difference is to be honest it comes up as both options when I use a time converter.

Randomly guessing you’re in Europe then, basically like CET and CEST. Except the US and the EU don’t make the daylight savings switch on the same date and… well, there’s a reason people on the web have started listing GMT times for events mostly. :wink:

Nice idea, but it was only pure luck and a little boredom that I clicked on this thread. I had ignored it the last couple of visits. With perhaps a slightly more informative title you may get more people interested?

Agreed I was debating the same thing. Thanks for the advice!

I work that day but should be able to stop in for a bit.

Going strong! 22 pops for me this morning, but a craving for food finally drove me away.

we had about 50 total in the 3hour period, will be doing an official summary after the NA timeslot is finished.

And thats probably a low estimate as there were double matches going on for some time and the matches were back to back