Share your Shelter

Yea, exactly like what I am thinking, the next time I move I will find a cliff for my actual base, while the “lobby” is just decoration building using sandstone that’s free to be destroyed. Overall yes it’s not small.

Purge attacks seem to be divided in waves, maybe 3 waves iirc. Previously not knowing purge existed, I built a house and all crafting stations outside, but luckily, my base was on a cliff and the terrain isn’t flat so the top of the cliff only use 1 foundations but as it goes along further it can be up to 3-4 foundations high. So they actually destroyed these foundations I am using to make a flat surface.

It was so minimalistic before, using sandstone and 3 thralls, now I have to fortify it a bit and capture npcs for guards, it’s not pretty but functional, I plan to move elsewhere after reaching 60.

Seems like they fixed it already, when I had the purge, a message appeared saying it will begin in 10 minutes, and when they arrived, they’re actually walking from a distance I could see they’re approaching, not instantly spawned at my place.

Wow the second one is awesome!

thx man^^, curent build of a pirate gang, but politic might get it destroy someday

From what I’ve read on Steam forums these last weeks, they still seem to sometimes glitch and spawn inside your base when the pathing/connectivity is not perfect and the AI can’t find a way to reach the place they want to target.

For example, in our “build the base in an elevated plateau” example… if you don’t build the stairs down to the ground and there’s still some free ground on the plateau, they’ll probably spawn there.

As someone else explained in other post about AI glitching in this forum which is also related to ground pathing, the connection to the ground has to be perfect, no floating stairs, and no places where you are required to jump to get into your base… i.e. no discontinuity, so the AI is able to make the full connection from origin to destination.

At least, that’s what I recall from memory now :smile:

Whilst taking a break from my main project i decided to head up north and build an abbey like structure so here it is; (interior isnt finished so i will show that later)

Uploading…

(wierd wall cause that area is not buildable ffs)

and a sneakpeak of the hall15295223310131858008911

1 Like

My newest creation. And a link to a video tour on my twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/F_A_N_B_O_Y/status/1009640959460724736

imageimageimage

9 Likes

Hye Yakuzafrog !

(I’m sorry my English is very very bad ….)

Very nice your abbey ! I like the mountain site for your abbey, very good choice for this building !

I can’t make this type of great building, it will cost too many items and
I’m not a very good architect ! It’s why I build small structures, more easy to see where I go
when I build, and decorate.

Just for curiosity, how many hours you need to build this building ?

(Sorry my English is very very bad …)

How many huge, mighty and dark building ! I like your castle !

(Very good choice with blue lights, more … dark !)

4 Likes

Thanks man, I wanted something that stood out and I really like the glowing staircase

Well keep in mind that that particular spot isnt very large, a big swath of that mountain is non buildable apparently.
If you are going for black ice in that area, well tbe ice isnt the problem. The steel is. I Reckon that with 50encumbrance (to haul iron, brimstone and the other materials you need) you’d able to build a structure the size of the abbey in about 35-40 hours of playtime. that is solo ofcourse, having help is very useful.

tho i do not recommend that particular spot if you have no friends since its literally next to the frost temple, where a lot of people come to farm black ice… There is only one climable mountain to that spot, you have to watch out for the cave into the volcano tho which is behind the base. all in all not that good of a spot. If you want to build up north there are better places near the ice lake.

if you want to get better at building you can always go into admin mode and spawn some stuff in to try out some new structures (in your singleplayer game)

These are amazing, keep them coming <3

1 Like

So, as I’m having connection issues atm I’m stalking the forum for info :crazy_face: and stumbled across ‘Share Your Shelter’
Here’s one pic of mine. Love the inspiration here!

(What I like to imagine is) a real life kimodo dragon, facing off with a fantasy red dragon :dragon: image

2 Likes

Like the base! But one question: How did you make such a huge base? Because on my Xbox One, if I get within a feet of one, my game crashes.

Great base, which armor is your character wearing in the picture? I don’t recognize it but it totally.

I think it’s the Zingarian Freebooter set :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh, now that I realize… you could probably also be referring to the armor in Grafox’s picture, right? (Sorry… I jumped the gun, the forums aren’t showing to whom you replied on your post.)

Yeah, I don’t recognize it either… would like to know too :slight_smile:

The picture that Kalikush posted, hey Kalikush, what IS that armor she is wearing? I really don’t recognize it but I haven’t crafted EVERY armor set yet but plan to.

well the keeps are all on mountains, so that gives height, which makes it look bigger as well. and as far as the crashes, when im just moving (walking, not sprinting cause thats too much) and not building i think i get a crash every 30-45 minutes now (after 14.06.18 update and then a reinstall)
when building i used to get a crash every 10minutes. havent built anything on my main base since the update tho, i headed up north to build something akin to the wall and castle black.

note, when im in co-op i get a crash every 5minutes in the main base, thats just too much.

Oh and disable the purge, that still WILL cause crashes cause both the base and that many moving npc’s is just too much.

As for npc’s place as little thralls as possible. the bigger the building the fewer thralls you should place. As well go easy on lighting and decoration stuff like that simply has a lot of polygons. ie. will cause more stress than lets say a foundationblock.

and well yeah, move slowly thats basically the key.

note* i dont know if it makes a difference but since the base is basically on the edge of a cliff bordering the savannah biome (where there are very few trees) but maybe its the area as well

can you show how much your xbox can handle?

My Khitan-esque temple/monastery/somesuch. Apologies if pic quality is wonky. Saved to tablet from PS4, then uploaded to discord.

15 Likes

Love it man! you did a nice job on the temple there.
I just started a build on matsumoto castle The foundations for the main keep are done, and hell that water is deep…

note* it already has a map room in it and a pool, and it was a ***** to still get 100% structural integrity on top of this