Singleplayer lagging

Hi, just checked and the full game size should read 53.18 GB thats with latest patch 1.05 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have tryed every tip from this topic and nothing helps. Really annoying when you spend 50e for such an unfinished game with all the other bugs in it! At least let us know you are working on it…

Ok thats sad… A “we are working on it” from the devs would be nice!

I’m also lagging. The game is unplayable, unfortunately. I hope they manage to fix it.

I tested my settings yesterday, unfortunately that meant erasing my save 4 different times, i was on Custom settings. I regretted it immediately afterwards, first try was severe lag, 2 and 3 were playable, 4 works great… There is still a delay in sound though. Im going to try all of the other difficulties levels mutiple times and see if theres a difference? My settings would be between easy and normal :slight_smile:

What difficulty are you playing on?

Yep i have the video setting on the ps4 turned to 2160 rgb, and my tv is set for it. I however do not have hdr turned on, didnt think the ps4 version would be hdr ready yet.
I think i’ll switch to 1080p and see if the image looks less washed out.

I know this sucks but to the folks getting offline lag, have tried disabling sandstorms? As I recall this was the issue in the past.

1 Like

Disabling sandstorms worked for me! Just tried 15 minutes and not much lag anymore. Not perfect but very much playable. Thank you very many👍

1 Like

Yea, i think the graphics has something to do with some of the lag, i turned gamma down to 1.5 im gona turn off sandstorms to and see how big a difference there is , It could be coincidence, but i tried different settings in the purge system some seemed really bad , Where i have my settings now i rarely have any lag. Im on a PS4 slim 1TB single player the control scheme on bottom left side of finalize character creation disappeared after making first character, the last 3 it was never there :slight_smile:

Lets take it back. Still lagging. Worked fine about 30 minutes and now the same than before

Yesterday i changed my playstation language setting to english (us) and played all evening and few hours this morning without that big lag. I did tested once changing it back to my own language (finnish) and it did work well about an hour then the lag came back. Then i changed back to english and no lag. I always restarted the game after changing language. Of course there are issues but its totally playable for me now. Just hoping it stays like this, so joy to play without big lag. Not sure if this helps or is it pure luck or coincidence for me but its worth a try

1 Like

I get the stutter after ive killed a player or npc. It usually gives 3 stutters over about 5 seconds then stops, it multiplies if more than one person dies at a time. I dont believe it to be a lag problem, but a problem on the game side, possibly to do with rendering certain things. I have friends that get the stutter when they look at chests. I have a problem with a delay in rendering items in chests and benches and bodies, hence my assumption.

I hope this is fixed soon, i enjoy the game but i avoid pvp and fighting more than one npc at a time because of this.

The game appears to lag everytime you use campfire or anything that includes such effect,only fix is i find was not use campfire or such,if you have a bed,make enough food,log out,back in and dont use fire of anykind until you need to cook food again,sadly using torch will trigger the lag again,i havent tried dismantling my fireplaces yet to overcome this issue,it might work faster,but i shut the game and log back in after i have used the fireplace to cook food and no lag after that.

1 Like

It is due use of fire of anykind by your creation,enemy camps doesnt seem to have effect by their campfires,tested this now after reading op post and having same lag problem,fixed by not using torches or campfires or anything that includes fire created by me,im using ps4pro…work around is to use campfire or whatever you need fire for,after done,shut the game and start again from the save,it will work until you use your own created fire item again,rinse and repeat

I’m having the exact same problem
I play on the standard ps4 and the game runs nice and smooth at first but after a couple of minutes it starts to lag as hell
Either its because my ps4 gets a little too hot or because the game needs to be optimized pretty badly

Btw I’m from sweden too lol

1 Like

Hello! Having exactly the same problems ! :disappointed_relieved: Frame drops wich makes it impossible to even move…and a new thing wich i discovered last night? Got tired of all the lagging so i restarted and my recent 2 hours where missing??

2 Likes