Siptah : Dungeons (vaults) are too easy at level 60 - Revamp?

Sorry sirvink but I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one. The game is constantly attracting new players, while rerollers are constantly re-running it. Furthermore, it may be easy for us veterans who have been playing for years now to power level if we want to. However, we are not all PvP players who are racing to the top. Some players are only casuals, whereas others such as myself prefer to savour and enjoy the journey while it lasts. The point of how long a person takes to hit level 60 is both subjective, and aldo moot. And which is more; neither Vaults nor Dungeons should be exclusive to level 60 players. We have a playerbase of all levels and abilities, and lower level players deserve to be able to test their metal in the games Vaults and Dungeons too. The final point I would make is this. As I pointed out earlier in the thread there are currently 14 Vaults. I dont feel that setting 2 out 14 Vaults aside for newer players, low level players and re-rollers is an unreasonable number. I do however feel that expecting 14 out of 14 Vaults to be set aside solely for level 60 players is.

3 Likes

The wolf vault which is the easiest has mobs dying in 10+ hits, against 40 points in strength and a 80 damage 2-hander.
The wolf boss requires a solid 30 hits or more and can kill you with just 2 special attacks, while you have 80% damage reduction and 450 hp.
The vaults have between 10-15 small chests which can spawn 3-9 eldarium in them, and several legendary chests. For example, fiend vault has 4 legendary chests in them, if you can find them.
Mobs also have a high chance to drop 1 decaying eldarium.
There’s also several feats to be found if you explore the dungeon and don’t rush, and I don’t mean the 2 recipes at the end.
All vaults now have secret chambers, where some are visible as a closed gate with a switch on the other side.
A full run can net you 70-100 decaying eldarium +mats and it takes around 20min or more if you’re fast, and that means killing all mobs and looting all the chests, which is not an easy thing let me tell you since all mobs now hit quite hard and have constant knock-out effect on you.
If you agro more than 4 mobs there’s a high change you’ll die. Your character will be flying left and right from the knock-out and you’ll be dead in under 10 sec. Imagine rocknoses, that’s all the vaults right now, maybe with the exception of the goblin vaults. Still, the goblin vault boss will one-shot you with a single special attack.
Rushing the last boss is nearly impossible. If your thrall doesn’t get stuck at the entrance fighting mobs, it still won’t be able to help you because it will be knocked out in a loop if it has more than 3mobs on him.

So, mobs dying in 2 hits and finishing a vault in 10min? Nonsese.
The vaults received alot of rework and they are a pretty nice challenge to complete solo.

I would like to see a video of you where you finish in 10min and kill the last boss in 4 hits.

2 Likes

I get it, I really do. I just think about how much there is to do when new (and I cherish the new player experience) and think there is so much discovery as a new player that we just don’t need to set aside more dungeon content for them. If the expected life cycle of a Conan gamer was predominantly the 1-59 levels, then yes, but I’d expect nearly all players can attribute less than 5% of their Conan game time to those first 59 levels. When you consider how limiting this Unreal Engine version has in map real-estate, every inch of land we walk on needs to have a purpose.

I just don’t think there are any complaints of “I got bored before hitting 60” in here. All the cries for content or map expansions come from veteran players that have grown bored with everything the map has to offer.

I personally was bored to tears with the EL map. Got excited with the new dungeons, but after 30 runs each… ugh. I’ve come back to Siptah and I’m 3.5 weeks into it and have about covered most of the content, with the exception of a few minor recipe discoveries and digging up graves (Damn you, you elusive shovel!!! lol).

Now I settle into building projects. Remake bases to optimize the locations for Purges and camp raids, as well as Siege beast storms.

I don’t think having a dungeon tailored to level 30, 40 or 50 would have impacted my enjoyment before 60, but using up map space for them for sure would detract from my variety in 60 play.

I do respect your opinion though, very much so and I’m usually a huge advocate for the new player experience, as a means to retain and grow the player base. But I feel the game design really has us all on the fast track to 60, regardless of how casual we are.

3 Likes

Frankly @GodlyVoice, I’m not going to waste my time making a video. I completed this dungeon in 10 minutes and the Boss fell very quickly (game in solo mode). I tested another dungeon (with demonic spiders) which was slightly more difficult. I will have the opportunity to test other dungeons now that the update has arrived on the normal servers. But I still have the feeling that the whole does not present a real challenge. FYI, I’m putting the max attribute points in strength, with strength bonus armor and stellar metal two handed sword.

