Share your Shelter

Thanks! Indeed my intention was to make the city feel ‘grown’ over time. Luckily I still have some spare space for all the exciting stuff we’re getting in 3.0.
I’m aiming to make all indoor places as real homes so these are full as well. Hope my console survives…

Thanks for the welcome! Long time viewer of the forum already but finally created an account.

1 Like

About a year maybe? This job is surely not “I wake up today and I fix this”. I see no dlcs, correct?
It is all made vanilla isn’t it?

Approx 6 months. Even rebuilt the elevator area because I wasn’t happy with the looks. Indeed all vanilla with exception of the Derketo DLC. What is a city without a tavern right? :grin:

1 Like

@DutchBarbarian
Sorry I didn’t start it this way I just wanted to be sure.
Congratulations…
Beautiful job, with the exception of derketo dlc that i can barely notice it, because i got lost in your architecture than deco, this is a beautiful example what someone can do with just the vanilla pack. In a building contest I can see less people to win what you fixed with all the dlcs and mods available. The greatest bet is always the “time” for observation and replacement. Then the positioning is outstanding, that again betray the time you spend on observation. The “shadow” is really good, you worked your shadow really well.
More or less, perfect…
Congratulations once more, thank you for uploading it :+1:t6:.

1 Like

Excellent use of the decorative beams.

The server where I played and built the base in the antique style, alas, ceased to exist, but I finally raised my server with the mods that I wanted to install for a long time and here is my base in the Yamatai style with a garden. More images https://www.reddit.com/r/ConanExiles/comments/vlrgq2/yamatai_castle_under_the_gaze_of_the_great_buddha/
Video tour - Conan Exiles -Yamatai castle under the gaze of the Great Buddha - YouTube

13 Likes

I wish I could build this way…
Stunning, congratulations :+1:t6:

1 Like

Thanks, actually the architectural complexity is not great, a bunch of boxes on top of each other with a 0.5 block offset with roofs on the sides, it was more difficult to defeat the stability bug through the columns on each floor and create an interior

1 Like

Not very spectacular.
But this is nearly always my first kind of “home”.
Seven tiles: Enough for the Journeystep. And gives you 100% shelter.

9 Likes

Epic. Fantastic build.

1 Like

Actually, I find it really cool for your first shelter. Totally lore friendly and very realistic.

2 Likes

The first one was T1 stone and gras thatched roof. Naturally… :wink:

2 Likes

I wish the awning pieces didn’t have support beams on the side that would normally be against walls. Making the distinction between the building awnings and the small cloth awning, naturally.

Sunrise can be so cool looking from my base complex. To large to see the whole thing, castle is on the right, pyramid/museum and future teleportal location is featured with the sun coming up behind the tower.

3 Likes

The Cubes

Today’s inspiration for Jhebbal Sag…

5 Likes

Just building this put me in level 58…AND, now I start with a nice surplus to plunder.

3 Likes

Tricks done without mods:

Pretty janky though

7 Likes

Naah, pretty awesome :+1:t6:

Edit.
@prologue1337 did you try to see how fence foundations of storm glass would look like, to “set” the window frames, than wooden foundation look?

1 Like

Yeah I tryed, but I was just messing around with blending the glass a bit more with other materials
Can replace any piece :slight_smile:

1 Like

My new viking Longhouse on top of Icechasm on a pvp server to protect the upper entrance =)

7 Likes