Singleplayer Thrall Spawn Bug

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: spawn Bug ?
Server type: PVE

My problem is in single player thralls spawn too fast. regardless of spawn multiplier.
(i tried 10.0 and 0.1 nothing changed its not working)
When you lost vision on them in few second thralls will respawn again no mattar what spawn multiplier you have.
i also have video proof but cant put link on topic i can send link if needed

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced.

1.Start SinglePlayer increase respawn multipler if needed
2.go to any thrall camp/base and kill all of them
3.dont look into camp and run away few seconds
4.thrall will be respawn again even if you increase the respawn multipler 10.0

RRS, sorry for your troubles, but it seems a server.ini file has a problem.

First, have you verified your local files through Steam? To do so:

Open your library in Steam and find Conan Exiles, probably in the upper left. Right click the file (not running) and select Properties. A new window will open with a tab Local Files, select that and click “Verify Integrity of Game Files”, then wait.

If you get a message that 1 or more files had to be replaced, your problem may be solved. Test it to see if the behavior is different. If not, please return here for another type of repair.

Regards

jim

Hi Jim, i tried to verify but nothing found i also deleted my server.ini and verified my files again and download missing file but i still have that problem. i did some research in forums people says dedicated servers fix that problem so i made one with dedicated server launcher that fixed my problem but now i have a huge desync problem. it may be due my bad download/upload speed and jim can you verify that problem for me am i the only person who has that problem in singleplayer.

Good work on the file validation. I have no experience with a dedicated server, though, and can continue with the single player aspect.

When in your solo game, through Server Settings, make yourself admin. Hit tilde, and paste the following in, then hit enter and see what happens to the respawn rate…
SetServerSetting NPCrespawnmultiplier 1.0

You may have to leave the area and return for this so work properly, or go to another camp.

If it works, we need to check for that setting in ServerSettings.ini in this folder …
F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
Your path will differ from the above, but you can find it. Backup the file and see if the original contains respawnmultiplier . If so, delete the entire line and save.

do the same for DefaultServerSettings.ini in the folder …
F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Config

Start solo and see if it solves the problem.

Regards

jim

@RRS, added another requirement above, in bold.

i tried that command with 3 different camp but its not worked. i also checked if it changes settings when i change the NPCrespawnmultiplier 1.0 / 2.0… When I enter the command, server.ini is changing it too.
I think the problem is when the player goes out of render range then re-enter it. singleplayer server consider them as not dead and respawn thralls again. After killing all thralls i waited somewhere nearby see if it works properly. After a long time thralls spawned looks like respawn multiplier works if player has vision.

this is the problem >>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qBjOtJgCII&feature=youtu.be

Hey @RRS

With a spawn speed multiplier of 10x it’s not uncommon to see how fast NPCs will respawn like in your case.
Additionally, in single player, based on how the game world is simulated, when entering a new area chunk it will be, most of the time, rebuilt based on some calculations (contrary to what a dedicated server would do, which is simulate all the map all the time).
To fully get rid of that occurrence, the only way to do it would be what @Jim1 suggested and start a dedicated server. In case you’d be interested, you can import your single player database and start a server on your own machine with this tool here:

1 Like

Hi Ignasis

in singleplayer Spawn multiplier not working at all if you have 10x or 1x thats changes nothing all thralls spawn when you lost vision on them. I also tried dedicated server but its desync alot its makes even worse for playing conan my pc cant handle server and game in the same time. i get fps spikes + desync.Singleplayer starts to annoy player becuase when you die in big thrall base all the thralls you killed respawn no matter what spawn multiplayer you have and i have to kill all of them again.it’s getting frustrating when you do that over and over.

this video shows 1x spawn multiplier with same issue

1 Like

Then if we understood correctly the issue at hand, it seems to be the limitation a listen server faces when simulating the world as pointed out above. As frustrating as it can be, it’s a necessary evil to keep the performance of a single player server.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

i hope dev team find another way to fix it in the future…

looks like i have to play with dedicated server but its desync alot. its too hard to fight with thralls. Whats the best dedicated server settings you suggest for 1 or 2 players ?

Have the exact same Problem.
So i hope for a solution too

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.