Sheaths, bags, cloaks, pouches, caps, withdraw and return weapon animation for holstered weapons

Hey Jens, nice that you came up with this answer, its refreshing to see devs communicating often with us. Now I wanna ask you something, you said about 3D artist would have to create a sheated model for any weapon, whats the problem with that? Aren’t you guys paid for this? :stuck_out_tongue:

Jokes apart, I understand these would cause some issues like clipping in armor while movement and emotes, but I’m sure this would be minimal for players to care because this is a so desired feature that a clipping here or there wouldn’t be annoying for most of the playerbase.

And there is the numbers of weapons that would be shown, I say, let it be visible the last weapon used on hands, for exemple, you are with a sword and shield out, after the fight finishes, you sheat them, and those will be shown sheated on the character, you pull out a spear, the moment you sheat it, thats the one it will be shown, pulled out a bow, sheating it only the bow will be shown.

I think this wouldn’t cause much clipping problems as it is only one (or two in the case of dualwielding) weapon(s) sheated. GW2 has that, and its an eye candy.

I understand this requires a bit work for the 3D artists, but hey, we all vote for everything that would spice up more the game for immersion sake! Unless the team at FC doesn’t expect CE to live long, I hope you guys consider at some point adding that, I would gladly pay for a DLC like this, and gotta be honest, I would buy all the other DLC’s at once because of this as I haven’t bought none for the reason Im waiting to see if the game will become from “very good” to “fantastic” ^^ , but take your time, continue with this frequent interaction with the community and most of us won’t ever abandon the Exiled Lands :), keep the good work!

PS: A quiver skin shown in the character when bow pulled out wouldn’t hurt either. :wink:

1 Like