Shrines disappearing after upgrade

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Shrine disappearing after upgrade
Server type: PvE
Region: EU

I just lost two shrines after upgrading those to T2 or T3. The first shrine disappeared with a priest, after that I take everything and began upgrading and lost the next shrine after upgrading.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Put Mats in shrine
  2. Start upgrade
  3. Shrine is gone

Are you using mods? Such as LBPR?

If so, LBPR lets you put shrines further into the ground then they normally would be allowed (or into mountain cliffs, or other objects, etc). If the shrine detects an obstruction, it will break on upgrading. LBPR isn’t the direct cause, it just allows placement in areas where it wouldn’t normally, and thus the upgrade makes it more vulnerable to this happening.

Otherwise, screenshots should be provided. More then likely, there is an obstruction somewhere causing your issue.

Yeah, I 'm using LBPR but i happens random. Yog T2 shrine upgraded normally, only T3 dissapeared. Set shrine dissapeared while upgrading to T2. I will observe this because we have this mod really long and didn’t had an issue with this before.
But thanks for the information about it :slight_smile:

This tends to happen when you place them over foundations or other building pieces, in my experience a 5x5 floor is enough for any shrine.

The shrines gets bigger with every upgrade, so if they can’t find stability in the floor after the upgrade it gets destroyed doe to lack of it.

1 Like

This used to be a thing. The two pieces of advice were…

1. Be physically close enough to watch you shrine upgrade, but don’t touch it.
  2. Don’t put on placeables on your shrine. No candles, silverware, decorations, ect…
1 Like

Didn’t place something on my shrine, but I was noch close enough. I will try and report :slight_smile:

This is the solution.

I’m on an official server and about a week after upgrading a yog shrine to T3, it just disappeared, with all its contents. It was not on foundations, but level ground next to a building, and yes, it had max decay timer (168 hrs). No other shrines (I had all of them) were affected.

Did you have any clanmates who might have used it to summon an avatar?

Also, did you have an placeables on top of your shrine?

No clanmates and there was not a single placeable on the shrine

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.