I think Funcom is stuck between low level players and high level players on Siptah. The island is not yet complete, the content must adapt to all players but it is actually impossible on a “small” map.

@GodlyVoice, we do not know each other. I made a post to advance the game. I did it in good faith. And here you are insulting me as a liar. This dungeon is a joke. Here is the video.
Next time take the test yourself before calling others a liar.

Video in solo mode. TestLive.

Is this singleplayer? Did you changed your server settings specifically: monster damage taken and player damage dealt?
On official servers you can’t do this.
Just did the test with your attributes and gear. THis is the result with one hit in the same dungeon the same monster.

now what you just showed me is actually this:

You probably changed player damage multiplyer to 10 and called vaults too easy.

1 Like

Lets end the battle and just say splitting hairs doesn’t matter here. I’ve soloed vaults on settings that had settings where I increased the difficulty from defult, making it harder to kill the enemy. It wasn’t hard. How many hits? Don’t really care. Some vaults are a cake walk and others a bit of a challenge. Get surrounded by gremlins and even though they are easy, you are quickly doomed from their stun lock. Get too close to the white harpies and you will regret it. Miss a jump in Jhil… splat.

Spiders? hand me a blindfold and I should be fine.

It’s posts like this that ruin the game for everybody else. This player changes his damage multiplier or npc tamage taken, no idea which one, so mobs are downed in 2 hits and then tries to convice people that vaults are too easy. They are not easy with official settings(which are standard) and this post shoudn’t be taken seriously.

1 Like

Effectively, the damage multiplication parameter was increased. I very rarely use the game’s Testlive client. And I had to modify it the last time I used it, over a year ago. I didn’t remember it at all.

Anyway, the Vaults are quite easy to do. I play on PVE server and since update 2.3 I haven’t yet encountered any real challenge (Serpent Man and Serpent Sanctuary).

I did not find any real change in difficulty between before and now when these dungeons are supposed to be passed lvl 60.

And no need to attack people, @GodlyVoice , and call them a liar. I tried to make my contribution on the Testlive (and I no longer remember these settings in the parameters). You should learn politeness, it could do you a lot of good.

It didn’t occur to you that it was odd that mobs were going down so fast? I watched you kill two mobs in your video and immediately knew your damage settings were messed up.

That being said, some of the vaults are still too easy and could be improved with some straight forward changes. Gremlins needs more mobs. Fiends are way too slow and need to be grouped up. Spiders need a major revamp. Harpies in the vault by violet lake are broken and need a nerf, but the harpies in the other vault couldn’t hit a stationary elephant with their acid spit attack.

Overall, the difficulty is higher, but the vaults need more work. With some exceptions they lack tension and that’s the only thing that really makes farming not mind-numbingly boring.

1 Like

Or having the sigil on.

So we experimented a bit with my friend, and for 2 of us , without thralls, at 60 levels with decent/good loadout and potions and warpaints, the sweetspot seems npc damage taken at 0.4 and npc damage dealt at 1.2.There is tension, you can die and you definitely feel the need to try to avoid attacks, and overall fight well. Maybe we will go a bit higher but i dont think much/

Aye, and I respect yours also sirvink, and I am not humouring you here. You have made some utterly excellent, and very insightful counterpoints. Well argued. So I was more than eager to return a like on your post.

Most long running members, and for that matter my post history shows that I am always humble enough to admit that I am wrong. However, I dont believe that I am wrong on this one. And after contemplation, I dont think that you are either. But rather I think that we just have differing preferences on this issue.

I can understand that point, however I will offer a few counterpoints here which I feel are important. The first is the joys of running a dungeon at early levels. I recall when I first got CE, I heard that The Dregs was for lower levels. I spent so much time and was so excited to run one for the first time, and it really galvanised my love of this amazing game. And as an added benefit, it provided new recipes for lower level players. The second is that it is not just lower level players who run low level dungeons. Re-roller run them too. And if Funcom is wise enough to add a Prestige option down the track, then those low level dungeons will always have a role to fill. The third is that for many of us, even at level 60, we just dont stop re-running lower level dungeons. Heck I still run The Dregs periodically now.

