Skill trees to make you special

I tired not to comment on this thread. i really did. But after seeing some of the regulars give in, i figured i would.

So Bryan wants to have almost all feats available in one thread, then in this thread wants to limit certain things by making “classes”. :thinking::roll_eyes:

Just spend your atts and feats a certain way, and guess what??? You have a skill tree!!!

But that requires self-control, which is difficult for people it seems.

That being said, I wouldn’t be opposed to be able to unlock a feat that improves damage with a specific weapon type slightly after you mastered all available crafting feats for that weapon, e.g. something like axe mastery after you’ve learned all axes (excluding the ones only found in the world).

Edit for clarification:

So in case of the axe: Iron Axe → Iron War Axe → Cimmerian War Axe → Hardened Steel War Axe → Acheronian Axe —> Unlock: Axe Mastery with say +5% damage when using an axe or something similiar.

And that for every weapon type (i.e. sword, dagger, mace, axe, throwing weapons, spear, greatsword and warhammer). It woud basically serve as a reward for dedicating oneself to a specific weapon type.

But anything more than that wouldn’t really fit the game and it’s design. If you want a Skyrim-style game (I know I do :wink: ) it would be easier to mod Skyrim to use Hyboria as a setting…

Can you please draw something like a diagram or picture. I dont get it.

1 Like

A skill tree offers advance skills to master. You can pick up a sword in real life and smack it like club. Doesn’t make you a master.

Skill trees are not classes. They offer more to players. Freedom is what my idea offers. Freedom to master a skill tree learn all you can or just learn what you want.

Skill trees are uneffected by feats. Axe master doesn’t need you to learn an axe feat.

Stat points effect combat.

Feats effect what recipes you can learn and craft.

Skill trees lets you master what you want to.

FREEDOM!

Please get more precise! What do you mean by a (Skill)Tree? How should it work, how do people/characters progress. Why excaly does it offer more freedom like the current system and why should I, as a player, care about that?

At the moment at max level I can spent points in any trai which directly effects basic character attributes and at a certain threshold I gain useful extra abilities. I can use this system to lay out the abilities of my character as my personal preferences are. And with a cheap item i can completely change this setup if I want to. Why should I feel the need for more freedom?

I don’t know what game your talking about but it’s not Conan Exiles.

Works like this every level you get 1 skill point. At Level 1 you have 1 skill point.

You unlock passives and abilities.

Sample: Sword dash you dash forward and slash with a sword. Warrior Master 1 you drain 5 less stamina cost and you swing 5% Faster for 1 handed weapons. Warrior Armor breaker 1 one-handed weapons gain +3% armor penetration. Warrior defense: Able to block with 1 handed weapons. Stamina is used to use abilities.

For real? Maybe you are the one who is playing the wrong game? Cone Exiles is not meant to be some kind of table-top aspirant, nor a mmorpg. Why do you even play the game if you want to change it to something completely different? It has its own design philosophy and principal of function. Even if we would follow your suggestion, its a easy to say "swing faster x%", "block (chance) with x-weapon". But you have to implement it into the game. And that’s not that easy. You cannot simply increase speed or let models block something or mix weapon animations to your preferences. It doesn’t work like that.

Conan Exiles doesn’t have the freedom you were talking about. Go fight boss button smashing. Have tribe to use healing banage. The player combat is unskilled. Conan is skilled. What I’m suggesting exist in the Conan world. Blocking with weapons. Conan does that alot. This idea is freedom. Cut the chains and set us loose.

The only part of what you’re saying that I agree with is not being able to block with weapons.
Crazy if you consider weapon training always includes learning how to block/parry.

Even unarmed martial arts spends a lot of time on it before you get to the juicy attack forms.

1 Like

Is this going to be another endless repetition thread… count me out…

@TeatedCorpse You are so weak! :rofl: :laughing:
Blocking is something that many developers had their headache and its difficult if not impossible to implement in an online game.

I refer to the possibility to select and change your chosen skill points (and perks) as well as feat points.
You have obviosly no idea of the mechanics behind combat in a game like CE. You want to change it into a skill button keyboard like other mmorpgs but that is against the principal setup of this game. CE kinda like a 3d person shooter with melee weapons, while your suggestion will change it to a turn-base RPG.

I, too have a suggestion. I want a funtion added to the formus to be able to hide topics (for myself) if i like.

1 Like

@Ryu-Salazar not weak to agree with something, even if you disagree with 99% of suggestions,the opposite I’d say… :crazy_face:

Currently we can block with a shield, not that I like the all or nothing mechanic, why can’t the shield block key be used to put a sword into a block animation.

I agree a perfect block system would be hard to pull off, you’d have to account for way too many variable… opposing strengths, weapon mass etc…
But then this is not a battle simulator…

You clearly don’t understand the freedom I’m asking for.

To be 100% Focus on being a Master of your craft.

What wrong in adding more details to make your CaC special?

Nothing the answer to that question.

I find it odd you can be an auto master of your weapon or craft without effort. Master as in no bonus to your craft.

We are all Bobs and Jane Does. I want to not be a Bob and be a Bryan Skull.

Skill tree makes your CaC or Toon special.

Stamina cost could be the cost of abilities for skill trees.

What I’m trying to say is that you wanted to stay away from the topic but had to give in. :wink:

@Ryu-Salazar when someone finally has a good idea out of 100, in this case blocking, it deserves a reply…

The rest I ignore. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Weapon block/parry would be neat to have, agreed. I can see why they haven’t included it, but it would be a nice feature to have and add a bit more variety to combat and our characters.

Yeah to be able to block with a weapon would be nice. Question is, how to implement it without breaking your fingers. (Mouse)button combination maybe? But this would mean that the gave hse to wait/delay the normal action on the first button you would normaly performe which might be unpleasent in combat as well. It is tricky topic nonetheless.