Siptah: I just had the most unlikely experience

While I began raiding the place of The Bastard, I ran across a wild wolf who of course went hostile on me. But instead of killing it, I blocked it a few times with my shield and made a run for it through the camp, slicing and dicing my way along with this wild wolf in tow.
Oddly, to my surprise, this wolf began attacking the Black Corsairs instead of chasing me.
Seizing upon an opportunity that I couldn’t let go to waste, I jumped into the fray and started helping the wolf.
After each kill, the wolf would head off to the next Black Corsair and start chewing on it, and there i was right along side helping. Together, we must have wiped out more than half of that camp until a miscalculated swing of my sword ended the wolf’s life. DAMN.
I paused in silence for a moment and grieved for the loss of my unexpected friend in those fights. I took it’s pelt (not wanting it to just lay there) back home with me and placed it in my large chest. I’ll probably use its pelt to make a new bed now.
Just to keep it close for sentimental reasons.

22 Likes

That is the thing about this game you find friends in the most unlikely places.

2 Likes

That’s actually a surprisingly heartfelt story!

2 Likes

How about then…
Devs to put an option about it…
1 in a thousand, nothing less, to make an npc or a mob a friendly existence on the server. So every time you meet the mob or the wandering npc you can place food in it or gear. It would give a different experience to the player. A pleasant surprise that would reward at the same time players that spend an amount of time in the server. If I couldn’t pet or slave something, I would surely build close to look after it.

1 Like

I do know the code reason it happens, but it is one of those nice things that our minds make us see when we dont know what is happening.

I am very fond of that idea, so much so I made a mod for setting up levels of friendliness for NPCs, as to balance the rage that comes from the core game system.

But the story reminded me that video about Durotan, and one comment on it:

• Dude is creepy. He killed his pal wolf during bloodrage, and wore its hide for the rest of his life ?
1 Like

@KorgFoehammer
Thank you, it would be awesome :+1:t6:.

How does one resurrect a 10 month old thread?? From what I’ve seen every thread is closed after 2 weeks of inactivity.

I’ve frequently noticed that when enemies can’t damage something (like a player blocking and not attacking back) and aren’t taking damage they will switch targets. One of the great joys of PvE is stirring sh*t up between unfriendly groups of mobs. :grinning:

1 Like

It is.

1 Like