Shambala SATURDAYS!

Only suggestion I have is to make sure the recorders stagger their queues from time to time, so there’s more chances for recorders to “jump tracks” into a different group of players serial queuing. It’s a nice issue to have, though, based on what it says for activity!

2 Likes

Original Post has been updated with final draws from Round 2 as well as some general info on claiming prizes and summary statistics. Thank-you all again for participating, There was significantly more activity this time around. A total or 151 unique matches recorded and 258 Unique names in attendance. More changes will be discussed to further improve recording in the future.

4 Likes

ooooh a jacket! \o/

5 Likes

Regarding the Jackets I have PM’d Andy on Discord, he is offline at the moment but I"m sure he will see to it that they are sent out some time this week and I"m guessing will show up in your delivered items. Let me know if you all ready have this clothing from TSW so that I can arrange something different.

7 Likes

Super stoked to have won a jacket, and congratulations to all the other winners!

There were some great matches, especially towards the end, with some truly impressive 2v2 fights. Win or lose, the whole thing was just non-stop fun, and I look forward to the next one.

I’d also like to donate the keys I won to the next event.

5 Likes

Your jackets will appear in the dressing room; I’ll be granting them directly to your characters. Thanks y’all :smiley:

11 Likes

A lot of Thanks for the jacket, I like it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The jackets are awesome, thank you

3 Likes

The jacket gives me a passive ego boost.
Now it’s a given that I have to join the next shambala event and further the glory of shotgun&dragon (somehow…still working on the details)

3 Likes

i wanted to be in on this so bad. im in on the next one fur sure

1 Like

I can try to adjust the time slots next time or possibly run the event on a Friday to allow for people that can’t make the usual times to get a chance to participate.

1 Like

I was one of the recorders and I did end up in the same games sometimes as Drenneth and Antida so I did start to try stagger matches where I could because you are right Star it would have captured more. Also the chronicle is a great bit of fun but it is not scientific and wont capture the exact outputs of the entire two events unfortunately, would be great if Funcom could pick that up for Shambala :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree I think the Chronicle was an amazing thing in TSW. Being that SWL is so much more grindy in nature I actually think it would have been even more applicable here. However I can only imagine that it would be a large undertaking and maybe more work to implement late now then perhaps at the beginning.

As for the “Chronicle” that I’m piecing together ATM I will probably resume work on it this Friday. Mon - Thurs I’m working 12 hrs each day so I don’t have much free time however once all the raw data is converted to the leaderboard though it will provide a base to build upon and I’ll make a seperate post with details on adding data to it in the future. Basically the idea is that it will become more community driven where people can comment on the document with scoreboard links when they have a result that enters the Top 100 of a particular score. Then myself and perhaps over time a number of individuals with rights to modify the document will take that information and add it to the document. This way even matches outside of the event will be recorded.

2 Likes

Tonights BtV stream is “Shambala recap” tier 266 - omg that is one hell of a mission chain!

1 Like

Could you link the stream. Would like to watch it Live if I’m not busy at that time.

2 Likes

As soon as it’s up i sure will :smiley:

1 Like

Beyond The Veil: Tier 266 Shambala Recap

1 Like

Topic has been updated with details concerning ROUND 3! Please see original post for more information.

3 Likes

I experienced a weird bug during the last event where the players on the other team kept trying to kill me. Did anyone else experience this bug? Is there a workaround?

7 Likes

The workaround is reeeeal simple…

10 Likes