Singleplayer Co-op Crashed at The Black Galleon and can’t load save anymore

Game mode: [Singleplayer/Co-Op]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [US]

I am hosting a co op game for myself and my husband. Two weeks ago, we were walking by/ under the Black Galleon and my game crashed to the Xbox Dashboard and my husband was booted shortly after since I was the host. When I tried to continue the save, the game crashed to the Dashboard during the loading screen. This happened many many many times. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the game (which takes an entire day to download) and still couldn’t load Singleplayer game offline or with co-op enabled. The game was patched the next day and when I still couldn’t load our save we gave up and I started a new game. Today we decided to try and check out The Black Galleon since there had been a second patch since we had lost our previous save and again my game crashed to the Xbox Dashboard and again I can’t load my save either offline or with co op enabled. I even disconnected my Xbox from the internet and still can’t get my save to load, I just crash to the Dashboard during the loading screen. This is extremely frustrating as we will have to start over once again.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Play on single player/co op with a friend
  2. Have a base built (anywhere) and walk by the Black Galleon
  3. Game will crash to Xbox Dashboard
  4. Try to load the Singleplayer save and watch it crash to the Dashboard during the loading screen