Siptah purge?!?! Are you kidding me?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I guess we are going to have to include a trigger warning for you next time. I know, I know…you have bugs and the Purge is coming to Siptah. You have truly been done an injustice this day. If you are dissatisfied with the planned changes to the Isle of Siptah then may I suggest you simply take your wallet elsewhere and do not buy it; you are not obligated to do so. As opposed to trolling and having a temper tantrum like an entitled child because Funcoms vision is not congruent with your own personal desires. Have a nice day. :smiling_imp: :metal:

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hey guys, pls stay on the topic instead of trying to draw imaginary lines on the sand.

Theres nothing wrong with having different opinions and perspective, just like having two sides of the same coin. Just agree to disagree, doesn’t mean the other person having a different perspective doesn’t love the game all the same.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sour as a freaking grapefruit about what Funcom’s decided to do to Siptah. I even made a thread to criticize them. I had high hopes for Siptah and those hopes were proven unfounded.

None of that makes it “one of the biggest bait and switches […] seen in the game industry”. I chose to pay $20 for an unfinished DLC, knowing full well that it might not be something I liked, or that it might end up being something completely different from what it was when it started. That’s what early access means.

I chose to support Funcom. They chose to do something I didn’t like. Feel free to call me an optimistic dumbass, but it’s no bait and switch. :man_shrugging:

Because words really do matter. It’s January 2021, do I really need to point at all the RL evidence we’ve had recently that words matter? Weren’t you paying attention?

2 Likes

Not sure why anyone would care about purge, it does not work most of the time and if it does they spawn inside the base and get stuck in walls and mountains and then the purge just ends. Oh wait did they fix that , nope they did not. Will they, nope not much chance of it being fixed after being so broken for
so very very long, so if they add it to spitah have fun with it.

2 Likes

And like I said:

2 Likes

weird, it works for us most of the time. different folks, different strokes i guess.

I’m just here to chime in briefly with: Isle of Siptah is a bait & switch? Sony Online Entertainment & SWG would like to have a word. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

The Purge is so polarizing that it should be configurable on a per-user basis rather than per-server. Add two new items:

• Flag of Truce: putting this up makes your base not targeted by the purge (could even require tribute)
  • Drums of War: the more of these you put on your base the stronger purge you get. The more you play the drums the more frequently you get a purge

I would agree with you if and it’s a big if, the purges were not buggy. My base was destroyed a few times by cultists teleporting inside foundation pieces and pillars. It did not matter that not only did I have open approach lanes to my front gate, as soon as my thralls would engage in combat, the entire group of purge thralls would teleport inside my base. I had to post thralls on every floor, in every room and outside. So the purge doesn’t work.

Man I can’t wait for them to add purges to Siptah… This will be the only reason I return to the game.

1 Like

Okay, I guess I am not getting the main point here. Can’t purges be turned off in the server settings? Problem solved for those who are triggered by purges (see what I did there, triggered by purges…).

I’m really excited to see the Purge come to Siptah, as are my friends who play CE as well.

To those who are up in arms and very upset about the Purge coming to Siptah: obviously you invest a lot of time into the game, why then are you not a server admin for your own gaming group or rent your own server? We rent our own and it comes out to less than a dollar a day. Wouldn’t it be much better if you could decide what mechanics are good and not good to have active on a server? Just sayin…

2 Likes