Shelter inconsistencies

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: US-West

We have built a fully enclosed Tier 1 structure that is wildly inconsistent in the shelter it provides. I would expect a certain amount of exposure due to window placement but there are spots where there is no shelter registering at all, as if we were just standing in the open outside. Take a couple of steps to the right and you’re safe from the sandstorm, but step wrong and you’re dead. Even with the windows it shouldn’t be this bad, and indeed is not in other structures we’ve built.

Pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/QHKEbUH

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Build multi-level, fully enclosed Tier 1 structure with spacious interior
  2. Observe inconsistently applied shelter ratings to the point that standing in certain places gives no shelter whatsoever.

I get this in my T2 multi-level stucture as well. pretty much any structure it seems has dead zones. move a little to left or right and shelter icon comes back. move again and sandstorm is killing you. i thought it was windows causing the problem, so i took them all out and still exists.

1 Like

I’m also experiencing a similar problem.

I don’t have any zones with zero shelter in my dwelling, but I’m getting damaged by sandstorms sometimes for simply moving slightly in a seemingly random direction. I had assumed it was ‘working as intended’ as a consequence of building with open windows, yet we are apparently unable to craft and install glass windows, which would be the obvious game-play feature to include if this were the case.

I would appreciate knowing if this is experienced by everyone, or if it is indeed a bug/problem being worked on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.