The final point that has stuck with me since this announcement was made was one of simple mathematics; ratios specifically. There are 14 Vaults. I personally dont feel that asking for 2 out of 14 (1:6) is an unreasonable request, especially now that we have NPC camps, new recipes and The Void. However, having all 14 out of 14 (7:0) ratio just feels kind of greedy for me, and I would feel kind of bad for lower level players and rerollers.

Again, your points are valid, your logic is sound, and for that matter you are not incorrect. However I think that we are just destined to agree to disagree on this issue.

1 Like

Very kind of you!

You had me at the Dregs! I concede that point 100%. That was a great memory and what an awesome challenge to conquer it in low levels.

Now, to take 2 vaults and reduce their levels, should they continue to be vaults, or get a name change and a remake of the appearance from outside? Maybe “Broken Vault” or “Corrupted Vault” to signify that it isn’t the same as other vaults? Redesign the outside appearance? Could do one of the fish man vaults, that is close to the shore and maybe one of the goblinoid vaults? Probably should both be close to the coast for easiest access for newer players.

Then probably add in some lower level varients to their armor and armory feats.

Maybe remake one with Crom rewards, that give both mid level recipes and lvl 60 recipes?

1 Like

You 2 Keep going but you miss a Important point.

Vaults are Not there to be challenging(imo), are there to be fun. Apart the fact that there is nothing challenging in the game, you going to learn every attack of the npcs/Animation you going to fight sooner or later anyway, the Grind for eldarium is real and very time consuming.

With that being said…I use a lot of eldarium so i Do vaults on a daily Basis, i would dislike having to spend more time inside one vault only because of fights taking longer. I run daily through 100-150 Aloe extracts, more difficult vaults would mean more Aloe to gather and more alchemical to produce. You See? The Issue of having easy vaults is Not a easy thing to change.
I Do vaults because i need eldarium and i have fun in there, i feel strong when doing vaults…thing which kinda makes you forget about how much eldarium one needs. Eventually Fun for me also means to be productive in the 40-50 hours i play in a week.

It is only how i See Things, vaults are ok as it is. I guess everyone with his own take on what fun is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And you have missed an important point here yourself Coty. That being that the decision was already made by Funcom to make Vaults more challenging. This change transpired before this thread was created, independently of mine and @sirvink viewpoints, and irrespective of them. As of now only commenting on what has come to pass. If anything I am trying to bring a couple of them back to a moderate difficulty level. Funcom is not going to make all 14 out of 14 easy again after they just re-adjusted them upwards.

So let me get this straight…you dont find anything in the game challenging, but you run through 100-150 aloe extracts daily!! Your testimony does not seem to align with your reported outcomes. And you dont even want so much as a couple of them to be more challenging despite the fact that you could, hypothetically speaking, grind your Eldarium from one of the other say 10-12 Vaults? It seems to me that your priority should be on convincing Funcom to rebalance some of the grind, as opposed to wanting easier Vaults. No, Vaults (at least the majority of them) should be end game content, and they should be challenging. Those are my two cents worth.

I hope that Our Diskussion to remain civilized from my side.

I go through so many aloe because of time, i do not like at All spending unnecesary time in Fights. I have good weapons, Good armor, so i can easily Charge into a Group or 3-4-5 npcs without dieing, but i come out of it quite messed up, so i need healing before rushing in the next Group.

Thats why i use aloe so much, not because i find things challenging. I play for 2 to 3 hours daily and if i spend 1 hour inside a vault (which at the end just trows some eldarium at me, since Early oct’20 i Do vaults and barely saw scrolls/recipes drop) then thats already half of my gametime for the Day.

I replied to you 2 because one of you want this, the other one that, not because i have something against what you chatted togwther. How about we All choose “fun” as a Common playground?

I Do not wish for the devs to mess up With things that are already working.

I just want to have fun in this game.

Only if :slight_smile:

A little late to this discussion, but I was also wondering about the numbers from OP, and seeing the video where he only has 10 points in encumbrance and yet he is wearing heavy pictish armor with almost no weight effect.
OP clearly had some changes to several settings in his game, there is no way in hell that any of this is possible on an official server with vanilla settings, not even with the best gear.
I do agree though that most of the vaults aren’t that hard, but are they supposed to extremely tough?
Aren’t they more meant to be a place to explore and harvest eldarium with some challenge?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.